Idaho

Your Team’s 19/20 Probable Lineup

2 hours ago, Michigan wrestling said:

I don't think this would make the team better. First, Cam Amine wrestled 152 this year, I think next year he could go 149, maybe 157, way to small for 165. Massa doesn't look big at 165 and didn't place at 165 the last two years, him at 174 he won't AA. Myles is probably good enough to do well at 184. 

The Amines have all three grown relatively different. If I had to

Malik Amine:

2011) 42-11, 5th @ 112

-Lost to Justin Oliver of NC State/CMU 19-0 in the semis. Beat Austin Eicher of Michigan State/Northern Illinois 5-3 in the quarterfinals. Oliver finished 1st and Eicher 4th.

2012) 43-7, 2nd @ 135

-Lost to Pantaleo 9-6 in the finals

2013) 40-6, 1st @ 140

2014) 34-3,1st @ 145

-Defeated Pantaleo via pinball in the finals

College) 149-141-149-149-149

-Could have been a lifer 141lber had the team not needed him at 149 after Pantaleo decided to move up and other recruits ended up not panning (Zac Hall comes to mind). Is going 65kg(143lbs) for freestyle.

Myles Amine:

2012) 34-14, 1-2 at state championships(DNP)

2013) 37-7, 3rd @ 130

-Lost to Austin Eicher of Michigan State/Northern Illinois 4-2 in the semis

2014) 42-6, 1st @ 140

-Defeated Justin Oliver of NC State/CMU 6-5 in the finals. Logan Parks of CMU finished 3rd and lost to Oliver in the semis

2015) 47-0, 1st @ 160

-Weighed in at 152 at Team State Finals

College) 165-174-174-174

-Not particularly large framed and appears to be giving 86kg a go in freestyle.

Cam Amine:

2016) 39-9, 1st @ 125

2017) 45-3, 1st @ 145

-Reece Hugh's of Michigan finished 4th in this weight

2018) 43-3, 2nd @ 152

-Lost to Alec Facundo in the finals 4-2

2019) 40-0, 1st @ 152

-Avenged loss to Facundo during the season. Wrestled majority of the year at 160/171.

College) I anticipate his redshirt season to be 157 or 165. Myles may have gone 160 for individual state finals but he wrestled 152 several times throughout the year his senior year in high school.  Almost the opposite of Cam, in which cam went 160/171 most if the year and dropped for states.  If he needs to step in right away I believe he will be able to and will push Lewan from the start.

I agree on Massa, however I will always believe he is elite. A change of scenery may behoove him. He just has to beat his own head and he'll win every time.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:41 PM, ConnorsDad said:

I wonder if that means he'll go into the transfer portal soon

Good question - one positive aspect of the portal is that guys who get stuck behind a stud can get a chance to start somewhere else. He seems to have struggled this past season.  

NC State has some interesting lineup decisions.  Here's how I think it will play out

125- Camacho

133- Trombley or Alvarez

141- T. Wilson

149- Grippi or Fields or Rider

157- H. Hidlay

165- Bulllard

174- Bullard

184- T. Hidlay

197- Reenan

Hwt- D. Wilson or Trephan

Edited by LemonPie

8 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

NC State has some interesting lineup decisions.  Here's how I think it will play out

125- Camacho

133- Trombley or Alvarez

141- T. Wilson

149- Grippi

157- H. Hidlay

165- Bulllard

174- Bullard

184- T. Hidlay

197- Reenan

That is a sneaky good lineup.  I don't see them taking out the top 3, but a team trophy is possible.

13 hours ago, Idaho said:

Good question - one positive aspect of the portal is that guys who get stuck behind a stud can get a chance to start somewhere else. He seems to have struggled this past season.  

Absolutely along with graduate transfers coach can fill a spot a lot quicker than possibly having to wait a couple years on the recruit. 

2 hours ago, LemonPie said:

125- Camacho

133- Trombley or Alvarez

141- T. Wilson

149- Grippi

157- H. Hidlay

165- Bullard

174- Bullard

184- T. Hidlay

197- Reenan

What about Josiah Rider at 149? He was a big recruit, if I recall correctly.

