Idaho

Your Team’s 19/20 Probable Lineup

On 5/3/2019 at 2:59 PM, Cary by the Lake said:

Revised Lehigh Potential Lineup

Upper weights are Hammers.  Lots of unanswered questions down in lower weights, but could be very, very good by mid-year.  We shall see.

125: Jaret Lane (So): Is his knee fully healed? Can he make/hold 125 at his height? Pinner.

Luke Resnick (So): Started season as 4th string, injuries (Schram, Parker, Lane) forced him into action.  A real Gamer who took one for the team      last year.  Will be better.         

133: Branden Paetzell (Jr):  Another real Gamer.  Will be very tough. R12

Nick Farro (Jr):  A Fireplug, will be tough. Potential R12.

Malyke Hines (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

Connor McGonagle (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

141: Ryan Pomrinca (Sr): Good defensively, but needs to open up his offense.

Dan Moran (RS So): Aggressive, needs a few Top wins.  Could be very good.

Joe Lobeck (RS Jr):  Just needs more mat time.

Malyke Hines (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

Connor McGonagle (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt     

149: Luke Karam (Jr): Great on the mat, neutral offense improving. R12 to Low AA.

Jimmy Hoffman (RS So):  Real Scrapper, just needs mat time.

157: Josh Humphreys (So):  R12 as True Fr, potential Mid AA.  Incredibly strong and aggressive.

Kent Lane (Sr): Solid

Brian Meyer (RS Fr): Very good but needs mat time.

165: Cole Walter (Sr): Very strong.  Can he stay healthy? R12 potential.

Chase Gallick (Sr): Extremely exciting.  Can he make/hold the weight? Pinner.

Trey Cornish (Sr): Exciting, just needs mat time.

Edmund Ruth (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

174: Jordan Kutler (Sr): 2X AA, rock solid, Mid to High AA.

184: Chris Weiler (Jr): Finally, at natural weight.  Low to Mid AA.

Jake Logan (True Fr): Possible/Probable Redshirt

197: Jake Jakobsen (Sr): R12 in 2019. Killer on top, neutral offense improving.  R12 to Low AA.

285: Jordan Wood (Jr): 4th in 2019, Top 3 AA, maybe Finalist.

Lehigh 2019-20.docx

Add Paetzel to the mix at 125.

Farro likely to be the 133.

23 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Ooooh.

UofM Massa may go 174.  Also don't count out van Anrooy with Hughes/Maylor wherever Massa doesn't go.  Embree and Davison could challenge Striggow at 197 as well as Embree, with a proper decent plan could hit 174(if it were in him).  I didn't realize Mattin had outgrown 125.  Assad, if healthy is the clear option.  Nothing against Medley.  Where is Silva?  He could go 133.

MSU looks tougher than last year, which was the toughest they'd been in a while.  I hope their Sophs continue to improve leaps and bounds.  I am hoping someone challenges Tucker and the transfers at 133/141 properly.

I really think Massa would be to small for 174. I would doubt that Embree could beat Striggow.  Embree had a very inconsistent year and not sure he'd be any better at 197. 

As for MSU, Tucker was also very inconsistent, Hiles or Nathan Atienza could challenge. It would be nice to see one of them earn that spot.

They are doing a much better job adding depth and I heard they have added a couple more, but not yet announced. 

Any updates to teams?

Oregon State

125 - Kaylor

133 - Turner

141 - G. Willits

149 - L. Stigall

157 - H. Willits 

165 - Olmos

174 - A. Romero/C. Doyle

184 - A. Romero/C. Doyle

197- Dixon/Grant

HWT - Grant/Barnes

On 4/13/2019 at 1:12 PM, TripNSweep said:

Here's my guesses at ASU.

125: Brandon Courtney, low AA/R12

133: Julian Chlebove, if he RS then Josh Kramer, Chlebove could be a mid to low AA

141: Busiello, if he RS then Demison or Crooks, Busiello could be a low AA/R12

149: Maruca, R12

157: Teemer, Mid AA

165: Shields, mid AA

174: A. Valencia, mid AA

184: Z. Valencia, 3rd NCAA title

197: Norfleet, Low AA/R12

285: Hall, anywhere from 2nd to 8th

Depending on draws, injuries and how guys adjust going up or down, ASU could really make some noise.  I think Anthony Valencia is going to surprise some people.  

