Sign in to follow this  
Greatdane67

Yianni

1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

If your being sarcastic your not making much of a point. We are talking about every wrestlers dream trying to bring home Olympic gold medal don't you want our reps focused solely on making that dream a reality 

I have to disagree with this.  Sarcasm and a perfectly "pointed", point.

1 hour ago, Sublime607 said:

If your being sarcastic your not making much of a point. We are talking about every wrestlers dream trying to bring home Olympic gold medal don't you want our reps focused solely on making that dream a reality 

So why is he wrestling folkstyle at all?  He should be taking the Kyle Snyder route and wrestle for Cornell on the odd occasion he's in Ithaca.  I'm guessing that he believes that putting in the time doing folkstyle is worth it on his journey.  He just beat the best 65kg wrestlers in the country doing just that.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, Sublime607 said:

It's going to be a sad year now that he almost certainly takes a Olympic shirt. I say Dean should take a shirt and we win the team title in 2022

If either Dake, Nashon, or Yianni  make the Olympic team it will be a great year to be a Cornell fan, regardless of how the team does.  I didn't even mention US Open runner-up Honis or Vito. The fact that we are discussing multiple Cornellians potentially making the Olympic team is a great thing in my mind.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, wrestlingnerd said:

No. NY is a big state. They are a 5-6 hour drive away. Maybe they’ll train very briefly in the future, who knows. 

I think these two would both benefit from training together.

I hope that 5-6 hours of driving isn’t what’s stopping them.  I assume the traveler could make a week or two out of the trip. 

Edited by Katie

9 minutes ago, Katie said:

I think these two would both benefit from training together.

I hope that 5-6 hours of driving isn’t what’s stopping them from training together.  I assume the traveler could make a week or two out of the trip. 

Yianni and Vito trained together in high school. Yianni in Hilton(Rochester) and Vito in Syosset (Long Island) and that's close to 7 hours. It never stopped them then and I'm sure if they both agreed to train together Yianni would make it work somehow. I have not heard that they have trained together though.

24 minutes ago, Ragu said:

Yianni and Vito trained together in high school. Yianni in Hilton(Rochester) and Vito in Syosset (Long Island) and that's close to 7 hours. It never stopped them then and I'm sure if they both agreed to train together Yianni would make it work somehow. I have not heard that they have trained together though.

Is this a joke?  You realize they (Yianni and Vito) are on the same wrestling team right?  

The discussion you are referring to relates to Yianni and Chamizo.

4 minutes ago, nom said:

Is this a joke?  You realize they (Yianni and Vito) are on the same wrestling team right?  

The discussion you are referring to relates to Yianni and Chamizo.

I said in high school...and what I'm referencing is the distance they traveled pointing to the fact that Yianni will travel however far he needs to to get the best training possible