32 minutes ago, Erminio8 said:

What about Josiah Rider at 149? He was a big recruit, if I recall correctly.

Should have included him in the mix.  Not a great redshirt year, however. Edited OP

Edited by LemonPie

On 5/2/2019 at 12:03 PM, LemonPie said:

125- Camacho

133- Trombley or Alvarez

141- T. Wilson

149- Grippi or Fields or Rider

157- H. Hidlay

165- Bulllard

174- Bullard

184- T. Hidlay

197- Reenan

Is it decided on Reenan up? He wanting last year and he has been as low as 174 in college.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Is it decided on Reenan up? He wanting last year and he has been as low as 174 in college.

I just think it makes sense.  Did just fine up at 189 in freestyle and 197 is gonna be weak.  If healthy, he’ll be the best athlete at that weight.  Hopefully rehabbing his injury doesn’t prevent him from getting big.  Tony Wuest isn’t a bad option if Trent and Nick stay down

4 hours ago, LemonPie said:

I just think it makes sense.  Did just fine up at 189 in freestyle and 197 is gonna be weak.  If healthy, he’ll be the best athlete at that weight.  Hopefully rehabbing his injury doesn’t prevent him from getting big.  Tony Wuest isn’t a bad option if Trent and Nick stay down

What was Renan ‘s injury, knee? He was basically one legged but still wrecking guys with the head and arm

Revised Lehigh Potential Lineup

Upper weights are Hammers.  Lots of unanswered questions down in lower weights, but could be very, very good by mid-year.  We shall see.

125: Jaret Lane (So): Is his knee fully healed? Can he make/hold 125 at his height? Pinner.

Luke Resnick (So): Started season as 4th string, injuries (Schram, Parker, Lane) forced him into action.  A real Gamer who took one for the team      last year.  Will be better.         

133: Branden Paetzell (Jr):  Another real Gamer.  Will be very tough. R12

Nick Farro (Jr):  A Fireplug, will be tough. Potential R12.

Malyke Hines (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

Connor McGonagle (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

141: Ryan Pomrinca (Sr): Good defensively, but needs to open up his offense.

Dan Moran (RS So): Aggressive, needs a few Top wins.  Could be very good.

Joe Lobeck (RS Jr):  Just needs more mat time.

149: Luke Karam (Jr): Great on the mat, neutral offense improving. R12 to Low AA.

Jimmy Hoffman (RS So):  Real Scrapper, just needs mat time.

157: Josh Humphreys (So):  R12 as True Fr, potential Mid AA.  Incredibly strong and aggressive.

Kent Lane (Sr): Solid

Brian Meyer (RS Fr): Very good but needs mat time.

165: Cole Walter (Sr): Very strong.  Can he stay healthy? R12 potential.

Chase Gallick (Sr): Extremely exciting.  Can he make/hold the weight? Pinner.

Trey Cornish (Sr): Exciting, just needs mat time.

Edmund Ruth (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

174: Jordan Kutler (Sr): 2X AA, rock solid, Mid to High AA.

184: Chris Weiler (Jr): Finally, at natural weight.  Low to Mid AA.

Jake Logan (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

197: Jake Jakobsen (Sr): R12 in 2019. Killer on top, neutral offense improving.  R12 to Low AA.

285: Jordan Wood (Jr): 4th in 2019, Top 3 AA, maybe Finalist.

Lehigh 2019-20.docx

Edited by Cary by the Lake
left out info.

16 hours ago, Cary by the Lake said:

Revised Lehigh Potential Lineup

Upper weights are Hammers.  Lots of unanswered questions down in lower weights, but could be very, very good by mid-year.  We shall see.

125: Jaret Lane (So): Is his knee fully healed? Can he make/hold 125 at his height? Pinner.

Luke Resnick (So): A real Gamer who took one for the team last year.  Will be better.         

133: Branden Paetzell (Jr):  Another real Gamer.  Will be very tough. R12

Nick Farro (Jr):  A Fireplug, will be tough. Potential R12.

141: Ryan Pomrinca (Sr): Good defensively, but needs to open up his offense.

Dan Moran (RS So): Aggressive, needs a few Top wins.  Could be very good.

