Sign in to follow this  
Idaho

Your Team’s 19/20 Probable Lineup

30 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Any chance we see DMF and ML swap 165/174?

I have no first hand knowledge but would say it’s a possibility. There was speculation on VT’s board that mehki wanted 165 last year. Not sure if there was an official wrestle off but Lewis took DMF to the wire his true freshman year. 

With OU the big returners are Justin Thomas (R12 157) and Dom Demas (4th). The team is slowly improving under Lou Roselli, hopefully they'll have more than 1 AA next year.

With OSU there is a good deal of firepower returning.

125 Piccininni 2XAA

133 Fix 2nd

141 Kaid Brock (R12, 2xAA) - still kinda iffy on Brock. He needs to get a lot stronger or give up that inside trip.

149 Boo Lewallen - should make AA if he doesn't get hurt. Has great offense.

157 Kaden Gfeller - had a great year at 149 this year, but fell apart at the end. Had wins against several AAs last year.

165 Joe Smith - assuming Joe can keep his weight down. R16 this year, should see improvement next year, is a 2 time AA.

174 Travis Wittlake, maybe? Jacobe Smith is gone.

184 Geer - returning AA.

197 Andrew Marsden

HWT Cornelius "Fancy name" Putnam

OSU returns 6 guys who have been AAs in the past, 3 who AA'd this past season.  I think top 5 is reasonable.

1 hour ago, Creek chub said:

Keller should jump levels next year.  He was an impressive true freshman 

He had one decent win last year (AC Headlee), and pretty much lost to every quality opponent (everyone wrestlestat ranked above #60).  What impressed you?

On 4/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, Idaho said:

Of course this all depends on redshirts and other factors  Beavs will have a young line up  

Oregon State 

125 - Brandon Kaylor Fr

133 - Devan Turner Sr

141- Grant Willits So

149 - Logan Meek Fr 

157 - Hunter Willits Jr or Robbie Garcia Fr

165 - Aaron Olmos So or Abner  Romero So

174 - Colt Doyle Sr 

184 - Bob Coleman Sr or Jackson McKinney Fr or Myles Terry 

197 - JJ Dixon Fr 

Hwr- Jamarcus Grant Jr 

Learned on Sat. that Bob Coleman will graduate this spring and call it a career.  He gone.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Any chance we see Hiles or Ritchie or Atienza play a factor at 157? Ritchie hasn't seen under 160 since frosh year in HS. Atienza and Hiles have seen 157.

Jimenez could be a factor somewhere, yeah? Made a midseason drop to 165, but could he challenge somewhere?

I do think HRis will have the nod still, though.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see him make a drop to 133 if it helps the team. The guy has always been a go-getter team minded guy.

You could be right about Hrispolous. I did hear he would have cut down to 133 last year until Tulolo showed up. I think he could be pretty good.  Not sure Atienza or Hiles can beat Tucker. and doubt Ritchie can make 157. The problem with Jimenez, he can't beat Hughes at 165 or Malczewski at 174.

29 minutes ago, klehner said:

He had one decent win last year (AC Headlee), and pretty much lost to every quality opponent (everyone wrestlestat ranked above #60).  What impressed you?

He’s was a true freshman starting D1 and was competitive in most, if not all matches. Maybe I’m easily impressed.

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

With OU the big returners are Justin Thomas (R12 157) and Dom Demas (4th). The team is slowly improving under Lou Roselli, hopefully they'll have more than 1 AA next year.

With OSU there is a good deal of firepower returning.

125 Piccininni 2XAA

133 Fix 2nd

141 Kaid Brock (R12, 2xAA) - still kinda iffy on Brock. He needs to get a lot stronger or give up that inside trip.

149 Boo Lewallen - should make AA if he doesn't get hurt. Has great offense.

157 Kaden Gfeller - had a great year at 149 this year, but fell apart at the end. Had wins against several AAs last year.

165 Joe Smith - assuming Joe can keep his weight down. R16 this year, should see improvement next year, is a 2 time AA.

174 Travis Wittlake, maybe? Jacobe Smith is gone.

184 Geer - returning AA.

197 Andrew Marsden

HWT Cornelius "Fancy name" Putnam

OSU returns 6 guys who have been AAs in the past, 3 who AA'd this past season.  I think top 5 is reasonable.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/44822/streck-shawn/profile

Isn't this toon coming in for you?

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Blocked (I'm at work). Looked him up on the Purdue roster. Pretty pedestrian stats, actually. This guy doesn't look like a world beater, judging by his placements. Hopefully he improves a lot in OSU's room (and he probably will).