Agree with almost all that. Except

Chlebove is a contender at 125

133 could be Raimo or Courtney or the returning starter Kline

141 is a huge hole so I can’t imagine  Busiello not starting at some point in the season 

Or does Zahid RS as do all the freshmen and they contend even stronger in 2021. 

Virginia Tech Updates

125-Latona/Prata: I give the slight edge to Latona right now. I have heard rumors that Korbin Myers is going to try and drop down to 125

133-Myers/Gerardi: Myers has the experience and is a 3x NCAA qualifier with a win over Phillippi. Gerardi is thought of very highly by the coaching staff and had a very solid redshirt year. Does Myers drop to 125 to allow Latona a redshirt year?

141-Mitch Moore: Solid freshmen year. NCAA qualifier. 

149-Brent Moore: Heard he has had some setbacks injury wise. Hope he is ok and good to go this year. This allows Bryce Andonian to redshirt.

157-BC Laprade: NCAA qualifier last year. Allows Dan Mancini to redshirt.

165-David McFadden: DMF drops back to his more natural 165 this year with Mekhi taking the Olympic redshirt. 3x All American trying to become the first 4x in Tech history. Allows Connor Brady to redshirt.

174-Cody Hughes: Will slide in at 174 with DMF going down.

184-Hunter Bolen: Coming off a tremendous redshirt campaign. Look for him to make a lot of noise this year.

197-Howard/Smeltzer: Like 125 and 133 I think this spot is up for grabs. Coaches rave about Howard and his style on his feet, but Smeltzer is very physical and crazy strong. 

285-John Borst: I think last year was big to allow him to get acclimated to 285. Frayer said he looks good this summer. 

Big changes obviously at 165/174. Losing Mekhi hurts but will help him and the team in the future. DMF is a legit top 4 candidate still at 165. Very interested to see what they do at 125/133. 

7 minutes ago, VAtoSC said:

Virginia Tech Updates

125-Latona/Prata: I give the slight edge to Latona right now. I have heard rumors that Korbin Myers is going to try and drop down to 125

133-Myers/Gerardi: Myers has the experience and is a 3x NCAA qualifier with a win over Phillippi. Gerardi is thought of very highly by the coaching staff and had a very solid redshirt year. Does Myers drop to 125 to allow Latona a redshirt year?

141-Mitch Moore: Solid freshmen year. NCAA qualifier. 

149-Brent Moore: Heard he has had some setbacks injury wise. Hope he is ok and good to go this year. This allows Bryce Andonian to redshirt.

157-BC Laprade: NCAA qualifier last year. Allows Dan Mancini to redshirt.

165-David McFadden: DMF drops back to his more natural 165 this year with Mekhi taking the Olympic redshirt. 3x All American trying to become the first 4x in Tech history. Allows Connor Brady to redshirt.

174-Cody Hughes: Will slide in at 174 with DMF going down.

184-Hunter Bolen: Coming off a tremendous redshirt campaign. Look for him to make a lot of noise this year.

197-Howard/Smeltzer: Like 125 and 133 I think this spot is up for grabs. Coaches rave about Howard and his style on his feet, but Smeltzer is very physical and crazy strong. 

285-John Borst: I think last year was big to allow him to get acclimated to 285. Frayer said he looks good this summer. 

Big changes obviously at 165/174. Losing Mekhi hurts but will help him and the team in the future. DMF is a legit top 4 candidate still at 165. Very interested to see what they do at 125/133. 

Myers is going down should be interesting if he can handle the weight he will be tough

On 5/8/2019 at 7:54 PM, nhs67 said:

Kevon Davenport, an incoming recruit is as physically able right now as just about any true frosh not named Kcharla for either 149 or 157.

He wrestled as high(for team purposes bumping up from 155lbs or so) as 170 but ultimately settled at 145lbs for the individual state title this season.

Unless it has been firmly decided regardless of if he comes in and wrecks shop in the room, don't count him out.

Well, he’s not wrecking the room. He’s finding out like most incoming freshman that you can leave all your high school accomplishments at the front door. Still needs  time to develop.

Edited by Grim Reaper

4 minutes ago, Grim Reaper said:

Well, he’s not wrecking the room. He’s finding out like most incoming freshman that you can leave all your high school accomplishments at the front door. Still needs  time to develop.

