Sign in to follow this  
Timo

Match results from the 1980s and 90s

Does anyone know where to get old match results for Senior US Freestyle wrestlers (ie. list of matches or actual filled in brackets) for US Opens, World Team Trials, international tournaments, World Championships, etc. that go back to the 1980s?  I wanted to look at guys like John Smith, Bruce Baumgartner, and others in a lot of detail but can't find their actual match results anywhere.  You can find some articles, some you tubes on some matches, etc. but no way to actually see all their actual match results.  I was hoping there was a way to find these match results archived online somewhere but no such luck finding.  Let me know if you know where to look.  Thanks for your help.

I recall some years ago there was an Encyclopedia of wrestling  my parents bought me that had all the major results through the 90s including stuff like Fargo, ncaa and senior level.  It’s probably still at their house somewhere.  

On 4/17/2019 at 1:25 PM, Timo said:

Does anyone know where to get old match results for Senior US Freestyle wrestlers (ie. list of matches or actual filled in brackets) for US Opens, World Team Trials, international tournaments, World Championships, etc. that go back to the 1980s?  I wanted to look at guys like John Smith, Bruce Baumgartner, and others in a lot of detail but can't find their actual match results anywhere.  You can find some articles, some you tubes on some matches, etc. but no way to actually see all their actual match results.  I was hoping there was a way to find these match results archived online somewhere but no such luck finding.  Let me know if you know where to look.  Thanks for your help.

Old copies of Amateur Wrestling News may have what you are looking for. At least you used to be able to order archived issues.  https://amateurwrestlingnews.com/