nhs67

US Open Senior Men's Freestyle discussion thread

I like Caffey's draw at 86kg and Brucki's at 92kg. They both have tough early rounders in the 3 seed, but a relatively smooth sailing adventure after that until quarters/semis.

Anyone else getting a but of "You  have exceeded your maximum" messages when trying to watch more than one mat?   Even using the 4 camera option on one window, not separate windows or browsers.

1 minute ago, BobDole said:

Jarod Verkleren is supposed to be on two mats at the same time, he's wrestling in both Greco and Freestyle today.

I thought I heard that he had to be on Mat #6 immediately and thought "that's sorta impossible as he's losing to Johnson at the moment"

1 minute ago, Peso said:

Thanks guys.  I thought track would be dashboarding it, but oops.  

Where are the brackets?  And mat assignments?  FloArena and Track do not appear to have them. 

Is it just me, or aren't we bigger than this?  You add the amazing growth of female wrestling and there is a network audience that would do themselves a favor to show wrestling.  We have to piddle around with joining and cancelling or get a complete wrestling in it's entirety package deal just to watch our friggin National Championship, when there is no doubt in my mind that there is 100 x the money to be made overnight, than anyone is making by doing this ridiculous dance instead of the media giving us our fair coverage.

4 minutes ago, Peso said:

Is it just me, or aren't we bigger than this?  You add the amazing growth of female wrestling and there is a network audience that would do themselves a favor to show wrestling.  We have to piddle around with joining and cancelling or get a complete wrestling in it's entirety package deal just to watch our friggin National Championship, when there is no doubt in my mind that there is 100 x the money to be made overnight, than anyone is making by doing this ridiculous dance instead of the media giving us our fair coverage.

We are not bigger than this, and there is no such thing as our "fair coverage."  ESPN, NBC, ABC, etc. don't "owe" us anything.  If it were worth it they would pony up, but freestyle wrestling isn't even close to moving the needle on a national level.  

We're lucky we have what we have now, considering where we were just 5 years ago.