AIW-HS

Let’s begin the Cox/Nickal discussion now

58 minutes ago, mspart said:

Maybe Taylor was the best P4P last year as he wrecked everyone.  But that is one year, albeit, a fantastic one.  Taylor has one World medal over the past 4 years.  Sad has 4 world medals over the last 4 years.  Snyder has 4 world medals over the last 4 years.  And all three have been active the last 4 years.  Taylor just came into his own last year and was a wrecking ball.  Very exciting to watch. 

mspart

See...that's where we disagree. 

I believe Sadulaev's 2018 campaign was more impressive than DT's. 

20-0 with a 65% tech/pin rate and teched/pinned everyone he wrestled at World's....including Mr. Snyder. 

Believe me, I'm a huge Taylor fan(wrestles how I believe everyone should....SCORE!), it's just a little nauseating and unbecoming to hear people beat their chest about him for....ONE year and now people are putting him in some P4P ranking.

3 hours ago, MrDream said:

See...that's where we disagree. 

I believe Sadulaev's 2018 campaign was more impressive than DT's. 

20-0 with a 65% tech/pin rate and teched/pinned everyone he wrestled at World's....including Mr. Snyder. 

Believe me, I'm a huge Taylor fan(wrestles how I believe everyone should....SCORE!), it's just a little nauseating and unbecoming to hear people beat their chest about him for....ONE year and now people are putting him in some P4P ranking.

Any P4P ranking that doesn’t have Taylor on the list is a joke. Rankings are a snapshot, how good people are TODAY not what their trophy case looks like. Nobody who watched last year’s world championships should leave him off a P4P list. He’s not #1 but he absolutely needs to be on the list based on the last 12-18 months.

He only has one world medal because he’s only made one senior world team...and that’s because for years the #1 P4P wrestler in the world was an American at his weight. Aside from Burroughs the only other 2 guys that have beat him (Dake and Cox) are also reigning world champions.

Any P4P ranking that doesn’t have Taylor on the list is a joke. Rankings are a snapshot, how good people are TODAY not what their trophy case looks like. Nobody who watched last year’s world championships should leave him off a P4P list. He’s not #1 but he absolutely needs to be on the list based on the last 12-18 months.
He only has one world medal because he’s only made one senior world team...and that’s because for years the #1 P4P wrestler in the world was an American at his weight. Aside from Burroughs the only other 2 guys that have beat him (Dake and Cox) are also reigning world champions.
He's on the lb for lb ranking, just not in the top ten.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, MDogg said:

I agree he should be on a P4P list.....just not "arguably" the best. 

Current List (In my opinion)

1). Sadulaev

2). Snyder

3). Sidakova

4). Dake

5). Gazi

6). Uguev

7). Rashidov

8). Burroughs

9). Cox

10). Akgul

11). Petra

12). Hasanov (Maybe a stretch, but he wrestled Dake VERY tough at the WC)

Then you start getting into guys bursting onto the scene or guys with a couple World Medals(In no order)....Otoguro, Bjarang, Bonne, Chakaev, DT, Kentchazde, Yazdani, Takahashi, Valdes. 

I'm sure there are guys I'm leaving off. 

All of these guys are either multiple time World Medalists or bursted onto the scene and took down a major factor at their respective weight. In my rating, I always give the nod to a guy who has multiple medals AND doesn't show that age is deterring their performance. I could see how someone could put DT in front of Hasnaov, but I don't see how he can jump 1-11. 

Again.....this is my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Correct. Aside from Sadulaev, who had a better 2018 than Taylor? I can’t think of any off the top of my head. 

34 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

He's on the lb for lb ranking, just not in the top ten.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's a bit ridiculous. The dude has smashed everybody except for Cox (a 3x medalist and 1x champ) for two years. Any list that doesn't have him in the top 10 is just ludicrous.

9 minutes ago, Katie said:

Correct. Aside from Sadulaev, who had a better 2018 than Taylor? I can’t think of any off the top of my head. 

Serious question....do you watch any international freestyle that doesn't involve the US? 

Guys who had impressive 2018's

SIdakova - Only loss was to Tsabolov and he took down Burroughs at the World Championships. 

Otoguro - Undefeated. Beat Chakaev and Bajarang at the World Championships. Oh yeah...he's 19. 

