Sign in to follow this  
rocklobsta

Nahshon

According to his Instagram, he was just cleared to return to the mat in the past few days.  Given that, my uninformed guess would be the first time you see him will be WTT (which is he already qualified for).

Edited by rpm002

Well if Garrett has just been cleared to return to the mat, he has roughly one month to get ready for the WTT which will be held on May 16th. So after looking at his Instagram, I saw in one of his posts that he talks about how he has kept his Mental, Physical strength up and his diet under control, which is good for him because it makes me think that he can hit the ground running. But at the WTT he will be competing against a lot of guys who haven't had the same kind of interruption that he has had to endure. So who knows how this will play out, and I wouldn't be completely surprised that one month is just not enough time for Garrett to get ready for the WTT. So I guess it is possible that we don't see the best version of Garrett. But on the other hand, maybe he just has to be better than the rest to get himself to Final X, so he can get another month of training under his belt. 

I wonder if he can get a special wrestle off pushed to a later date?  Hasn't USA done that before?  With him being the original World Team starter, that could be a possible scenario for Nashon to get into the final X

37 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Yes, they’ve done it before, and the most recent one actually involved Garrett. Matt McDonough went through a special wrestle-off with Garrett to make the university world team (before this became the U23 Divison) and then won a bronze medal. 

I don't think that is applicable to this case.  It would be if Garrett had won a medal and then gotten hurt afterwards.  As it stands, Garrett made the team, so he has an invite to WTT, but Colon, as the world medalist, is the only one who would be entitled to a wrestle off. 

On 4/15/2019 at 10:41 PM, rpm002 said:

I don't think that is applicable to this case.  It would be if Garrett had won a medal and then gotten hurt afterwards.  As it stands, Garrett made the team, so he has an invite to WTT, but Colon, as the world medalist, is the only one who would be entitled to a wrestle off. 

Makes since.  Thank for clarifying.