I never said he was going to. I said he was physically ready. Obviously a true frosh in a mid-weight will need adjusting.

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I never said he was going to. I said he was physically ready. Obviously a true frosh in a mid-weight will need adjusting.

The more interesting question is what’s going to happen when Brock Hardy comes in next year too. Can Robb or Davenport get big enough for 165

2 hours ago, Grim Reaper said:

The more interesting question is what’s going to happen when Brock Hardy comes in next year too. Can Robb or Davenport get big enough for 165

I can see Davenport swelling up to 165.

Robb seems settled at 157. He could be a dark horse at 157 or even 149. 149 would have to wait for next year, though.

The plan seems rather set out. Davenport to 165 with Robb at 157?

Advanced issues found

On 4/13/2019 at 10:17 AM, Perry said:

Missouri:

125 - Cevion Severado is going to surprise some people

133 - Malik Johnson is also going to surprise some people

141 - Grant Leeth with Eirmann OLYRS, could be very tough here if he can hold the weight

149 - Brock Mauller will be an outside title contender, high aa

157 - Jarrett Jacques

165 - Peyton Mocco (no relation)

174 - Connor Flynn/Jeremiah Kent I would favor Flynn but Kent is solid

184 - Dylan Wisman

197 - Wyatt Koelling

285 - Zach Elam or Mac Truck's son if he decides to make his glorious return and Elam redshirts

Pretty solid lineup once again for the Tigers. Only a couple of upper classman in there as well so they are pretty young. Also just got a committment from Elam's younger brother Rocky who could be tough sooner than later as well

Word is that Connor Brown is at MU this season.  I would bet one of the 2 lower weights will be his this season.

Utah Valley is fire

125- Ty Smith

133- Taylor Lamont

141- Josh Tolentino

149- Matt Findlay

157- Grant Lamont

165- Demetrius Romero

174- Kimball Bastian

184- Tanner Orndorff (down from 197)

197- Jayden Woodruff

285- Tate Orndorff

Edited by go_rines12

Query I hadn't put to thought until just this moment:
Penn State:
Any chance we see shuffling for team and/or Olympic purposes?
I know I know I know... Hall said never 74kg(163lbs) again. Is it possible we see Penn State make drops? 
At 157-165-174 does Berge-Cenzo-Hall do better for the team and/ or the 'higher caliber' grapplers in prep for the Olympic weights or does Hall dropping to 165 cause a shift that is better for the team?
Providing Brooks redshirts I do believe Manville gets them more points than Berge at this point, regardless of if at 165 or 174. So either way might we see Cenzo down at 157?
The more I think about options and the thought of prepping for Olympics while keeping their 3 big frosh on shirt the more I realize and understand they have a bunch if options still.
I believe those expecting a down year for Penn State is in for a ride awakening.  Cael and co are preparing Penn State for sustained dominance as well as the NLWC to make some serious noise for the Olympics. 
A storm be brewing.
The noise the NLWC will be making is that same whiny noise we heard after Cox deflated Nickal.

If Taylor isn't 100 %, they will all be watching the Tokyo Games together inside the wrestling room singing Kumbya, my Lord.

When will they back up the hype in real wrestling? Zain, Nolf, Joseph, Lee, Cassar are incredibly talented age group wrestlers who fizzle out when wrestling men.

When do the OTT tickets go on sale. I can't wait to see the NLWC do what they do best, whine and complain about UWW.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

The noise the NLWC will be making is that same whiny noise we heard after Cox deflated Nickal.

If Taylor isn't 100 %, they will all be watching the Tokyo Games together inside the wrestling room singing Kumbya, my Lord.

When will they back up the hype in real wrestling? Zain, Nolf, Joseph, Lee, Cassar are incredibly talented age group wrestlers who fizzle out when wrestling men.

When do the OTT tickets go on sale. I can't wait to see the NLWC do what they do best, whine and complain about UWW.

NLWC has quite possibly at least oneTop 3-5 wrestlers at every weight for OTT. They could conceivably put someone in the Best of 3 at each weight.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, justafan said:

Myers is going down should be interesting if he can handle the weight he will be tough

Correct. Myers is cutting to 125. Speculation is Colin maybe an influencing factor and is rumored to super competitive with Corbin. Maybe similar to 165 last year

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Lol. This is pathetically weak. Even for you, cjc.