nhs67

BTS Card Finalized

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6458072-beat-the-streets-grapple-at-the-garden-card-fina

Bittersweet for me. I am stoked about most of these matchups, however would have preferred to see Joseph VS Burroughs and an active 174lber(Amine?) VS Ringer. Also... Cassar VS Snyder. Why didn't this happen?

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.

Oops, I posted on the old BTS topic but - why did they matchup McKenna vs. JO instead of Yianni vs. JO? Is it because they wanted a PA vs. NJ matchup? OSU vs. tOSU? I guess McKenna has better credentials in FS recently but Yianni's the NCAA champ and I thought that was supposed to be the theme for BTS.

Oops, I posted on the old BTS topic but - why did they matchup McKenna vs. JO instead of Yianni vs. JO? Is it because they wanted a PA vs. NJ matchup? OSU vs. tOSU? I guess McKenna has better credentials in FS recently but Yianni's the NCAA champ and I thought that was supposed to be the theme for BTS.

Do you think JO/Yianni would agree to wrestle each other in an exhibition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

So they got 4 of the 10 NCAA champs to wrestle and half of the ones they didn't get all currently go to PSU?

58 minutes ago, gromit said:

Well to be fair, when did Penn State claim they want to grow the sport? If anything they're doing the opposite (National Duals, creating lack of parity).

Okay... prediction time?  Assuming everyone makes it through the OPEN unscathed(KNOCK ON WOOD), here is what I have:

NATO over Mueller-This will be closer than folks think it should be.  Very low scoring, a 3-1 or 4-2 type match. Typical NATO win where he controls it enough to grind it out.

Suriano over Colon-Suriano 4-1.

Oliver over McKenna-I don't know what the weigh-in procedures will be here, but I can't imagine they will have to make scratch weight.  If they do it will be quite close.  If not JO could big brother McKenna and run away with it.

YD over Punia(INDIA)-USA USA USA

Shnaulty over Green-Shnaulty looked like his transition game will be top notch from what we saw at PANAMS and Green seems to have lost a pep in his step.  We'll know a lot more after the OPEN, but I am calling Jersey-Boy sweet, just like NCAAs.

Burroughs over Askren-However he wants to win, he will win.  I doubt he lets himself get into a position where the Funk can FUNKMASTER his way to a pin.

Taylor over Foster-Taylor could tech him quickly, or play with him, and that is with no disrespect intended.  Taylor is just that good and it isn't even close.

Cox over Brucki-Brucki made leaps from his true frosh campaign to his true soph campaign, however J'Den is the stingiest 92kg wrestler on the planet.  This may look something like a low scoring affair, but I don't see Brucki scoring any offensive points and I see J'Den scoring them. I wouldn't be surprised with a 2-0 or a 10-0 tech, but J'Den should win this easily.

Snyder over Randhawa(CANADA)-Snyder should be able to take him down at will.  A 10-0 or 11-0 tech type thing. PS-USA USA USA USA USA

GWIZ over White-I am hoping that White can surprise us and keep this close, but after Cassar dominated him on the feet at NCAAs, it makes me think GWIZ, who is better in every aspect of the neutral game, will do the same.

Keep in mind this is exhibition and it is also a week after the OPEN, where nearly half of these guys are registered at right now.  Barring any injury(AGAIN KNOCK ON WOOD), we may still see some scratch from this.

This is a charity event.  Not a PPV card.  It is what it is.  The Burroughs vs Askren matchup will at least be entertaining for the donors, many of whom likely don't know much about wrestling but will like the whole "Olympic champion vs UFC fighter" theme.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

8 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

So does this mean JB will be at the US Open this weekend?!?!

Dude has a bye to Final X and comes up with this garbage take? 

Oh, very nice.

I know he accepted FINAL X at 74, but does that prevent him from opening, by chance?  Or is he allowed to enter?  Perhaps he could have gone 79kg just for fun?

3 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

Well to be fair, when did Penn State claim they want to grow the sport? If anything they're doing the opposite (National Duals, creating lack of parity).

