That didnt look good, will this impact our chances of medalling/winning worlds this year? Can anyone domestically contend with an injured Taylor or will he Jason nolf his way to the world team? Hope he has a speedy recovery. This may deter guys from competing in this event in the future with it being so close to the final x events.

Well hopefully for DT, this injury will not present much of an issue going forward. But since we are talking about injuries, I have to ask how many people flew off the stage tonight, ( and add in last year's Final X, when Gadson drove Kyle off the stage ), I would have to say that something needs to be done with the size of these stages. We can't continue to risk injury to our best wrestlers. 

I was thinking the same thing when Ben was driven off the mat.  A professional athlete from another sport steps up to take on the champ, and had a potential million dollar injury right off the bat.  Last year it was the humidity issues where the mats were slip and slide which was very dangerous also.  Not quite as dangerous, but I think JB risked bursting a blood vessel in his forehead  or at least a hernia, by lifting BIG Ben on that first takedown, hehe.

9 hours ago, Perry said:

That didnt look good, will this impact our chances of medalling/winning worlds this year? Can anyone domestically contend with an injured Taylor or will he Jason nolf his way to the world team? Hope he has a speedy recovery. This may deter guys from competing in this event in the future with it being so close to the final x events.

Since Taylor is a returning world medalist, he can request a delay in his final x qualification series matches until the Team departs for their pre-worlds acclimation camp (late August/early Sept?).  He was putting weight on his bad leg as he walked off of the mat, so hopefully it's nothing too serious....

Edited by gromit

26 minutes ago, gromit said:

Since Taylor is a returning world medalist, he can request a delay in his final x qualification series matches until the Team departs for their pre-worlds acclimation camp (late August/early Sept?).  He was putting weight on his bad leg as he walked off of the mat, so hopefully it's nothing too serious....

Yeah but if he can’t wrestle until late August, he is likely going to be rusty. Taylor’s style requires him to have peak confidence and cardio. I’m worried about him. 

1 hour ago, gromit said:

I don't have any inside information, but this can be very deceiving. I had a teammate tear his acl mid-match. He finished the match and walked off with only a slight limp and would have probably wrestled again that day if it weren't the last dual of the invitational. I am very concerned about this.

Obviously, DT's injury didn't result from this, but this is now two years in a row now, BTS has taken place under dangerous conditions. The slip and slide mat last year and the tiny stage this year. That's unacceptable and if I was an athlete, I would have serious reservations about this event going forward.

While it was going down and Bo Nickal was standing there, I was kind of hoping Bo would put on a singlet and wrestle for DT real quick.  Bo needs to drop if DT can't go.  

The way it seemed to "catch" the second time leads me to think meniscus. If the knee had been loose when checked by the trainer indicating possible ACL, no way he tries to continue.

I agree... was thinking the exact same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, gromit said:

Putting weight on it means nothing. Yianni wrestled two matches and finished a third without an ACL in Cleveland last year.

I am no doctor but it looked like they performed a Lachman Test on his ACL. If he failed that, there was no way they were letting him continue.

The problem with the internet is that we want answers NOW. As Aaron Rodgers would say.........

I do hate people taking "I'll be back" and "dont worry" as signs that the injury isn't significant. If its not significant say, "was just a little strain but nothing serious. Final X and Worlds wont be an issue".... he didnt, so I assume its more "something" than "nothing"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, scramble said:

If it is a meniscus he will be back for sure.  It could be much worse. 

Not if the entire meniscus came off the bone. That requires drilling into bone, lassoing the meniscus and then threading and anchoring the tendon. That kind of injury needs time to heal. Not even a world class athlete would be full strength in 3 to 4 months. 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, TBar1977 said:

Not if the entire meniscus came off the bone. That requires drilling into bone, lassoing the meniscus and then threading and anchoring the tendon. That kind of injury needs time to heal. Not even a world class athlete would be full strength in 3 to 4 months. 

OMG a post where you actually add information.