scribe

Why is it called Final X?

I don't think there's an interesting story other than it's just marketing and what Martin Flo wanted to call this thing where the final "XX" senior wrestlers compete to be the final "X" on the WT, which is actually the final XXX senior wrestlers, haha. I don't know if USA Wrestling has renewed its final X contract with Flo (I think it expires this year) but I would be surprised if it went away. They should maybe consider calling it something else though. Give it a better name.

10 weights.  Countless eligible wrestlers.  The Final X are world reps. 

10 x 3 = 30.  

Final 30.

Then in Olympic years it can be the Final VI.

Or the Final XVIII.

Great marketing by Flo. Really great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Each style has 10 champions/weights.  'X' is the roman numeral for ten. The Final X event(s) are to determine our champions.

It isn't stupid and it shouldn't be difficult for anybody to understand, whether now or in the future. 

Calling it stupid is one thing, but believing it to be stupid does not reflect well to our general intelligence as a species. 

The Troll in me wants to believe that every response after the first response made by Pamela are just people speaking Trollinese. The Human in me can't help but feel a little sad that I'm unsure of that.

On 4/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, pamela said:

I don't think there's an interesting story other than it's just marketing and what Martin Flo wanted to call this thing where the final "XX" senior wrestlers compete to be the final "X" on the WT, which is actually the final XXX senior wrestlers, haha. I don't know if USA Wrestling has renewed its final X contract with Flo (I think it expires this year) but I would be surprised if it went away. They should maybe consider calling it something else though. Give it a better name.

example..."Final battle who will wrestle against PEDs athletes in Worlds"??? it's a long title. Final X better!