Joe Lobeck (RS Jr):  Just needs more mat time.

149: Luke Karam (Jr): Great on the mat, neutral offense improving. R12 to Low AA.

Jimmy Hoffman (RS So):  Real Scrapper, just needs mat time.

157: Josh Humphreys (So):  R12 as True Fr, potential Mid AA.  Incredibly strong and aggressive.

Kent Lane (Sr): Solid

Brian Meyer (RS Fr): Very good but needs mat time.

165: Cole Walter (Sr): Very strong.  Can he stay healthy? R12 potential.

Chase Gallick (Sr): Extremely exciting.  Can he make/hold the weight? Pinner.

Trey Cornish (Sr): Exciting, just needs mat time.

Edmund Ruth (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

174: Jordan Kutler (Sr): 2X AA, rock solid, Mid to High AA.

184: Chris Weiler (Jr): Finally, at natural weight.  Low to Mid AA.

Jake Logan (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

197: Jake Jakobsen (Sr): R12 in 2019. Killer on top, neutral offense improving.  R12 to Low AA.

285: Jordan Wood (Jr): 4th in 2019, Top 3 AA, maybe Finalist.

Lehigh 2019-20.docx

Nice breakdown! 

8 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Some of y'all have huge expectations for unproven wrestlers at very deep weights. I love it. :) I'm already ready for next season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Some have said that the season is too long- I would agree. The bonus to a long season is the less time it takes to start the next one. 

22 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Some of y'all have huge expectations for unproven wrestlers at very deep weights. I love it. :) I'm already ready for next season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's pretty easy to develop crazy expectations for these kids though, isn't it? I remember a few years ago raving about how great Logan Stieber's college career was gonna be after he beat Hazewinkel in the US Open (Stieber was still in HS).  Man, I sure ended up looking stupid on that one!!

On 4/13/2019 at 11:36 PM, Housebuye said:

Zahid’s and Hall’s last year. They have to go for it. I expect that leads to true freshman starting if they are better. I’m sure Zeke will give them a few months but by mid January/early February they will have their best team in the mat, redshirt available or not 

Only 3 returning AAs, but all 3 are very likely to AA, one is a champ, Anthony and Teemer seem very likely to AA and every other weight has a qualifier level guy st a minimum with a lot of upside. A guy like Chlebove making a run is very possible. That guy is very skilled. 

I think ASU ends up with 5+ AAs 

I'm a NY guy but from what I have seen of Busiello the last year or so I think he peaked just like I thought of teasdale.

14 hours ago, Perry said:

Any chance nc state starts new recruit kai orine right away at 125?

NC State has no shortage of talent at 125 - being from CT I hope Camacho gets the spot and does really great next year - Besides Orine they have S Alvarez from New Jersey (the guy who beat R Howard At NJ States) coming in and Ryan Jack (Kevin's brother and Camacho's ex teammate) is coming in the following year.  Hopefully some of those guys can grow into 133 to 141 pound guys.

Edited by lu1979

Well, I haven't posted in probably 5 years. I will make an attempt at Nebraska's line up, and hope others can provide input as well.

125 Alex Thomsen

133 Jevon Parrish

141 Chad Red

149 Caleb Licking

157 Peyton Robb

165 Isaiah White

174 Mikey Labriola

184 Taylor Venz

197 Eric Schuttz

HWT David Jensen

Edited by Coachp

22 hours ago, Coachp said:

Well, I haven't posted in probably 5 years. I will make an attempt at Nebraska's line up, and hope others can provide input as well.

125 Alex Thomsen

133 Jevon Parrish

141 Chad Red

149 Caleb Licking

157 Peyton Robb

165 Isaiah White

174 Mikey Labriola

184 Taylor Venz

197 Eric Schuttz

HWT David Jensen

This is such a classic Nebraska lineup. Bunch of solid guys, no terrible weights, but at NCAAs they could place anywhere from 4th-15th. 

On 5/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, Sublime607 said:

I'm a NY guy but from what I have seen of Busiello the last year or so I think he peaked just like I thought of teasdale.

Busiello is probably the most overrated high school wrestler of the last decade.