nhs67

US Open Senior Men's Freestyle discussion thread

The exclamation means at least two takedowns. Yanni is the man of the day but I still like Zain to make the team. This year at least.
Zain is 3rd behind Yianni and Oliver. Zain might miss the final x altogether.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CJC the business man you are can you start a thread with all predictions to include who the USA will field at the 2019 World Championships...The rest of the world will pay attention...

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

CJC the business man you are can you start a thread with all predictions to include who the USA will field at the 2019 World Championships...The rest of the world will pay attention...

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!
The Train derailed in Benton. The Ithaca Express! All aboard!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just now, BigTimeFan said:

I would never have called Yianni before the start of the US open. By the time the finals rolled around it looked too close to call just by virtue of how he handled JO and Molinari. 

Yianni is super impressive. Can’t wait for his match against Punia.

32 minutes ago, Katie said:

Yianni is super impressive. Can’t wait for his match against Punia.

Yeah that match up just got a lot more interesting to me. I honestly was almost disinterested at first because I wasn’t giving him a chance. After this tournament nothing would surprise 

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

So was Kulchytskyy defaulting out seed protection? I can see an argument for him being the 3 seed at the Trials ahead of Pantaleo. Although I don't know if or how they weigh results from two years ago...

Nazar posted on twitter he just recently got cleared to train after surgery. 

https://twitter.com/NazarKulchytsky/status/1122275012864430080

Well with Deakin derailing JG in the finals, I have to say two things, the first is, that is the best I have ever seen Deakin wrestle, so huge props to him. The other, is I have to believe that Nolf is sitting somewhere thinking, that if Deakin can beat JG, then he should certainly be able to do so as well. So I have to think that this affect their future match ups. 

As far as JG is concerned, it could be the weight cut, it could be this or that, this also could've been just a one off, but if it isn't, JG will need to find a way back to his top form, and he will need to find it by the middle of next month. 

Also, I am very curious to see how Nickal will matchup against Cox. 

12 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Why did Zain even shoot on Yianni there in the second period when that is how Yianni scores??? Make Yianni take the shot. 

Did Yanni score first with a shot?

5 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well with Deakin derailing JG in the finals, I have to say two things, the first is, that is the best I have ever seen Deakin wrestle, so huge props to him. The other, is I have to believe that Nolf is sitting somewhere thinking, that if Deakin can beat JG, then he should certainly be able to do so as well. So I have to think that this affect their future match ups. 

As far as JG is concerned, it could be the weight cut, it could be this or that, this also could've been just a one off, but if it isn't, JG will need to find a way back to his top form, and he will need to find it by the middle of next month. 

Deakin won but Green could very easily turn that around next time if it happens, especially 2/3.   

Greeb’s biggest threat is Nolf. Whoever wins WTT beats Deakin imo.   

6 minutes ago, klehner said:

Assuming that isn't a rhetorical question, the answer is "yes."

He scored from his own ankle pick earlier in the match, but I think of him more as scoring off re shots into scrambles and he always seems to win them. 

13 hours ago, Jim L said:

Man what convoluted system for picking the  World team.

You need a flow chart to follow the process. I don't see the point for having a US Open and then a WTT and then a final X. One of those steps should be eliminated.

System convoluted. Naming scheme half-baked. There's a reason why it's called 'WrestleMania' not 'WrestleMania: Pontiac Silverdome' (and not the vague phrase 'Final X' lol). Flo apes UFC in bad ways.

Edited by jon

13 hours ago, Jim L said:

Man what convoluted system for picking the  World team.

You need a flow chart to follow the process. I don't see the point for having a US Open and then a WTT and then a final X. One of those steps should be eliminated.

Nomad's explanation of the process is unintentionally funny:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6437368-final-x-explained

I read a few paragraphs and decided to go back to working on my taxes.     I'm not sure that it really matters if the system is confusing.   More events is more better.

9 hours ago, de4856 said:

Nickal kind of reminds me of Yianni.   His style is so unorthodox.   They are both such physical freaks, combing flexibility, balance and strength.    Like wrestling a super strong gumby.   Yianni is an ape man with his long arms and flexible hips.  

I bet on Nickal against Cox just because Cox has never seen an opponent like that.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

He scored from his own ankle pick earlier in the match, but I think of him more as scoring off re shots into scrambles and he always seems to win them. 

I’d love to see Yianni train with Chamizo.  Especially since they both appear to be based in the same state.

imagine THOSE exchanges. 

3 minutes ago, Full Nelson said:

Nickal kind of reminds me of Yianni.   His style is so unorthodox.   They are both such physical freaks, combing flexibility, balance and strength.    Like wrestling a super strong gumby.   Yianni is an ape man with his long arms and flexible hips.  

I bet on Nickal against Cox just because Cox has never seen an opponent like that.

You’re betting against a reigning world champ in a best-of-three series?

I guess it’s not out of the question, but it’s essentially the steepest hill you could climb.