Katie

Predict the world team

57, Gilman, I think he finds a way

61, Colon, Nico and Brewer are good, but this is Colon's time. 

65, Yianni, a new era is upon us.

70, Nolf, the winds have changed. 

74, JB, all day, everyday, until he decides to hang em up. 

79, Dake

86, DT

92, Cox, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bo won. 

97, SnyderMan

125, Gwiz. 

Well Garrett, is coming off a lengthy injury and a period of no active competition. And he is going right into the meat grinder of the WTT, I just have to wonder if he has had enough time to get adequately prepared. 

3 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

Garret still is the one at that weight with the most upside. Don't forget, he teched Colon to win the spot. Freakishly JB like athleticism. I'm going for the all upside team. Fix, Nashon, Yanni, Nolf. 

I agree with you but he is coming off a serious injury that kept him away from the mats for several months. Colon has looked better than ever of late.

10 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

Garret still is the one at that weight with the most upside. Don't forget, he teched Colon to win the spot. Freakishly JB like athleticism. I'm going for the all upside team. Fix, Nashon, Yanni, Nolf. 

Is Garrett healthy?  I didn’t think he was.

57 - Fix. I think he has now arrived (per se).  Lee/Fix would be an interesting matchup.  

61 - Colon.  I believe that he has found his niche with free.

65 - Yianni.  Unbelievable performance at the open.  And, he's only just begun.

70 - Nolf.  Nolf beats Green at WTT, and then dismantles Deakin at Final X.

74 - JB.  Imar a distant 2nd still.

79 - Dake.  Zahid and ringer will push hard.  We are so deep internationally here.  All 3 could be WC at this weight class.

86 - Taylor.  He techs or pins anyone domestically at this weight now.

92- Cox until proven otherwise, and Nickal may be that proof 

97 - Snyderman

HWT - Gwiz with a strong push from Coon.  Coon closed that gap I think, but still not enough

I too like Nashons upside, but Colon seems to be really wrestling great. I think there are guys who are not on the crazy elite athletic scale, but enter a lane where everything just flows in perfect order.  Kind of like a pitcher that throws a no hitter game.  Everything just goes right for them and everything around them.  I feel like right now Colon is in that lane.  Everything seems to be going just right right in all aspects, and he may be wrestling the best he has ever in his life.  

I am also curious to see how Gwiz has progressed since is competition circuit on the overseas dual teams. 

17 minutes ago, scramble said:

I too like Nashons upside, but Colon seems to be really wrestling great. I think there are guys who are not on the crazy elite athletic scale, but enter a lane where everything just flows in perfect order.  Kind of like a pitcher that throws a no hitter game.  Everything just goes right for them and everything around them.  I feel like right now Colon is in that lane.  Everything seems to be going just right right in all aspects, and he may be wrestling the best he has ever in his life.  

I am also curious to see how Gwiz has progressed since is competition circuit on the overseas dual teams. 

Garrett sometimes reverts to folk he really needs the mat time to correct that 

3 hours ago, Katie said:

Is Garrett healthy?  I didn’t think he was.

He tore his pec last fall.  He just got back on the mat earlier this month.  He could have a setback, but if he doesn't, I think he'll be tough to beat in Raleigh and even tougher to beat at final X. 

57kg - Gilman, the Hawkeye staff will find a way to get him prepared for another battle

61kg - Garrett, when healthy he's dangerous. A risky pick since he's been away but if he's 100% he's a world medal threat

65kg - Yianni D, an absolute world breaker, we'll see where his skill is internationally when he takes on world silver Bajrang at BTS

70kg - Green, he has the best training partner in the world everyday and I think he proved he's still got it and I think he cleans it up against Deakin

74kg - JB, since Taylor and Dake have moved up after the addition of more weight classes no one has challenged him really

79kg - Dake, the Cornell room really produces world class athletes he went untouched at worlds and was challenged more domestically, Zahid and Ringer are world class and are right there but this spot is Dake's

86kg - DT, the easiest pick of them all I think, head and shoulders above the field in the US

92kg - Cox, he took out Dake a and he's taken out DT, can he take out Bo too? I think so but Bo brings a bag of tricks the other two didn't have so we'll see

97kg - Snyder, love him vs Gadson every time but it's his weight for years to come

125kg - Gwiz, he's world class and Coon can challenge but I think he's too solid to let Coon in 

There's going to be a surprise at 57.  I'm not going to say who, but it's an elite talent I think a lot of people are overlooking.  But he will be there.  It isn't Lee either.  I think he will make the world team and beat Fix.  The only thing that could get in his way is that he's been out for so long.  The good thing is he didn't need to go through any of the BS to qualify for the trials so he's fresh and very well rested.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun to see somebody with this much talent make some noise and come back to wrestle for the love of it and the fans.  He doesn't really need to, but he will be there, I'm like 90% sure.  I think a lot of people will be surprised. 

5 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

There's going to be a surprise at 57.  I'm not going to say who, but it's an elite talent I think a lot of people are overlooking.  But he will be there.  It isn't Lee either.  I think he will make the world team and beat Fix.  The only thing that could get in his way is that he's been out for so long.  The good thing is he didn't need to go through any of the BS to qualify for the trials so he's fresh and very well rested.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun to see somebody with this much talent make some noise and come back to wrestle for the love of it and the fans.  He doesn't really need to, but he will be there, I'm like 90% sure.  I think a lot of people will be surprised. 

Nah...he isn't beating Gilman or  Fix.  All it takes is 5 seconds of searching to see who else is actually qualified for the WTT that didn't compete at the Open....

synopsis from the lens of winning the arms race vs russia

57- gilman - fringe bronze medal canidate vs fix (has potential to do more)

61 - Colon - bronze medal vs Nashon (Gold Medal potential) 

65 - status quo dnp/fringe bronze medal vs yianni - (gold medal potential)

70 - green - sliding fringe medal canidate/dnp vs nolf (not there yet but with grizdiowski type gains will be a gold medal threat)

74 - 125 we are already good, murderers row.

It's about improving 57 to 70, and if you think usa wrestling is good now we will be downright scary if we start adding to murderers row with yianni's. We could go add 4 gold medal candidates at the 4 weights we are the weakest at; assuming the nolfs, nashons, get more freestyle savvy which will come with experience. This is why it's critical they make the world team this year. Being on the team will vastly speed up their rate of improvement. You can't measure the value of a young pup being on a world team.

usa wrestling needs fix, nashon, yianni, and nolf to be on the team this year. Just IMO.