Katie

Predict the world team

19 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Ps that is amazing!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yes it is. I look forward to the day where they don't feel the need to give a kid like that the "White Lightening" nickname. Why not instead of mentioning him as a "white" sprinter, they just call him a sprinter. 

Yes it is. I look forward to the day where they don't feel the need to give a kid like that the "White Lightening" nickname. Why not instead of mentioning him as a "white" sprinter, they just call him a sprinter. 
I know, one day we'll pull passed these hurdles and white athletes will get a fair chance to be accepted, rather than separated based on the color of their skin.
Its genuinely disgusting.

Loved the White Shadow though. That dude not only crashed the boards, he also crashed our hearts!

57 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Whoa whoa whoa.... I was just scrolling through this, but you cant be serious? This could cost you your credibility. You may have to rent both and rewatch, assuming you dont already own Cool Runnings VHS, BluRay, etc....

John Candy's final film! A disgraced former Olympian, uses an all black, financially restricted team of dreamers, to compete with and earn the respect of some of the best teams to ever do it. This is a feel good family comedy for the ages. Hijinks and humor aside, the message of: everyone has a chance if they work hard enough. Is not to be undersold.

#AllTimeGreat

Right thur.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:52 PM, de4856 said:

57, Gilman, I think he finds a way

61, Colon, Nico and Brewer are good, but this is Colon's time. 

65, Yianni, a new era is upon us.

70, Nolf, the winds have changed. 

74, JB, all day, everyday, until he decides to hang em up. 

79, Dake

86, DT

92, Cox, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bo won. 

97, SnyderMan

125, Gwiz. 

If you throw Coon in as number 2 at heavyweight that gives us several weights with a potential 2 deep world medalist level wrestlers.

Fix/Gilman...Colon/Garrett...Yianni D/Zain...Dake/Dieringer...Nolf/Green.  I count 10 weights with serious medal contention, and more coming up from below.  

If you throw Coon in as number 2 at heavyweight that gives us several weights with a potential 2 deep world medalist level wrestlers.
Fix/Gilman...Colon/Garrett...Yianni D/Zain...Dake/Dieringer...Nolf/Green.  I count 10 weights with serious medal contention, and more coming up from below.  
Green/Nolf. lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On 4/30/2019 at 7:03 PM, Relentless125 said:

That was an amazing match to watch live. I can't find it online besides a small clip though. Does anyone have it?

Also, Cejudo retired after that loss. Threw his shoes into the crowd and everything. It would be funny to return after that.

57:  Gilman over Vito at WTT, Fix over Gilman at Final X

61: Graff over Mega, then Brewer at WTT, Graff over Colon at Final X (the first one will be the toughest.  Graff is 3-0 with 3 techs over Brewer and Colon.... if he gets to Brewer, I think he will be our rep)

65: Oliver over Zain at WTT, Oliver over Yianni at Final X

70: Nolf over Green at WTT, Nolf over Deakin at Final X

74: Gnatt over Valencia, then IMar over Gnatt at WTT, Burroughs over IMar at Final X (but IMar wins once to force a 3rd match) 

79: Hall over Valencia, then Dieringer over Hall at WTT, Dieringer over Dake at Final X

86: Taylor if he competes, Nickal if he comes down and Taylor is out, Downey over Heflin again if no Nickal or Taylor

92: Nickal over Zilmer, Cox over Nickal (or Zilmer if Bo goes down)

97: Gadson over Honis, Synder over Gadson

125: Coon over Gable (or Nelson), Gwiz over Coon

Wow, Nolf going up to 74, I have to think that he ( Nolf ) felt the cut to 70 was impacting his performance, so it will be interesting to see how he does at 74 this weekend. Hopefully he does well. But with Nolf going 74, I think we see a Deakin, Green Final X at 70. 

Also, I hope Flo isn't correct about Suriano not competing, with his victory over Colon last week at Beat the Streets, it makes me think that Nick could make a lot of noise on the Senior level. 

Edited by de4856
Additional information

Where will Nolf get seeded at 74 KG?
Sitting in Finals: Isaiah Martinez, Titan Mercury/Illinois RTC

Projected Seeds:

1. Tommy Gantt, Titan Mercury/Wolfpack WC
  2. Anthony Valencia, ASU Wrestling
  3. Logan Massa, Michigan RTC
  4. Richie Lewis, NYAC
  5. Brian Murphy, MYAC/NJRTC
  6. Dan Vallimont, NYAC/Penn RTC
  7. Joey Lavallee, Titan Mercury/Valley RTC
  8. Jared Frayer, Titan Mercury/Southeast RTC

30 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Where will Nolf get seeded at 74 KG?
Sitting in Finals: Isaiah Martinez, Titan Mercury/Illinois RTC

Projected Seeds:

1. Tommy Gantt, Titan Mercury/Wolfpack WC
  2. Anthony Valencia, ASU Wrestling
  3. Logan Massa, Michigan RTC
  4. Richie Lewis, NYAC
  5. Brian Murphy, MYAC/NJRTC
  6. Dan Vallimont, NYAC/Penn RTC
  7. Joey Lavallee, Titan Mercury/Valley RTC
  8. Jared Frayer, Titan Mercury/Southeast RTC

I think he gets the 1.

He beat Gantt at 2017 US Open 10-0. They're using results from the last 2 years aren't they?

If that is 2 years to date then maybe not. If it is just dating back through 2017 it is clear cut 

3 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Is this confirmed or just speculation?

Mostly guesswork, but the consensus of everyone 'in the know' is 74kg is too big a cut for him now. A lot can change in 365 days, though.

Mostly guesswork, but the consensus of everyone 'in the know' is 74kg is too big a cut for him now. A lot can change in 365 days, though.
Naw man its confirmed. Hes said it in numerous (at least 2 I can remember so numerous maybe not choice word) interviews. But yes. Hes 100% planning on getting bigger and he said he doesnt expect strength to be an issue.

This Nolf at 74 thing is bad for the team I think. Unless James Green can get back to his form from 2-3 years ago, I’d rather have Nolf as our 70kg rep. 

I really don’t think Deakin makes the team, but I wouldn’t be mad. Some fresh blood at this weight on the world level is probably a good thing. 

I hope James Green makes me look dumb, but we need a medal here to beat Russia lost likely, especially if Taylor isn’t 100%