AIW-HS

Let’s begin the Cox/Nickal discussion now

Bo beat dean with the refs help, dean definitely had 2 by any reasonable call. Happens, but bo is in the Logan stieber camp of winning NCAA titles (except he "only" has 3)

42 minutes ago, cangemi said:

Not happening

It was asked if he could.

Anyone can be pinned.

Bo can pin anyone.

Therefore it could happen.

Doesn't mean it will.

Quit being a flower.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, MrDream said:

Just think about this....

When DT was 22/23 he was beating Tyler Caldwell 5-2

When Saduluev was 22/23 he was pinning Kyle Snyder

Let that sink in....

You’re a complete douche bag. Let that sink in

6 hours ago, Perry said:

Bo beat dean with the refs help, dean definitely had 2 by any reasonable call. Happens, but bo is in the Logan stieber camp of winning NCAA titles (except he "only" has 3)

Even I wouldn't buy this and I am such a Michigan homer I have Massa making the WTT finals against IMart. That means it is debatable, at least. I guess. If you truly want to be salty about it.

Nickal was a better wrestler that tournament. He also put out a better placement than Dean at the US Open just a month or so later.

https://www.flowrestling.org/results/5997950-uww-junior-greco-roman-trials-results/425

Cox is the man, but 97, 92, and 86 are soooo shallow domestically, it's hard to gauge talent until they meet the top guy.

Bo is talented, but as I've said before, If the previous year's world champ was from Iran, Russia or anywhere else in the world yall would be saying "win or lose this will be a good measuring stick for Bo"

Since its J'den yall question if he is talented enough to beat Bo, purely based on popularity. It's so weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not me. I half think he can beat him, but wouldn't say he is a favorite because that is the actuality of it. Cox the defending world champion in freestyle is and should be a heavy favorite. He is bigger, faster, longer, and stronger.

The other half likes saying Nickal will bring his hips and provide the pin with 100% certainly just because there is a slew of frog-throated ninny-ponce trudging through these forums that love to hate and will lose hours of sleep at the notion that someone thinks it could be true. FYI-It could happen. 

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.

Not me. I half think he can beat him, but wouldn't say he is a favorite because that is the actuality of it. Cox the defending world champion in freestyle is and should be a heavy favorite. He is bigger, faster, longer, and stronger.
The other half likes saying Nickal will bring his hips and provide the pin with 100% certainly just because there is a slew of frog-throated ninny-ponce trudging through these forums that love to hate and will lose hours of sleep at the notion that someone thinks it could be true. FYI-It could happen. 
Yeah I see Bo's pinning abilities. But the world is a big place and I just havent seen Jden "stuck" during is freestyle career. But like you say, anything can happen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Snyder hadn't been pinned in his senior freestyle career until it happened.

I don't think it will happen. If he takes match 1 but loses match 2 he will lose match 3.

Can't stick what you can't grip.

8 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

You’re a complete douche bag. Let that sink in

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I've now seen the light....DT is a better wrestler than Sadulaev. I concede. Go DT!! You're the man!!! Hooraayyyyy wrestling!!!!

11 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

Cox is our most underrated wrestler, not quite sure why... but I have some thoughts.

No reason for you to be a ponce and assume ignorance cited by politics.

It is simple. He has wrestled a lot of close, low scoring matches dating back a long, long time.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

The other half likes saying Nickal will bring his hips

Found Tim Johnson's account. Glad to know his key to the match is that Nickal brings his hips to the party!

1 hour ago, MrDream said:

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I've now seen the light....DT is a better wrestler than Sadulaev. I concede. Go DT!! You're the man!!! Hooraayyyyy wrestling!!!!

Literally nobody is saying that David Taylor is better than Sadulaev.   You are arguing with yourself due to some bizarre need to diminish him, presumably resulting from your own lengthy list of inadequacies.   

26 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Found Tim Johnson's account. Glad to know his key to the match is that Nickal brings his hips to the party!

I'm not Tim.

1 hour ago, Cradle1 said:

Literally nobody is saying that David Taylor is better than Sadulaev.   You are arguing with yourself due to some bizarre need to diminish him, presumably resulting from your own lengthy list of inadequacies.   

I'm confused.....

1). I didn't bring up DT's ranking on this mysterious P4P list...someone else did....and I gave my opinion that he isn't in the conversation with Sadulaev based on DT's 2018 campaign. In my opinion one year doesn't automatically put you in the discussion....I saw from this thread that some people do believe after 1 year of dominating a very weak division outside of Yazdani, who anyone with an IQ over a potato can see isn't the same as he was with 1 day weigh ins.

2). Again, I gave my opinion and then yes, mocked others, it's called trolling, that's the only free one I'll give ya. 

Yep, should be awesome.  Somewhere between epic and beyond.  This is fire and ice.   Offense vs Defense.  Two likely hall of famers.  I'm bummed they can't both be on our team.  I have heard that Bo is going mma, but absolutely nothing surprises me anymore with this animal.  We have raw world class athletes at a few of our weights, but both of these guys are in the exceptional athletic range.   The top ranked wrestler in the world vs the top of a very very good college class.

20 hours ago, MrDream said:

I'm confused.....

1). I didn't bring up DT's ranking on this mysterious P4P list...someone else did....and I gave my opinion that he isn't in the conversation with Sadulaev based on DT's 2018 campaign. In my opinion one year doesn't automatically put you in the discussion....I saw from this thread that some people do believe after 1 year of dominating a very weak division outside of Yazdani, who anyone with an IQ over a potato can see isn't the same as he was with 1 day weigh ins.

2). Again, I gave my opinion and then yes, mocked others, it's called trolling, that's the only free one I'll give ya. 

So let me get this straight. Yazdani has moved up from 163 to 189  but he is too big for the weight class?   I could be wrong  as I don’t have inside information about his walk around weight, but I just don’t think this is a factor.... Yazdani  wrecked everyone else at worlds on his way to bronze. It’s only Taylor that has made him look human at this weight class to the best of my knowledge.

Sadulaev is clearly number one On the pound for pound list. Any argument to the contrary is crazy. But I don’t think that putting Taylor in the top three looking at the last two years is crazy.  However, I could see the argument for him not being in the top three in the US as well, it’s very subjective and how far back do you look, etc. I just don’t think we need to act like its still 2016 and his credentials are Spanish Grand Prix champion.

Furthermore, I have to reject the idea that an entire weight class can be weak at the world level. This is not like saying, 182 was weak in Illinois this year. There’s a whole freaking planet, and this is an Olympic weight so it would seem to me that a lot of top wrestlers would gravitate there.  So maybe when Taylor smashes the guy in the finals by technical fall after pinning him previously he’s just that good.

Finally, you can’t boil it down to one or two matches. Sure Sadulaev pinned Snyder at worlds quickly. He’s also lost him in a full six minute match. He’s also had all kinds of close matches at other tournaments and Russian nationals.

But I can appreciate that trolling can be a good diversion sometimes LOL.

Edited by Cradle1

13 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Furthermore, I have to reject the idea that an entire weight class can be weak at the world level.

Completely agree. It's not like we're talking about the world curling championships or the world underwater hockey championships (I recently learned there is such a thing).

Maybe Taylor was the best P4P last year as he wrecked everyone.  But that is one year, albeit, a fantastic one.  Taylor has one World medal over the past 4 years.  Sad has 4 world medals over the last 4 years.  Snyder has 4 world medals over the last 4 years.  And all three have been active the last 4 years.  Taylor just came into his own last year and was a wrecking ball.  Very exciting to watch. 

mspart