CoachWrestling

Sadulaev is 22 years old

The state of fandom for the US is just sad. 

We are now discussing the age of a wrestler who's been competing at the Senior level for what....5 or 6 years. 

Everything I read in reference to someone from another country being great, unreal, or at this point very good at wrestling, 99% of the time it's because they cheated in some way. 

In terms of what I have seen at the Senior Level International Level no one can touch the overall ability of Saitiev or Saduluev. 

*Insert comments from 99% of people about JL Smith, Sanderson, Burroughs, Synder, Cox, Taylor, and Dake*

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I do believe a lot of folks put their beer goggles on and won't admit that the Cap'n can be beaten let alone dominated.

I just didn't like how folks would disregard Sad's victory as a fluke and pencil Snyder in as an automatic favorite when he has lost since, where Sad has not.

1 hour ago, MrDream said:

We are now discussing the age of a wrestler who's been competing at the Senior level for what....5 or 6 years. 

Everything I read in reference to someone from another country being great, unreal, or at this point very good at wrestling, 99% of the time it's because they cheated in some way. 

In terms of what I have seen at the Senior Level International Level no one can touch the overall ability of Saitiev or Saduluev. 

*Insert comments from 99% of people about JL Smith, Sanderson, Burroughs, Synder, Cox, Taylor, and Dake*

I don't think anyone is really criticizing Sad, he is clearly the best now whatever his true age is. What this "controversy" brings to light is the questionable tactics of Russian wrestling. How many of their current cadets and Juniors are over age?

27 minutes ago, Jim L said:

I don't think anyone is really criticizing Sad, he is clearly the best now whatever his true age is. What this "controversy" brings to light is the questionable tactics of Russian wrestling. How many of their current cadets and Juniors are over age?

I think your point would be warranted....but you stated yourself earlier in the post is that Saduluev has dominated....in everything he has wrestled. Why is it so hard to believe that he dominated Cadets and then made the jump to Senior? It's hard because 99.999% of the world can't do it....but....Saduleuv is that .001%. 

I would love to see Snyder knock him off, but...I don't think with Snyder's current training regiment that will happen. Also, Saduleuv is nearly impossible to train for. He's exactly like JB....he does this well....let's work on this to counter this....so you do and you are successful. Then you realize no other person in the world has the athletic/wrestling ability mixed with the intangibles that guys like Saduleuv/JB do and then it goes out the window. Now that Saduluev has acclimated to the weight, it will be very interesting to see how him and Snyder mix it up. 

6 hours ago, MrDream said:

I think your point would be warranted....but you stated yourself earlier in the post is that Saduluev has dominated....in everything he has wrestled. Why is it so hard to believe that he dominated Cadets and then made the jump to Senior? It's hard because 99.999% of the world can't do it....but....Saduleuv is that .001%. 

I would love to see Snyder knock him off, but...I don't think with Snyder's current training regiment that will happen. Also, Saduleuv is nearly impossible to train for. He's exactly like JB....he does this well....let's work on this to counter this....so you do and you are successful. Then you realize no other person in the world has the athletic/wrestling ability mixed with the intangibles that guys like Saduleuv/JB do and then it goes out the window. Now that Saduluev has acclimated to the weight, it will be very interesting to see how him and Snyder mix it up. 

My point wasn't that Sad was probably not of age when he won cadets because he went directly into seniors and won, it is now that Russia has a shady history with breaking rules and there are lots of whisperings about his age, so it seems very possibly true. However, your defense brings up another point, almost none (Way less than. 001%) can dominate seniors the way he does, now to think he can do that as a first year aged junior makes me sound good age and Russian tactics even more. To me it sounds a little like the defense of Lance Armstrong, before he was caught, i.e. he is so special the ordinary rules don't apply to him.

BTW, I have no idea if Sad or any other wrestler is doping. I certainly hope not, as I think he is the best wrestler in the world and would be saddened to learn that he was enhanced. If the age allegations are right, then that cheapens his cadet accomplishments, but certainly not his senior golds and Olympic gold.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, MrDream said:

This x 1000. 

Dude, what is your malfunction?  Are you THAT dense?  I KNOW he is at LEAST 3 years older than what he is listed as.  Why would I wanna share my source with you?  Believe me or not, I really do not care.  I know what I know.