Jump to content
Plasmodium

you be the ref...

Recommended Posts

On 4/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, TripNSweep said:

I went back and watched it very slowly.  Here's what I saw.

at 2:07 the referee is in full view of the alleged oil check. He is in perfect position to see it if it happened or not. At 2:08 the referee is still in the same position and the wrestler in red has stepped up to circle on his left leg. Still no indication anything is wrong. At 2:09 the wrestler in red has his butt up to circle or defend. At this angle it looks like it would be pretty much impossible to check the oil because of the way the Exeter wrestler's hand is angled/positioned. The referee is also no longer looking at it, but has changed his view by moving his head. It's subtle but there. 2:10, the referee is now fully in front of both wrestlers. The wrestler in red his butt has come down but is still defending. No indication from him anything improper has occurred. The referee is no longer in position to see what the Exeter wrestler's hand is doing. The hand position doesn't appear to have changed. 2:11, the wrestlers have changed position that the hand slips out a little more but the referee is now in full view as the hand is more on the right butt cheek than before.  Now he makes the misconduct call, despite being in full view of the hold the Exeter wrestler had for close to 3 seconds.  

 

My opinion is, he saw a reason to disqualify that kid and did it. There is no way he could have missed that call being in position for 3 seconds, without the wrestler in red indicating something was wrong, and then waiting almost another full 2 seconds to make that call, being out of position for the intervening seconds and not being able to clearly see anything.  Also the wrestler in red's shorts don't bunch up the way shorts like that would if they were being depressed inward like the ref claims the Exeter wrestler did. 

Agree! The ref was looking for a way out for his boy. Emotionally involved. The other kid never showed any sign of being violated. Exeter misplaced his hand innocently. I've seen worse with crotch lifts and not a word from any ref concerning the poor guys testicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potentially dangerous would have been better and made more sense. Unfortunately moves involving private parts of the anatomy seem to conjure up "dirty" thoughts/hangups. The fact that we can only refer to this situation as an oil check rather than potentially dangerous tells me a shameful hangup was part of the refs decision. As I said, a crotch lift is the equal and no one says anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cooch1 said:

Potentially dangerous would have been better and made more sense. Unfortunately moves involving private parts of the anatomy seem to conjure up "dirty" thoughts/hangups. The fact that we can only refer to this situation as an oil check rather than potentially dangerous tells me a shameful hangup was part of the refs decision. As I said, a crotch lift is the equal and no one says anything.

Clasped hands between the legs is nothing like penetration.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Crotch lift sounds bad, but I’d say it’s rare the crotch actually gets grabbed.

That would be correct for freestyle.. However a friend of mine taught me how to "stack up" an opponent while riding. Grab the inside wrist, pull it in tight to the opponent's gut; then with the other arm go through the crotch, lift up and stack to the shoulders. The pressure on the balls is convincing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 2:57 AM, Cooch1 said:

That would be correct for freestyle.. However a friend of mine taught me how to "stack up" an opponent while riding. Grab the inside wrist, pull it in tight to the opponent's gut; then with the other arm go through the crotch, lift up and stack to the shoulders. The pressure on the balls is convincing.

In our area, that is affectionately  known as the "Ball and Chain"

And I agree with where the "pressure" is applied.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

"Applying pressure" with an arm is a lot different than sticking fingers in someone's behind IMO.

Correct. The former is painful and the latter is a quite a surprise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Cooch1 said:

Correct. The former is painful and the latter is a quite a surprise!

Out of curiosity, would you coach someone to directly apply pressure to someones testicles?  What reaction  would you expect to get out of a parent if they saw someone coaching their son or daughter to do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Out of curiosity, would you coach someone to directly apply pressure to someones testicles?  What reaction  would you expect to get out of a parent if they saw someone coaching their son or daughter to do that?

Only in the process of the legal application of a hold where as a side effect the testicles may be momentarily involved, as with a switch, single leg lift, cross body ride, crotch lift. I wouldn't say ' make sure you bust his nuts when you do this move.' Otherwise I'd expect to be reported to the administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cooch1 said:

Only in the process of the legal application of a hold where as a side effect the testicles may be momentarily involved, as with a switch, single leg lift, cross body ride, crotch lift. I wouldn't say ' make sure you bust his nuts when you do this move.' Otherwise I'd expect to be reported to the administration.

Maybe you should be reported anyway? The last thing I think about when putting a leg in, grabbing a single, or hitting a switch is touching another person's gonads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Maybe you should be reported anyway? The last thing I think about when putting a leg in, grabbing a single, or hitting a switch is touching another person's gonads.

I don't think about it either. It's just one of those things.  It's called coincidence, like a head butt or finger in the eye. Actually, aside from the embarrasment/ humiliation, the oil change is the least dangerous situation. But if it's the first thing you think about.... you have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Cooch1 said:

I don't think about it either. It's just one of those things.  It's called coincidence, like a head butt or finger in the eye. Actually, aside from the embarrasment/ humiliation, the oil change is the least dangerous situation. But if it's the first thing you think about.... you have issues.

Oil change?!   I don't even want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 9:27 AM, Plasmodium said:

 

Oil change?!   I don't even want to know.

Agreed.  An oil check is bad enough, but a complete oil change takes things to a whole other level.  If we're going there, we need a rule change to require synthetic oil (gotta minimize the number of changes needed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Agreed.  An oil check is bad enough, but a complete oil change takes things to a whole other level.  If we're going there, we need a rule change to require synthetic oil (gotta minimize the number of changes needed).

 A few years ago I went to the doctor for a checkup. He told me that since I was over 40 (I was nearly 50, in fact) he was going to do check my prostate. Needless to say I objected by saying "That's ridiculous. How can you tell anything with those little fingers? How far up can you check with them". He snapped the gloves on and replied "They may not be long, but they are going all the way in".

 

Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...