nhs67

BTS Card Finalized

31 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

How can anybody question JB’s commitment to wrestling. 

This.  I don't understand the hostility towards JB's tweet.  He's done his fair share of growing the sport.  He's never declined showing up for BTS, knowing the purposes it serves.  His match with Askren being put on showcase being a prime example.  JB has talked about how he has already seen tweets from MMA fans asking who "alliseeisgold" is.  He probably knows who is being asked to participate and who is declining.  

Now, if his tweet was more about a claim to always give the fans what they want, then I can see the backlash.  

Edited by misterc

On 4/24/2019 at 1:15 PM, pamela said:

Oops, I posted on the old BTS topic but - why did they matchup McKenna vs. JO instead of Yianni vs. JO? Is it because they wanted a PA vs. NJ matchup? OSU vs. tOSU? I guess McKenna has better credentials in FS recently but Yianni's the NCAA champ and I thought that was supposed to be the theme for BTS.

It would make more sense to have McKenna vs. Yianni.  Yianni being the NCAA Champ and McKenna the World Team Member.  McKenna is the highest placing returning wrestler from this weight class since Logan is retired

1 hour ago, SteelwoodRadio said:

It would make more sense to have McKenna vs. Yianni.  Yianni being the NCAA Champ and McKenna the World Team Member.  McKenna is the highest placing returning wrestler from this weight class since Logan is retired

Yianni and McKenna May very well wrestle tomorrow or Saturday so no need to match them up next Monday 

11 minutes ago, Witherman said:

can't believe no one else is pointing out how absurd this prediction is

You've missed a few threads, then.  That is solely the reason I didn't give a reason.  I've explained it enough.

Sadly I wasn’t too far off at the start of the original announcement thread.

Solid concept.  But, it was way to ambitious of a announcement to try to get most of the NCAA champs to face most of our top freestyle guys.  You need to at least have several guys already committed before putting it out there.

But in the end still a nice showcase venue, an entertaining evening of matches, and it’s all done for a good cause.  

Edited by MadMardigain