hammerlockthree

When is Hall gonna wrestle?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Actually in post-match interview after Hall won his title two year ago he stated he never wrestled him in a match all their years and that it sucked seeing someone who was so close to him not be able to win a title.

So in matches not exhibition they are tied. 2-2.

Zahid and Mark wrestled each other A LOT of times before high school when the were still cadet and younger age with Zahid winning all of them.  If you even count those, Zahid is something like 13-2 against Hall his entire life.

39 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Zahid and Mark wrestled each other A LOT of times before high school when the were still cadet and younger age with Zahid winning all of them.  If you even count those, Zahid is something like 13-2 against Hall his entire life.

I mean, did Zahid bump up 5 weight classes to wrestle him?  They were never the same size.

ANTHONY Valencia was, and beat Hall once, prior to getting demolished the next couple/few times.

Junior year Zahid was 132. Senior year he was 182.  Hall has been pretty much 152 his soph year(Zahid's junior) and 160 his senior year(Zahid's senior) and has been 145-170 for the last 25 years or so.

The logistical math just isn't lining up here.  Where are you getting your data?  They are 2-2 against each other in actual competition.  Zahid is up 1-0 in exhibition matches.  That is all.  Just because toons weigh the same now doesn't mean they obviously must have met up 452 times throughout their lives.  They wrestled each other in practice hundreds of times and formed a brotherly bond.  That is about it.

These are easy searches that TrackWrestling can confirm.  As far back as 2009 they were multiple weight classes apart(until college).  Zahid was always much smaller until he gained 50lbs in the span of a few months.

58 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I mean, did Zahid bump up 5 weight classes to wrestle him?  They were never the same size.

ANTHONY Valencia was, and beat Hall once, prior to getting demolished the next couple/few times.

Junior year Zahid was 132. Senior year he was 182.  Hall has been pretty much 152 his soph year(Zahid's junior) and 160 his senior year(Zahid's senior) and has been 145-170 for the last 25 years or so.

The logistical math just isn't lining up here.  Where are you getting your data?  They are 2-2 against each other in actual competition.  Zahid is up 1-0 in exhibition matches.  That is all.  Just because toons weigh the same now doesn't mean they obviously must have met up 452 times throughout their lives.  They wrestled each other in practice hundreds of times and formed a brotherly bond.  That is about it.

Where am I getting the data?  From when Anthony, Zahid and Aaron used to compete in all of the national tournaments as kids.  Specifically tournaments like Tulsa Nationals.  Like I said, before since it doesn't seem like you read what I typed.

cadet and younger

And if you have a Flo membership, then you can watch this interview

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6264062-2018-arizona-state-university-visit/videos?limit=42&playing=6267550&fbclid=IwAR3rfdh4xq9B-ryqpWukDC0aRGVSA2cNXujmeHuxcI4olDM2TXgb9-s2KEA

Edited by CA_Wrestler

51 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

These are easy searches that TrackWrestling can confirm.  As far back as 2009 they were multiple weight classes apart(until college).  Zahid was always much smaller until he gained 50lbs in the span of a few months.

Aaron, Zahid and Anthony grew up very close to where I did.  I kept track of their careers when I started noticing their names more and more in the sports section.  Flo knows about all of these matches.  Bader asked Zahid in the tunnel during the NCAA tournament about how far back he and Mark have competed against each other because Bader knew of those early matches.  Why don't you PM Willie from Flo if you don't believe what I'm saying.

Edited by CA_Wrestler
typo

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Zahid has stated a few times that they wrestled 8 times when they were young with Zahid winning all of those battles. I believe the semis match was the first victory over Zahid for Hall in 8 tries. He is now 11-2 vs. Mark in actual competition (10-2 if you don't count the all star match). 

See this interview for reference: https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6264062-2018-arizona-state-university-visit/videos?playing=6267550

You should do your homework before speaking so smugly.

1 hour ago, qc8223 said:

Zahid has stated a few times that they wrestled 8 times when they were young with Zahid winning all of those battles. I believe the semis match was the first victory over Zahid for Hall in 8 tries. He is now 11-2 vs. Mark in actual competition (10-2 if you don't count the all star match). 

See this interview for reference: https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6264062-2018-arizona-state-university-visit/videos?playing=6267550

You should do your homework before speaking so smugly.

I wasn't speaking smugly, twerp.

I was going off an interview by Mark Hall either after his semis win or his championship win where he reflected on how he didn't want that to be the way it was decided. That it sucks that his good friend had to lose that way, etc etc. In it he says they've wrestled their entire life but never in a match. Always on the same teams but at different weights, etc etc.

It is entirely conceivable that there are specifics that either A) were misinterpreted by me or B) misspoken by him since he had just concluded wrestling and was breathing quite heavy.

There is absolutely no reason for me to look past that as I took that as truth. Being misinformed is ignorance on my part. What is your excuse for being a ponce?

3 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Aaron, Zahid and Anthony grew up very close to where I did.  I kept track of their careers when I started noticing their names more and more in the sports section.  Flo knows about all of these matches.  Bader asked Zahid in the tunnel during the NCAA tournament about how far back he and Mark have competed against each other because Bader knew of those early matches.  Why don't you PM Willie from Flo if you don't believe what I'm saying.

Same question to you. Grundies bunched up much?

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

There is absolutely no reason for me to look past that as I took that as truth. Being misinformed is ignorance on my part. What is your excuse for being a ponce?

ponce
/päns/
noun
INFORMALDEROGATORY
an effeminate man.
  1. 2.
    INFORMALBRITISH
    a man who lives off a prostitute's earnings.
verb
INFORMALBRITISH
ask for or obtain (something to which one is not strictly entitled).
"I ponced a cigarette off her"
  1. 2.
    INFORMALBRITISH
    live off a prostitute's earnings.

This has turned into a fun thread.  Cheers all.
Edited by Mphillips

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Not for me?

D2hC3rEX0AAnpW9.jpg:large

Oddly enough I am pretty sure I've seen that before. Regardless I've conceded it is obvious I was flying blind in a snowstorm there. If I get the gumption I'll track down the interview I'm referring to. Probably not, though, since it doesn't really matter.

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:
ponce
/päns/
noun
INFORMALDEROGATORY
an effeminate man.
  1. 2.
    INFORMALBRITISH
    a man who lives off a prostitute's earnings.
verb
INFORMALBRITISH
ask for or obtain (something to which one is not strictly entitled).
"I ponced a cigarette off her"
  1. 2.
    INFORMALBRITISH
    live off a prostitute's earnings.

This has turned into a fun thread.  Cheers all.

I know precisely what it means. All meant in good fun while I eat my crow.

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.