nhs67

US Open Senior Men's Freestyle discussion thread

10 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Usually. And yet he beat Nolf with a last second takedown. Go figure. 

Pretty sure Nolf will have watched how Deakin wrestled Green with a little more urgency and his own game plan for Green might now change. A little less caution and lot more abandon. 

Edited by TBar1977

well wrestled match by Fix there. Poorly officiated, particularly in the whizzer seatbelt position. Stalemates way too quick and probably cost Gilman a couple points. Hard to understand what was going on in the officials mind right thre. Also blew the review against Fix. Feel the right guy won there, but hope the officiating is better next time around.

6 hours ago, Katie said:

I think people are underestimating Green. He’s a two-time medalist. 

To put that into perspective, none of the NCAA stars who represented us at 65kg have medaled in 12 years. 

Life goes on. Many people improve even after college ends. Green is one of those guys. 

Nolf is a stud. But so is Green.

Don't underestimate Deakin.

18 hours ago, Katie said:

Zain is a cadet world champ, so he must have some freestyle skill.  He was also our world team member two years ago (when he was still in college).

I never said he had no freestyle skill. I just said he's not as physically tough in freestyle, a style that eliminates his best position from which he inflicts 90% of his damage on his victims. 

He can't impose his will on a guy like Yianni in freestyle. Too slick. In folkstyle, I'd take Zain. 

Curious question regarding 70kg and seeding there for the trials...

Let us say Shnaulty decks Green next week... even though it is exhibition do they seed Shnaulty at the 1? They gave Clark the seed over Ramos, which until this Open could have only been due to an exhibition.

That would put Green-Nolf as a semis match again.

Also: Molinaro? Until the Open he was qualified at 70kg for the Trials already. Does hum entering 65kg here null and void his 70kg bid? Meaning if he wished to give 70kg a run at the WTT he would need to hit the last chance qualifier?

7 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I never said he had no freestyle skill. I just said he's not as physically tough in freestyle, a style that eliminates his best position from which he inflicts 90% of his damage on his victims. 

He can't impose his will on a guy like Yianni in freestyle. Too slick. In folkstyle, I'd take Zain. 

Easily take Zain in folk!

The exclamation means at least two takedowns. Yanni is the man of the day but I still like Zain to make the team. This year at least. To be honest after what yanni did to Tank and JO I thought Zain was dead meat.

Edited by PRyan2012

Okay good.

So this is what we have, then:

57kg:

-Fix a bye to Final X

61kg:

-Colon a bye to Final X

-Brewer a bye to WTT best of 3 Finals

65 kg:

-Yianni a bye to Final X

70 kg:

-Deakin a bye to Final X

74kg:

-JB a bye to Final X

-IMart a bye to WTT best of 3 finals

79kg:

-Kid Dynamite a bye to Final X

-Ringer a bye to WTT best of 3 finals

86kg:

-Magic Man a bye to Final X

-PD3 a bye to WTT best of 3 finals

92kg:

-Cox a bye to Final X

-Bo's Hips a bye to WTT best of 3 finals

97kg:

-Cap'n a bye to Final X

-Gadson a bye to WTT best of 3 finals

125kg:

-Gwiz a bye to Final X

-The largest astronaut ever gets a bye to WTT best of 3 finals

This is going to be good...

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.