Sign in to follow this  
Chitown

Props to Suriano tonight

1 hour ago, Coach_J said:

I'm in the crew eating crow--thought Colon would house him.  But no chance to lock a gut means diminished chance to win for Colon.  Much to be decided at FX, but a solid win.

Not sure if Suriano is going to trials. Hope he does. So many interesting matchups

16 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

P4P Suriano is the strongest wrestler in the world.  Virtually impossible to penetrate his defense.

I believe he has world class functional strength and nearly world class neutral defense, but even I wouldn't say that with much confidence.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I believe he has world class functional strength and nearly world class neutral defense, but even I wouldn't say that with much confidence.

Otherworldly strength. Zain was asked right after his win over Frank Molinaro to make the World Team two years ago if the @Hukk” was the strongest wrestler he ever faced.  Retherford, weighing 2 or 3 weight classes over Suriano didn’t hesitate a second. He quickly answered that  Suriano is the strongest wrestler he ever went against. 

8 minutes ago, Wrestlingbcpc said:

Otherworldly strength. Zain was asked right after his win over Frank Molinaro to make the World Team two years ago if the @Hukk” was the strongest wrestler he ever faced.  Retherford, weighing 2 or 3 weight classes over Suriano didn’t hesitate a second. He quickly answered that  Suriano is the strongest wrestler he ever went against. 

When did Zain wrestle Suriano?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

They both attended Penn State together for a season.

Wow, dumb post by me. I wasn't even thinking of them being in the room together at PSU.

2 hours ago, Erminio8 said:

Wow, dumb post by me. I wasn't even thinking of them being in the room together at PSU.

Yeah it is pretty nuts. 

Imagine if Suriano hadn't gotten injured and had stayed at PSU

2017: PSU won 146-110 - with Suriano not injured, if he had wrestled to seed (2) they would've had around 166 points. He also had wins over both finalists. This would've given PSU 6 finalists and at least 5 champs. 

2018: PSU won 141.5-133.5 - with Suriano, who placed 2nd, they would've had 160 points (or so...didn't look up his bonus rate). This would've given PSU 6 finalists again.

2019: PSU won 137.5-96.5 - with suriano, who placed 1st, they would've had 160 points (or so...). This would've, for the 3rd year in a row, given PSU 6 finalists. 

Not to mention, Suriano would've helped make RBY and Nick Lee even better. 

This makes me wonder how strong Spencer Lee is.  He's the only guy I've seen who was really able to move Suriano around and out of position.  Other guys that have taken Suriano down have relied on a super quick single leg, but Lee was the only guy that I've seen who was able to decisively win the position battle against him

On 5/7/2019 at 9:38 PM, Dr. Novak said:

Wrong.

You might be right. However I always think of Tomasello as the strongest wrestler and Gilman seems to manhandle him physically every time.  What makes Gilman unique to me  is that he is relatively tall for the weight yet somehow freakishly strong at the same time.  

No doubt Suriano is a freak at 133 too. Both carry such a high  lean body mass it’s Almost like they are a full weight class bigger than their opponents.