nhs67

US Open Senior Men's Freestyle discussion thread

10 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Anthony Valnecia into the semis at 74.....did anyone else see that coming?

Anthony Valencia's best style is freestyle, and he's had some good wins on the senior circuit in the past. 

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

That 79kg bracket may be the worst of all time.  Geno Morelli is a semi-finalist and as much as I follow wrestling (admittedly heavy folkstyle slant) I didn't know half the quarterfinalists. 

Guess nobody wanted a piece of Dieringer then Dake. Although the other options are going down for iMar then Burroughs or going up for Taylor. 

Anyways, I really hope to see Hall and Valencia at the trials. 

24 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Yes.  He had a great draw.  He is a neutral wrestler and Wick was overseeded for freestyle based on folkstyle results.  I was hoping to see a Massa-Valencia semis.

As an admitted Michigan homer, I see no way Pantaleo beats Nolf.  I do see a way Green can, because he has before.  I am hoping for a Green-Pantaleo finals at 70.

That being said I still see no way anyone we currently have at 70kg can beat Nolf in a best of 3 right now.

56 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Yes,

He's pretty much been waiting the entire year to wrestle for ASU, but was kept out because of the injury/surgery and he's been the guy in the ASU room that mostly practices with Zahid every day.

2 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Yes,

He's pretty much been waiting the entire year to wrestle for ASU, but was kept out because of the injury/surgery and he's been the guy in the ASU room that mostly practices with Zahid every day.

Yup and the rumors were he was looking amazing and refreshed. A run to the finals in the Open would be a nice confidence booster. If he can pull it off vs iMar...

He still has some suspect cardio, but this is his first tournament in a long time. 

Worth noting that his semi match isn't an easy one. He is an underdog

9 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yup and the rumors were he was looking amazing and refreshed. A run to the finals in the Open would be a nice confidence booster. If he can pull it off vs iMar...

He still has some suspect cardio, but this is his first tournament in a long time. 

Didn’t he get his ass handed to him at midlands?

Wonder why Jesus turned his back on Gorilla Hulk?
He was watching the Brazilian women's volleyball championships on telemundo. Too busy to deal with wrestling today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Yep.

He's looking good.  Even if he is an underdog, it's still good to see him back and competing.

10 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Saw on USA wrestling twitter that Tomasello was disqualified against Gilman after being down 9-0. Anyone watching see what NATO did to get DQ’d?

Reactionary tough guy bull****. Gilman would post on his head and Nate would swing. Happened 2-3 times.