Idaho

Your Team’s 19/20 Probable Lineup

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I did discuss it. That is what deteriorated into what you consider as trolly behavior.

I will contradict that as to other folks acting as if an opinion impugned their flowery constitution is what derailed everything. If folks didn't have to treat every contradictory opinion as a call to arms and could see them as opinion, then we'd not be here.

As far as your lineup?

You have a slew of folks who could place as high as 3-4 or as low as R16. It depends on the draws and the day.

Example: On any given day Red can take 2nd next year or go 0-2. The same could be said for Venz, Labriola, or White, and that is just off the top of my head.

Do you think anyone may change weights?

I dont see any returning starters changing weights, or really being challenged for their spot. 149 is at the moment a hole to be filled. Caleb Licking, who wrestled unattached at 157 this year, I believe is going down, and should be challenged by Colin Purington for the 149 spot. I see Peyton Robb being the guy at 157.

1 hour ago, Coachp said:

I dont see any returning starters changing weights, or really being challenged for their spot. 149 is at the moment a hole to be filled. Caleb Licking, who wrestled unattached at 157 this year, I believe is going down, and should be challenged by Colin Purington for the 149 spot. I see Peyton Robb being the guy at 157.

Kevon Davenport, an incoming recruit is as physically able right now as just about any true frosh not named Kcharla for either 149 or 157.

He wrestled as high(for team purposes bumping up from 155lbs or so) as 170 but ultimately settled at 145lbs for the individual state title this season.

Unless it has been firmly decided regardless of if he comes in and wrecks shop in the room, don't count him out.

3 hours ago, Coachp said:

I would think Purinton has the upper hand here. 

4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Penn State

Teske

RBY

Nick Lee

Verk

Brady Berge

Cenzo

Mark Hall

Shakur Rasheed

Kyle Conel or Mike Beard

Cassar

Is Brooks really willing to sit out another year?

22 hours ago, Erminio8 said:

Is Brooks really willing to sit out another year?

It's a prediction of a lineup - meaning he believes that Rasheed will be the starter there....Brooks obviously has to win the spot - not really an issue of him being willing to sit but willing to win. 

I don't know. I think Penn State's 2 best right now at 174/184 are Brooks and Hall. I think Conel at 197 is their 2nd best option, too.

The thing is, is there a huge point differential? I don't know.

I don't see any best combination if Hall(174/184), Brooks(174/174), Rasheed(174-/184/197), Beard(184/197), or Conel(197) being more than 10 points more than any worst combination, barring any injuries.

Would Hall(174/184), Brooks(184/174), Beard Garner more points than Hall, Rasheed, Conel? I think so. But I also don't think the next team will be within 10 points. Therefore it won't matter.

17 hours ago, Idaho said:

It's a prediction of a lineup - meaning he believes that Rasheed will be the starter there....Brooks obviously has to win the spot - not really an issue of him being willing to sit but willing to win. 

I'm assuming he has Rasheed as the starter and Brooks red-shirting. I think Brooks would beat out Rasheed if he didn't red-shirt. So my question was asking him if he thought Brooks was willing to red-shirt after grey-shirting. I'm not sure Brooks would want to sit out 2 years in a row but that's just from an outsider's perspective.

10 hours ago, Erminio8 said:

I'm assuming he has Rasheed as the starter and Brooks red-shirting. I think Brooks would beat out Rasheed if he didn't red-shirt. So my question was asking him if he thought Brooks was willing to red-shirt after grey-shirting. I'm not sure Brooks would want to sit out 2 years in a row but that's just from an outsider's perspective.

Good point - nhs67 made a good point about the point differential not being that much - so maybe saving Brooks is a good idea for down the road.- however that doesn't make any difference to Brooks who probably just wants to be in the lineup. 

Rutgers:

125:  Aguilar (Aragona redshirts)

133:  Suriano 

141:  Lipari 

149:  Benner/VanBrill (younger)/Firestone 

157: Benner/VanBrill (younger)

165:  Glasgow (hopefully healthy)

174: Grello 

184:  Janzer (looking forward to it)

197: Correnti 

285: Colucci 

as an aside, it looks like Raimo to ASU a Done deal.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, yonz_g said:

Rumor is he's not heading to AZ after all.

Where is he going?  He is is from a neighboring town so I saw him wrestle all though out HS.

4 hours ago, NJFAN said:

Rutgers:

Good lord, that’s horrendous 

6 hours ago, NJFAN said:

Rutgers:

Aragona will never see 125 

Edited by Idaho

On 5/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, Erminio8 said:

How is everyone assuming brooks would beat out rasheed, brooks has great results in freestyle, but he hasnt accomplished anything so far that says hes going to beat out rasheed or even all american

18 hours ago, NJFAN said:

Rutgers:

Aragona is a 141.

14 hours ago, Hwkfan4life said:

How is everyone assuming brooks would beat out rasheed, brooks has great results in freestyle, but he hasnt accomplished anything so far that says hes going to beat out rasheed or even all american

I said I think he would. That's just my opinion. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion, considering Brooks ideal weight is probably 174 right now.

Query I hadn't put to thought until just this moment:

Penn State:

Any chance we see shuffling for team and/or Olympic purposes?

I know I know I know... Hall said never 74kg(163lbs) again. Is it possible we see Penn State make drops? 

At 157-165-174 does Berge-Cenzo-Hall do better for the team and/ or the 'higher caliber' grapplers in prep for the Olympic weights or does Hall dropping to 165 cause a shift that is better for the team?

Providing Brooks redshirts I do believe Manville gets them more points than Berge at this point, regardless of if at 165 or 174. So either way might we see Cenzo down at 157?

The more I think about options and the thought of prepping for Olympics while keeping their 3 big frosh on shirt the more I realize and understand they have a bunch if options still.

I believe those expecting a down year for Penn State is in for a ride awakening.  Cael and co are preparing Penn State for sustained dominance as well as the NLWC to make some serious noise for the Olympics. 

A storm be brewing.

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Query I hadn't put to thought until just this moment:

Penn State:

Any chance we see shuffling for team and/or Olympic purposes?

I know I know I know... Hall said never 74kg(163lbs) again. Is it possible we see Penn State make drops? 

At 157-165-174 does Berge-Cenzo-Hall do better for the team and/ or the 'higher caliber' grapplers in prep for the Olympic weights or does Hall dropping to 165 cause a shift that is better for the team?

Providing Brooks redshirts I do believe Manville gets them more points than Berge at this point, regardless of if at 165 or 174. So either way might we see Cenzo down at 157?

The more I think about options and the thought of prepping for Olympics while keeping their 3 big frosh on shirt the more I realize and understand they have a bunch if options still.

I believe those expecting a down year for Penn State is in for a ride awakening.  Cael and co are preparing Penn State for sustained dominance as well as the NLWC to make some serious noise for the Olympics. 

A storm be brewing.

John Smith could provide some great advice on managing theses situations.