There's two off the top of my head that had unreal years at tough weights. 

Edited by MrDream

17 minutes ago, MrDream said:

1). Sadulaev

2). Snyder

3). Sidakova

4). Dake

5). Gazi

6). Uguev

7). Rashidov

8). Burroughs

9). Cox

10). Akgul

11). Petra

Then you start getting into guys bursting onto the scene or guys with a couple World Medals(In no order)....Otoguro, Bjarang, Bonne, Chakaev, DT, Kentchazde, Yazdani, Takahashi, Valdes. 

All of these guys are either multiple time World Medalists or bursted onto the scene and took down a major factor at their respective weight. In my rating, I always give the nod to a guy who has multiple medals AND doesn't show that age is deterring their performance. I could see how someone could put DT in front of Hasnaov, but I don't see how he can jump 1-11. 

Dake has also only wrestled in 1 world championships and yet he is 4th. Same with Sidakov. Gazi as well and he didn't even make the finals. Uguev only has 2 and was 0-1 in his first attempt. Taylor has a tech fall win over Hasanov. Your list is very bad and this is a very poor troll attempt.

4 hours ago, MrDream said:

Serious question....do you watch any international freestyle that doesn't involve the US? 

Guys who had impressive 2018's

SIdakova - Only loss was to Tsabolov and he took down Burroughs at the World Championships. 

Otoguro - Undefeated. Beat Chakaev and Bajarang at the World Championships. Oh yeah...he's 19. 

There's two off the top of my head that had unreal years at tough weights. 

I don’t feel like doing the research, but I thought Taylor was an undefeated world champ last year, which would put him ahead of anyone who lost. 

I didn’t realize Otoguro was undefeated in 2018 as well. Not sure what he did in 2018 before worlds but he very well may have topped Taylor.

EDIT: after a quick search, I’d still put Taylor above Otoguro. Taylor won titles at Yarygin, Pan Ams, and Yasar Dogu.  Otoguro was less active, only winning the All-Japan Invitational.

Edited by Katie

4 minutes ago, MrDream said:

1). Sadulaev

2). Snyder

3). Sidakova

4). Dake

5). Gazi

6). Uguev

7). Rashidov

8). Burroughs

9). Cox

10). Akgul

11). Petra

I respect your opinion and you clearly know a lot about foreign wrestlers, but how can you have Dake at #4 and DT not even in the top 12? 

Let me ask you this: if Yazdani had beaten Taylor where would he be on your list?

I love Burroughs, but no question in my mind DT has eclipsed him on the P4P list today. There’s just no possible way you can make the argument for Burroughs over Taylor without relying on stuff Burroughs did 18+ months ago. If the world’s started tomorrow and you had to bet your house on one of them winning gold, would you bet Burroughs over Taylor (ignoring the knee injury). If the world’s started tomorrow I would pick DT as the biggest favorite of all team USA to win in...and he’s in an Olympic weight the year before the Olympics. 

Based on your list I respectfully think it’s more of a blend of “lifetime achievement” plus P4P than an actual P4P rankings as of today.

58 minutes ago, Katie said:

I don’t feel like doing the research, but I thought Taylor was an undefeated world champ last year, which would put him ahead of anyone who lost. 

I didn’t realize Otoguro was undefeated in 2018 as well. Not sure what he did in 2018 but he very well may have topped Taylor.

EDIT: after a quick search, I’d still put Taylor above Otoguro. Taylor won titles at Yarygin, Pan Ams, and Yasar Dogu.  Otoguro was less active, only winning the All-Japan Invitational.

Are you sure you're comfortable putting Taylor over the guy you didn't know existed without Google?  Great unbiased opinion.  

17 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Are you sure you're comfortable putting Taylor over the guy you didn't know existed without Google?  Great unbiased opinion.  

Wow so when I posted about Otoguro in the past I didn’t yet know he existed ? I must be awesome. 

Edited by Katie

J'Den , all day long.  

Anything is possible but J'Den winning the first 2 is likely to happen.  

After seeing Bo and Taylor "play wrestle" and Kyle and J'den's 1 minute go, it reaffirmed my position in my mind.

Just now, BigTimeFan said:

Tell you what. DT had an impressive campaign but Sad would wreck him. Plain and simple. DT isn’t at his level 

Oh boy....this ought to get a reaction!

LOLzzzz