Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Yianni's potential opponenets

Recommended Posts

Man Yianni vs Aliyev would be insane.   

Bonne has lost to 3 Americans since worlds. Either he is regressing back to the mean and last year was an anomaly or he is not taking wrestling tournaments seriously at the moment. I'm very confident Yianni beats him soundly. 

Chakaev vs Yianni is a must see. Chakaev stylistcally may be a tough matchup. He is damn good.

I haven't seen a lot of Kuular, but he smashed McKenna and other solid guys. 

Thanks for posting these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Bonne has lost to 3 Americans since worlds. Either he is regressing back to the mean and last year was an anomaly or he is not taking wrestling tournaments seriously at the moment. I'm very confident Yianni beats him soundly. 

 

This is incorrect, Bonne did not show up to the tournament where he supposedly lost to Whitford and Clark.  He did lose to Colon though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly think Yianni would make world team this year and is a solid medal contender for this year world championships. Apart from above, following are few opponents which i think will be interesting to see against Yianni

1. Bajrang - this is happening part of BTS on 6th May. Although Bajrang is a beast, i think Yianni has a chance to beat him. I can't wait to see this match

2. Otoguro (JPN) - we might see this match in this years worlds 

3. Magomedmurad Gadhziev (POL) - although he is competing at 70kg lately, i think he will come down (as he did for 2016 Oly) for this years worlds and 2020 oly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

I strongly think Yianni would make world team this year and is a solid medal contender for this year world championships. Apart from above, following are few opponents which i think will be interesting to see against Yianni

1. Bajrang - this is happening part of BTS on 6th May. Although Bajrang is a beast, i think Yianni has a chance to beat him. I can't wait to see this match

2. Otoguro (JPN) - we might see this match in this years worlds 

3. Magomedmurad Gadhziev (POL) - although he is competing at 70kg lately, i think he will come down (as he did for 2016 Oly) for this years worlds and 2020 oly

Is Otoguro wrestling at worlds? I’m not familiar with Japan’s qualification process, but they had somebody else at Asians

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gantry said:

This is incorrect, Bonne did not show up to the tournament where he supposedly lost to Whitford and Clark.  He did lose to Colon though...

Oh really? I’ve seen it in multiple places. My bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Is Otoguro wrestling at worlds? I’m not familiar with Japan’s qualification process, but they had somebody else at Asians

UWW reported Otoguro came down with a knee injury (bursitis?) right before Asians and Japan entered Shimizu, who got knocked out of the bracket in the quarters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

UWW reported Otoguro came down with a knee injury (bursitis?) right before Asians and Japan entered Shimizu, who got knocked out of the bracket in the quarters.

 

 

Yup I’m just not sure what rules Japan uses. Does that eliminate Otoguro as their rep? I hope not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

I strongly think Yianni would make world team this year and is a solid medal contender for this year world championships. Apart from above, following are few opponents which i think will be interesting to see against Yianni

1. Bajrang - this is happening part of BTS on 6th May. Although Bajrang is a beast, i think Yianni has a chance to beat him. I can't wait to see this match

2. Otoguro (JPN) - we might see this match in this years worlds 

3. Magomedmurad Gadhziev (POL) - although he is competing at 70kg lately, i think he will come down (as he did for 2016 Oly) for this years worlds and 2020 oly

Bajrang is in Dagestan now and he made final in Ali Aliev memoria. He looks good but i think he is not a tough opponent for Yianni, oh i forget....Otoguro. After the World, we don't see him. Need to look at him more. Gadzhiev....hm.... he sometimes has bad condition and loss many times. If we see Gadzhiev version 2015 or when he competed for Russia....maybe he will be a very difficult opponent for Cornell Greece man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

Bajrang is in Dagestan now and he made final in Ali Aliev memoria. He looks good but i think he is not a tough opponent for Yianni, oh i forget....Otoguro. After the World, we don't see him. Need to look at him more. Gadzhiev....hm.... he sometimes has bad condition and loss many times. If we see Gadzhiev version 2015 or when he competed for Russia....maybe he will be a very difficult opponent for Cornell Greece man 

Cornell Greece Man! New Yianni nickname. I’m in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×