So after our first day of competition we picked up a pretty darn good amount of medals. Adam Coon, RaVaughn Perkins, Max Nowry, all brought home titles, and Hancock, Coleman, and Mango all earned Silvers. Hopefully this trend will continue throughout this tournament. 

I have no idea what to take away from yesterday other than Coon is still really good at pinning people in Greco. It’s weird because while he had his fair share of college pins, he rarely did it to the best guys and now he is pinning world ranked guys. His style is perfect to Greco apparently. 

Also super pumped that he is going to the US Open for freestyle. Why not? He will probably win the Open. Hope he goes for both world teams again. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I have no idea what to take away from yesterday other than Coon is still really good at pinning people in Greco. It’s weird because while he had his fair share of college pins, he rarely did it to the best guys and now he is pinning world ranked guys. His style is perfect to Greco apparently. 

Also super pumped that he is going to the US Open for freestyle. Why not? He will probably win the Open. Hope he goes for both world teams again. 

Love the guy's attitude.  A real throwback--takes on all comers, all styles.

Chandler Rogers and J'Den Cox are both listed on Track as winning smallish round robins and they are listed as having finished in 1rst place in their respective weights. Where were the Cubans, or am I missing some other part of the bracket? 

We are just fabulous at the World level at heavyweight.  That says a lot about Kyle Snider in my books.  He may never get the hardware to be one of our top 2 freestylers of all time, but unless I'm mistaken, he is the king of the World medalists who he defeated in the NCAA's.  Talk about take all comers!  Going after Sadulaev like that and going back for more after a disappointing loss.  Man he is one bad ass American hero by any stretch of the term.  Same with JB, fellas this is a special time.  Watching the dominance of Kyle Dake and David Taylor isn't too bad either.  If there is any way to parlay the success that we are currently experiencing, with getting all the weights back for the Olympic games, my vote is yes, do it!

Edited by Peso
Saved using another post

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Chandler Rogers and J'Den Cox are both listed on Track as winning smallish round robins and they are listed as having finished in 1rst place in their respective weights. Where were the Cubans, or am I missing some other part of the bracket? 

Way to go Chandler!  Man, I admire you.  Not to sound like a stalker, but I'm the guy that was clapping in Mexico Jo's when you came in after the Iowa dual. :-))  (Hey, ya never know, maybe they read this stuff)

Rough draws at 57 and 61.  Better be ready to rumble.
Yeah glad somebody referenced this, getting the 2 likely champs right off the bat , ouch... maybe we can pull some magic.

McCrystal may still have a ways to go

Ashnault has probably the easiest round robin

Burroughs should have all techs

Taylor should tech/Pin all

Snyder does have Salas Perez, could be interesting

GWIZ should win

But yeah... bring on the open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Didn’t Bonne whoop him pretty good at worlds?
Bonne whips everyone pretty good once in awhile, hes so damn explosive, I think he usually techs 90% of USA wrestlers in embarrassing fashion :)
That said, Colon neutralized the standing exchanges, and per usual, his gut is serious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

USA starting the day off on fire! Colon working his world class gut on the reigning champ, Bonne seemed couldn't get going from neutral and Joe took advantage when he finally got to par terre (had me nervous at the end of the 1st, with Bonne exploding for a potential big point move, but time was clearly expired). Next up, Ashnault scored at will in a dominant two minute tech over the Canadian, and now Rodriguez (who I'll admit I didn't give much of a chance in this one) with a well executed smartly wrestled win 7-2 over U23 champ Andreu. Hopefully we can keep this train rolling all day.

Holy effing $hite!! Burroughs just got a TD with about one second left to avoid the upset. Gomez was all defense and held it to 2-0, then gets a leg and finishes TD with about 10 seconds left. Looks like he is going to be able to stall out for the win until JB hits the blast double on the edge to take the 4-2 win as time expires! Failed challenge make the final score 5-2.

Franklin Gomez is a hell of a competitor but hasn't been as relevant for past several year. That one was definitely too close for comfort but fun to watch.

Edited by Giovanni