Sign in to follow this  
WV304

Logan Macri

https://www.wboy.com/news/former-wvu-wrestling-team-member-shot-by-police-after-they-say-he-attacked-mother-with-sword-gun/1933865618

Sad. Was hoping for big things from him as a WVU fan.

whatever happened to the Moore brothers at WVU? Zach wrestled earlier in the year and disappeared, and his brother Keegan hasn’t wrestled since his true freshman season other than one match.

Do we know that the mother wasn't abusive? I don't want to place odds here, as it isn't a horse race. But there are, admittedly not common, situations where parent(s) can drive their children to drastic measures.

You never know - after it's all said and done, the wrestler could be the victim here. And his actions may not necessarily be excessive (think - chained to the radiator type things.)

(Is this politically correct enough to not to be deleted this time?)

I think this was sad, but important news. I don't think conjecture needs to be spun around it, but simply take the story for what it is and hope that Macri gets the support he needs.

As a WVU alum, I was excited that he ended up at WVU. I wanted to hear how he was doing, but certainly not end up with a story like this. 

Two years in the can with visits by Mudflap from time to time and promise of a roofing job when he gets out. Just in time to redshirt a year when Lee comes back from his Olympic hiatus and then he fills 125 as a Squawkeye.

He already has the attitude...

12 hours ago, TLS62pa said:

I think this was sad, but important news. I don't think conjecture needs to be spun around it, but simply take the story for what it is and hope that Macri gets the support he needs.

As a WVU alum, I was excited that he ended up at WVU. I wanted to hear how he was doing, but certainly not end up with a story like this. 

Sounds like he quit, right?   Said he left the team in November 

I didn’t know he quit. I knew he redshirted. Was expecting big things from him in the future as he was the only PA state champ in our last recruiting class, and one of the few if not only guys Flynn brought in himself.

i also checked other boards when u said this wasn’t an acceptable topic, and the PSU board has this same thread with over 40 responses. 

I hear he he survived and is in still in the hospital. Best wishes to him and his family.

Attacked his mother with a sword and gun? And people are worried about him getting help?  What about the rest of us?  Screw him.  I guess this west-coaster isn't PC-enough for this board anymore.  People who attack other people with swords/guns don't belong in civilized society.  If found guilty, I hope he get the same punished that the court would give to an MS-13 member, or anyone else who did the same thing - lock him up for a long time. 

6 hours ago, WRfan1 said:

Attacked his mother with a sword and gun? And people are worried about him getting help?  What about the rest of us?  Screw him.  I guess this west-coaster isn't PC-enough for this board anymore.  People who attack other people with swords/guns don't belong in civilized society.  If found guilty, I hope he get the same punished that the court would give to an MS-13 member, or anyone else who did the same thing - lock him up for a long time. 

I am all for locking bad people up. But, mental health IS an epidemic in this country. Some people don’t willingly have evil intent when they do bad things and THOSE are the people that need/deserve help. 

I don’t know if he falls into that category or not, but in 2019, if you are attacking your mother with a sword, I am leaning towards serious mental health issues.....