BigTenFanboy

Suriano vs Colon at BTS

Man you nailed this one. You were so right...cut and dry. 
Yeah I said in the other thread, I'll eat my words on this one.
Tip of the cap to Suriano.
Good catch though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2019 at 11:06 AM, spladle08 said:

Ok sorry our #2
And I'm not saying he didnt prove you wrong. I'm saying of course he could win those matches in folk, he's difficult to score on and Desanto is just "ok"... I picked that name specifically because it's odd you ever thought he "couldn't" beat him...

Onto Colon. I guess he (Suriano) will prove you wrong again because Freestyle is just a different sport. Look at 90% of the other people making the transition without prior Freestyle accolades. You go from Mean Dean Hiel 2x undefeated NCAA champion looking unbeatable on the college mats to getting teched by kids from podunk college because he isnt proficient at Freestyle. Nick's stall and brawl style is more conducive to freestyle than a Dean Heil but with shot clocks and push outs and Colons mat wrestling, itll be shocking if its not a blow out and I dont understand why you cant concede that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Maybe now you can understand why he didn’t concede that?!

Guys let's not bash our world bronze medalist.

I think this was and is a case of a style matchup favoring Suriano.

This excites me. It adds another element to our depth there, if Nicky Pushups decides to give freestyle a run through this cycle.

I don't know where he'd go for the Oly Trials, although I assume he'll focus endgame and stick to Worlds at 61kg for next season. Or maybe he enters next season w/ a chip and goes after Lee down at 125. I just don't know.

Folks really need to praise NP rather than put our bronze medalist down a few weeks after he WRECKED the defending world champ. This is great for USA Wrestling as a whole and even better if NP does a little more wrestling on our domestic(and international) circuits for freestyle here on out.

This also shines rather well for our college season. Even if Colon wins Final X and NP doesn't enter. If Daton wins 57kg and wins, our 133lb finalists were all legit on our freestyle circuit.

38 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Guys let's not bash our world bronze medalist.

Who are you referring to here?  Some (including me) pointed out Colon's style makes some matchups really good or really bad for him, but I don't see anyone bashing him.  He is a great story and, by all account I have heard, a great guy.  

Supposedly Suriano is not going to WTT.  Which seems very strange to me, but obviously he can do whatever he wants. Despite the loss I thought Colon looked like the better wrestler for most of the match, and I would expect him to be able to make the necessary adjustments.  Also, Suriano's CONSTANT head-posting and hands to the face will come back to bite him at some point.

Would love to see Suriano v. Nico.  I heard things got testy between them when they would wrestle in the Penn State room.