CoachWrestling

Sadulaev is 22 years old

18 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

At this point, who cares? He’s in the seniors now. Is he any less impressive because he might be 25 and not 22? He’s got many years of GOAT-level performances left in him. 

It's just an attempt to tarnish his lower-age level accomplishments.

More sore losers being sore losers.

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It's just an attempt to tarnish his lower-age level accomplishments.

More sore losers being sore losers.

IF you cheat and a person calls you out for it...said person is now a sore loser and wrong for doing so?   Sounds about right.

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'll argue like you do for the purposes of being insipid.

You are saying Russia has never cheated?!

Now you're just being a diva.

If I wanted to point fingers at Russia I would have been all aboard the Hillary train, my man.

I wasn't.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, Shiraz123 said:

So if he's 3 years older then he was 19 here? Hard to believe. 

Watching this match really solidifies for me that he is the age they say he is.  He was frankly lucky to win this match (it could have gone either way).  We can all agree that Sadulaev is one of the best senior level wrestlers ever.  Does it make sense that one of the all time greats was barely good enough at the age of 19 to win the cadet world championships, with a three year age advantage?  And then from 19 to 21 he goes from being a guy who could barely win cadet worlds with a three year age cheat, to tech falling his way through the senior worlds?  That much of a leap seems much more likely to me for someone going from 16 to 18 than from 19 to 21.  And he looks like he could be 16 in this video.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:29 PM, Shiraz123 said:

So if he's 3 years older then he was 19 here? Hard to believe. 

He was 17 there ... so 7 years later he must be 24 right =P

no for real yuri belonowski (he is now a member of the national coaching stuff)  a couple of years ago told me he is 2 or 3 years older ... but does that matter at senior age level?

2222.png

It is widely known in Russia he is a few years older, but like many said, does it really matter anymore when evaluating his results?

I'm more surprised that they entered him as a cadet, they must have known he was good enough to win juniors.

Who cares, but Sniderman is not going to get caught like that again.  I would only call Kyle a slight favorite myself, but I'm a homer.  But, before you can be the best of all time, you gotta keep beating an American hero.  I don't think he can do it.

You heard it here first:

(dateline Moscow)--"In a major reversal, the Russian Sports Federation admits that 'errors were made' in certifying the correct age of World and Olympic freestyle wrestling champion Abdulrashid Sadulaev.  After an extensive inquiry and painstaking investigation, it has been determined that Sadulaev is actually 15 and will be representing Russia in the next Cadet World Freestyle Championships.  The Federation apologizes for its error and promises it will be more diligent in future cases of age confirmation."

22 hours ago, Peso said:

Who cares, but Sniderman is not going to get caught like that again.  I would only call Kyle a slight favorite myself, but I'm a homer.  But, before you can be the best of all time, you gotta keep beating an American hero.  I don't think he can do it.

There is nothing in that match or since from either wrestler that makes me think that there isn't a substantial gap there now. Sad has improved more since that match than Snyder has.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why is there a "?" if you know what you are talking about. Talk about a freudian slip...

You're a well informed guy, dare I even say smart...

You follow wrestling avidly.

Don't act stupid. Get off his nuts.

Or is Yariguin too far in the past to not remember that Snyder lost to a guy who was barely 3rd string for Russia(if that)?

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Don't ask me.  I'm not certain like you are.  Is it common opponents?  Tournament results?  

Please see above. Yes. Results.

12 hours ago, nhs67 said:

There is nothing in that match or since from either wrestler that makes me think that there isn't a substantial gap there now. Sad has improved more since that match than Snyder has.

You would not get that impression from watching AS's European finals against the Belorussian.   The Belorussian looked very tentative and when he had Sadulaev at a disadvantage he froze and didn't even attempt a finish.  Sadulaev did not look great.

He didn't lose, though. Disadvantage or not he put the result in to win Euros.

Snyder was one and done at a Russian tournament where she lost to the 3rd string grappler(who would be first string in all but maybe 5 countries, but still).

I want the Cap'n to win it all again, but Sad is better at this point.

Looked like Sadulaev was best friends with all his opponents at Euro's and just went through the motions on cruise control to win gold.

If Sad stays healthy, he'll be a monster at the World Championships (and Olympics). Really hope to see Sadulaev and Snyder meet in the finals again.