Are you serious??? "creating lack of parity" is the latest crime?  Do we need PSU guys to accept some kind of handicap prior to wrestling other schools? Unbelievable.

They did a great job putting this event together. Having 4 champs, especially with 2 others competing in the US Open the week before, is pretty good. We knew a few wouldn't go for health related reasons.  

All in all they did well. I would rather see Myles Martin vs David Taylor, but that wouldn't have really been fair to Foster

51 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

They did a great job putting this event together. Having 4 champs, especially with 2 others competing in the US Open the week before, is pretty good. We knew a few wouldn't go for health related reasons.  

All in all they did well. I would rather see Myles Martin vs David Taylor, but that wouldn't have really been fair to Foster Myles Martin

Fixed it for you. 

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Okay... prediction time?  Assuming everyone makes it through the OPEN unscathed(KNOCK ON WOOD), here is what I have:

NATO over Mueller-This will be closer than folks think it should be.  Very low scoring, a 3-1 or 4-2 type match. Typical NATO win where he controls it enough to grind it out.

Suriano over Colon-Suriano 4-1.

Oliver over McKenna-I don't know what the weigh-in procedures will be here, but I can't imagine they will have to make scratch weight.  If they do it will be quite close.  If not JO could big brother McKenna and run away with it.

YD over Punia(INDIA)-USA USA USA

Shnaulty over Green-Shnaulty looked like his transition game will be top notch from what we saw at PANAMS and Green seems to have lost a pep in his step.  We'll know a lot more after the OPEN, but I am calling Jersey-Boy sweet, just like NCAAs.

Burroughs over Askren-However he wants to win, he will win.  I doubt he lets himself get into a position where the Funk can FUNKMASTER his way to a pin.

Taylor over Foster-Taylor could tech him quickly, or play with him, and that is with no disrespect intended.  Taylor is just that good and it isn't even close.

Cox over Brucki-Brucki made leaps from his true frosh campaign to his true soph campaign, however J'Den is the stingiest 92kg wrestler on the planet.  This may look something like a low scoring affair, but I don't see Brucki scoring any offensive points and I see J'Den scoring them. I wouldn't be surprised with a 2-0 or a 10-0 tech, but J'Den should win this easily.

Snyder over Randhawa(CANADA)-Snyder should be able to take him down at will.  A 10-0 or 11-0 tech type thing. PS-USA USA USA USA USA

GWIZ over White-I am hoping that White can surprise us and keep this close, but after Cassar dominated him on the feet at NCAAs, it makes me think GWIZ, who is better in every aspect of the neutral game, will do the same.

Keep in mind this is exhibition and it is also a week after the OPEN, where nearly half of these guys are registered at right now.  Barring any injury(AGAIN KNOCK ON WOOD), we may still see some scratch from this.

Really good analysis except for Suriano-Colon. There has to be a "going with my heart" thing there. 

53 minutes ago, maligned said:

Really good analysis except for Suriano-Colon. There has to be a "going with my heart" thing there. 

Nah. I'm not a Jersey boy. Going with my gut that Colon won't get him a gut. Colon is big, but I don't believe we have anybody under 135lbs domestically that can go horse for horse with him right now in a slow paced affair.

I will say and admit that if Suriano gets put on the clock and has to open up to come from behind to beat Colon he is going to get wrecked(ae in Colon will win comfortably).

17 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Are you serious??? "creating lack of parity" is the latest crime?  Do we need PSU guys to accept some kind of handicap prior to wrestling other schools? Unbelievable.

Didn't say that. It's absolutely fine but it does the opposite of grow the sport and that's what's being referred to. Relax.

18 hours ago, LemonPie said:

So does this mean JB will be at the US Open this weekend?!?!

Dude has a bye to Final X and comes up with this garbage take? 

Was thinking the same thought. I love JB but didnt he outright say he was done with the us open several years back bc he didnt want Taylor, dake,  etc to keep getting looks at him? Of course he ironically returned to the us open in 2017 when he needed to re-earn his wtt bye to the finals