Katie

Predict the world team

Where is the information on who is registered for WTT at the junior and senior level?   Come on FLO, Intermat, Track, etc; help us out.  There is always a great push to buy tickets, subscribe, or pay to view, but often little information ahead of time about who is wrestling.   (I understand the contingencies and dilemmas in bracket building too far in advance, but there is a tendency toward not providing this kind information in timely manners.)

Edited by dmm53

Here's the Final X lineup:

• 57-  Gilman vs. Fix
  • 61-  Graff vs. Colon
  • 65-  Retherford vs. Yianni
  • 70-  Green vs. Deakin
  • 74-  iMart vs. JB
  • 79-  Ringer vs. Dake
  • 86-  Downey vs. Taylor
  • 92-  Nickal vs. Cox
  • 97-  Gadsen vs. Snyder
  • 125-  Steveson vs. Gwiz
Edited by Katie

21 minutes ago, Katie said:

Here's the Final X lineup:

• 57-  Gilman vs. Fix
  • 61-  Graff vs. Colon
  • 70-  Green vs. Deakin
  • 74-  iMart vs. JB
  • 79-  Ringer vs. Dake
  • 86-  Downey vs. Taylor
  • 92-  Nickal vs. Cox
  • 97-  Gadson vs. Snyder

• 57-  Gilman vs. Fix
  • 61-  Graff vs. Colon
  • 70-  Green vs. Deakin
  • 74-  iMart vs. JB
  • 79-  Ringer vs. Dake
  • 86-  Downey vs. Taylor
  • 92-  Nickal vs. Cox
  • 97-  Gadsen vs. Snyder

57, My gut is saying Gilman

61, honestly I don't know what to think, my first thought was Colon will thrash him, but the more I think about it Graff ( who has been around for quite a while with a lot of success ), could pull this off if he comes up with the right game plan. But I think Colon's loss to Suriano at BtS, served as a wake up call, and I think we see a super motivated Colon who will look to immediately pressure and impose his will on Tyler. So I have to go with Colon this year. 

65, I am thinking Yianni, although Zain had some good wins today over JO, I think Yianni just has the advantage when it comes to the scrambles, and it will be these scrambling situations that help Yianni win a World Team spot. 

70, I think Green will prevail, bit I am not very confident about it. 

74, The old lion isn't done yet. 

79, Dake finds a way. 

86, DT, although a few years ago when DT battled Heflin, Heflin gave DT everything he could handle. Now that was a few years ago, and no doubt DT is a whole other animal now, but so is PD3. But I think DT's attacks and scrambling ability wins the day. 

92, I am thinking Cox, but if Bo wins this I wouldn't be shocked. 

97, Capt America. 

125, Well I was very surprised that Gable was able up his game to the point that he was able to put a pretty good thumping on Adam. Gwiz and Gable, are two big guys that can change levels and shoot. So I am looking forward to some very competitive matches between these two. But I have to think that the Gwiz with his experience prevails this time. 

On 4/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, pamela said:

Pretty tight consensus all around for the world team. I like @Giovanni 's picks with the confidence %.

No noise for Mekhi Lewis though?  Is he planning on competing? I think JB will be our rep at 74kg but Lewis will win trials.

57kg, I've got Gilman over Fix in 2 straight matches.

61kg, I think it'll be Colon's spot, but Mega will win trials and challenge him at FinalX. Also predicting that Ramos will retire at trials if he doesn't make the world team. I hope he doesn't retire though.

92kg, Bo over J'Den at Finalx just because Nickal is still peaking and has amazing training partners around him.

I was wrong about Mega and am sad to have been right about Ramos. :(  Lewis was a N/A.

For X Finals:

57kg - I've still got Gilman over Fix

61 - Colon over Graff

65 - Yianni D over Zain

70 - Deakin over Green

74 - JB over IMart

79 - Dieringer over Dake (improbable, but I think we'll see a dad-year dip from Kyle Dake!)

86 - DT over Downey 10-0, 10-0

92 - I've still got Nickal over Cox

97 - Snyder over Gadson, and Gadson over Ice Cream

125 - Steveson over Gwiz

Pretty good list of finalists! It looks like MFS team could bring back medals in over half the weights at Worlds.

7 hours ago, pamela said:

I was wrong about Mega and am sad to have been right about Ramos. :(  Lewis was a N/A.

For X Finals:

57kg - I've still got Gilman over Fix

61 - Colon over Graff

65 - Yianni D over Zain

70 - Deakin over Green

74 - JB over IMart

79 - Dieringer over Dake (improbable, but I think we'll see a dad-year dip from Kyle Dake!)

86 - DT over Downey 10-0, 10-0

92 - I've still got Nickal over Cox

97 - Snyder over Gadson, and Gadson over Ice Cream

125 - Steveson over Gwiz

Pretty good list of finalists! It looks like MFS team could bring back medals in over half the weights at Worlds.

Very bold.  Respect.

57-  Fix

61-  Colon

65-   Yianni - but I think it’s really close

70-  Green

74-  JB - he gets past Imar this time but if I had to pick for 2020 I’d say that’s when Imar passes him (but unfortunately for Imar so does Dake and Ringer if he drops)

79-  Dake - Dake but after watching the trials I’m guessing he wishes he had made that drop to 74kg this year as people had speculated 

86-  Taylor - as long as he shows up I don’t care if he’s on one knee

92-  Cox

97-  Snyder

125-  Steveson - the term “jump levels” is overused but that’s exactly what we just witnessed in Raleigh