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

Blocked (I'm at work). Looked him up on the Purdue roster. Pretty pedestrian stats, actually. This guy doesn't look like a world beater, judging by his placements. Hopefully he improves a lot in OSU's room (and he probably will).

30-15 and R16 as a RS-FR starter in the B1G the year Snyder-Coon, etc were seniors?

I put him right on level with Stencel.  In their true frosh years he was 1-0 against him and in their RS-FR season they went 2-2 against each other.

I imagine he'll be AA caliber, providing OSO can get progression out of him.

6 hours ago, CB said:

Learned on Sat. that Bob Coleman will graduate this spring and call it a career.  He gone.

Bob ended his career well! With a pac 12 title! Good luck to him. I think McKinney has showed some promise this past year. 

21 hours ago, randyfoxwell said:

Hopefully Mattox will be good. Hayes is very frustrating to watch

I really think Hayes ends up back at 141 to finish out his career and does much better there.  If the move back down does work out maybe he is a candidate for the 6th year medical waiver?   Mattox certainly has the ability to be a very good if his academic/off mat issues that kept him out first semester of last year are resolved.  2x Ohio state champ 4x finalist.  Split with David Carr as a junior (beat him during the season and lost to him in the state finals) and majored Dom Demas.  Style seems to be college ready as he his mat wrestling and scrambling were already advanced when in hs.  I also think there is a small chance Sasso eventually moves up to 157 but maybe that's down the road.  

13 hours ago, Michigan wrestling said:

You could be right about Hrispolous. I did hear he would have cut down to 133 last year until Tulolo showed up. I think he could be pretty good.  Not sure Atienza or Hiles can beat Tucker. and doubt Ritchie can make 157. The problem with Jimenez, he can't beat Hughes at 165 or Malczewski at 174.

In my opinion, the best lineup Michigan State could put out would be:

125- Foley Jr

133- Hrisopolous Jr

141- Enriquez So

149- Omania Fr

157- Tucker Jr

165- Hughes Jr

174- Malczewski Fr

184- Caffey So

197- Wilton So

285- Beard So

This lineup cuts a few guys down weights from last year but allows Omania to come in at 149. This allows Hamdan and Crace to redshirt. If Hris can’t make 133 he wrestles Enriquez off for 141 and Hamdan comes in and starts as a true frosh at 133 right away. 

14 hours ago, Creek chub said:

He’s was a true freshman starting D1 and was competitive in most, if not all matches. Maybe I’m easily impressed.

I guess.  Bonused in seven of his fifteen losses.

18 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Your company blocks WrestleStat but allows The Mat and NCAA team pages? What did Wrestle Stat do to your IT dept. to deserve that???

On 4/13/2019 at 7:39 PM, BigD236 said:

Sasso is the real deal. OSU got a great kid. PSU is going to regret they let him leave the state. 

No they won't.  Doesn't fit their lifestyle.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, TripNSweep said:

Here's my guesses at ASU.

125: Brandon Courtney, low AA/R12

133: Julian Chlebove, if he RS then Josh Kramer, Chlebove could be a mid to low AA

141: Busiello, if he RS then Demison or Crooks, Busiello could be a low AA/R12

149: Maruca, R12

157: Teemer, Mid AA

165: Shields, mid AA

174: A. Valencia, mid AA

184: Z. Valencia, 3rd NCAA title

197: Norfleet, Low AA/R12

285: Hall, anywhere from 2nd to 8th

Depending on draws, injuries and how guys adjust going up or down, ASU could really make some noise.  I think Anthony Valencia is going to surprise some people.  

AdidasBanner_1000x600_WOTW_20190415.jpg

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Your company blocks WrestleStat but allows The Mat and NCAA team pages? What did Wrestle Stat do to your IT dept. to deserve that???

LOL, I don't know but it's pretty annoying. I watched a lot of FLO wrestling at work as well.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:39 PM, BigD236 said:

Sasso is the real deal. OSU got a great kid. PSU is going to regret they let him leave the state. 

You do know Verk has beat him before right?  I mean pretty much embarrassed him? Right? 

Edited by LLB

On 4/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, BigD236 said:

I am pretty sure PSU will not have a 149 that can beat Sasso. Why wouldn’t they want him? He will be at the least a 3 to 4 time AA.. I would bet he is a NC. 

8 hours ago, yonz_g said:

Rumor is he's not heading to AZ after all.

Where is he going?  He is from a neighboring town so I saw him wrestle all though out HS.
I believe he beat Chlebove the last time they met.