Jump to content
TBar1977

Logan Stieber retiring

Recommended Posts

Per flo: "Upon graduation, Stieber promptly made the 2016 world team at 61 kg and won gold in a stacked world championship bracket."

Not attempting to diminish any of Stieber's accomplishments, but wasn't 2016 an Olympic year and most of the studs we're either cutting or bulking to compete in an Olympic weight class? Was it still stacked? I took a look at the bracket and I don't really recognize any of the names outside of Chakaev.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In his early post college interviews he didn't seem like he wanted to go through the 2020 cycle.  If he had Burroughs like success I think we may have seen him go 2 more years but hes been wrestling for so long and with starting a family I can 100 percent understand his decision to call it quits. I predict he ends up as a coach somewhere sooner than later. Maybe Maryland will hire him on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fan of wrestling and an Ohioan, the opportunity to watch Logan Stieber compete has been arguably the greatest sports thrill of my life. I will never forget the high/low/and high I felt sitting in my basement in my old house watching him eke out that first NCAA Championship. His 11 for 11 titles run throughout middle school, high school and state is as extraordinary as the fact he capped off his career with a world championship. 

I'm glad he's moving forward. It's time. Congrats to Logan on an epic career and a huge thank you to him for all the thrills. Greatness is rare. We all got to witness it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

As a fan of wrestling and an Ohioan, the opportunity to watch Logan Stieber compete has been arguably the greatest sports thrill of my life. I will never forget the high/low/and high I felt sitting in my basement in my old house watching him eke out that first NCAA Championship. His 11 for 11 titles run throughout middle school, high school and state is as extraordinary as the fact he capped off his career with a world championship. 

I'm glad he's moving forward. It's time. Congrats to Logan on an epic career and a huge thank you to him for all the thrills. Greatness is rare. We all got to witness it.

His tilts were legendary. You knew they were coming but few could stop them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to see him leave competition. 

Steiber has always been a guy with great character.  Humble, hard working, and supportive of his teammates. 

He recently adopted a vegan diet, which is likely good for his long-term health and great for non-human animals,  who are treated horribly in factory farms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

 His 11 for 11 titles run throughout middle school, high school and state is as extraordinary as the fact he capped off his career with a world championship. 
 

Man, that's amazing when you really think about it - 11 for 11.  One of the best wrestlers I've ever seen, hell of a career Logie Bear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ohcomeon said:

Per flo: "Upon graduation, Stieber promptly made the 2016 world team at 61 kg and won gold in a stacked world championship bracket."

Not attempting to diminish any of Stieber's accomplishments, but wasn't 2016 an Olympic year and most of the studs we're either cutting or bulking to compete in an Olympic weight class? Was it still stacked? I took a look at the bracket and I don't really recognize any of the names outside of Chakaev.

 

not only was it an olympic year, but, the non olympic weights were contested after the olympics and no one who qualified for Rio were allowed...

again, not to diminish anything, but, the headline is a bit far reaching but totally understandable within the context...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Sorry to see him leave competition. 

Steiber has always been a guy with great character.  Humble, hard working, and supportive of his teammates. 

He recently adopted a vegan diet, which is likely good for his long-term health and great for non-human animals,  who are treated horribly in factory farms.

Please keep your elitist political crap off the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DEFan79 said:

Please keep your elitist political crap off the forum.

You sound like you are the opposite of elite.  The antonym of elite is a member of the mob or herd.

Do some research on factory farms.  Visit one in fact.  Or maybe "evolve" to discover some empathy for living beings.

Who mentioned politics besides you?  I mentioned human health and the FACT (yes, fact) that animals are exploited and treated cruelly on factory farms).  Apparently, you know nothing about that or don't care about the lives of animal others.   

Steiber is a vegan. Perhaps you need to consult a psychiatrist if that  makes anxious or defensive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

You sound like you are the opposite of elite.  The antonym of elite is a member of the mob or herd.

Do some research on factory farms.  Visit one in fact.  Or maybe "evolve" to discover some empathy for living beings.

Who mentioned politics besides you?  I mentioned human health and the FACT (yes, fact) that animals are exploited and treated cruelly on factory farms).  Apparently, you know nothing about that or don't care about the lives of animal others.   

Steiber is a vegan. Perhaps you need to consult a psychiatrist if that  makes anxious or defensive.

 

Keep digging that hole. No one cares about your political beliefs or lifestyle choices. Take it elsewhere. And stop being a judgmental prick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

You sound like you are the opposite of elite.  The antonym of elite is a member of the mob or herd.

Do some research on factory farms.  Visit one in fact.  Or maybe "evolve" to discover some empathy for living beings.

Who mentioned politics besides you?  I mentioned human health and the FACT (yes, fact) that animals are exploited and treated cruelly on factory farms).  Apparently, you know nothing about that or don't care about the lives of animal others.   

Steiber is a vegan. Perhaps you need to consult a psychiatrist if that  makes anxious or defensive.

 

Stop playing left wing nutcase politics with this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LCpl Schmuckatelli said:

 

You triggered, Bruh?  Maybe you need to go to your safe space, lol 

If he wants to create his own forum titled “MEAT IS MURDER!!!!” then I have no problem with it.  But virtue-signaling on a wrestling forum? Sorry, no one wants it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

If he wants to create his own forum titled “MEAT IS MURDER!!!!” then I have no problem with it.  But virtue-signaling on a wrestling forum? Sorry, no one wants it

You need psychological help.  Does the phrase "factory farm" trigger you? You are vice-signaling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...