Crash

Full List of Team Trial Qualifiers

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I voted for you when I was 9 years old in my 5th grade mock election.

Thanks, that means a lot. People like you have a special place in my heart.

Back to the subject:

I have absolutely no clue how they will seed medals from previous seasons at lower weights.  165 comes to mind here.  If both Richie and Mehki Lewis show up I could see them seeding them both 2 then 3 with Valencia and Massa at 4 and 5, respectfully, or I could see them put Valencia at the 2 and Massa at the 3 with Ritchie and Mekhi at the 4 and 5.  I do expect them to be consistent down the lineup, so if the Lewis duo are 2 and 3, then I would expect them to favor, say Moore over Cassar(if Moore were to choose to go 97kg instead of 92kg).

Here is a wild stab, mind you with no clue on how they seed past age group medals.  I am going to go ahead and say they do a case by case for the NCAA champions.  Those in ITALICS will be people I don't expect to show up at that weight.  That means everybody below them moves on up in seeds.  I included some at more than one weight. This is due to speculation based on Taylor's injury or the fact that they were qualified at a different weight than they showed up to for the Open.  I am also penalizing everyone who defaulted out to 6th place as if they wrestled to 6th place.  Disclaimer: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION.  I saw nobody else attempt seeding of them, aside for FLO.

Bold is my pick as of now.  I reserve the right to change them in future predictions as it gets closer.

57kg: No Spencer.  Brand Bros being mean to the fans.

1-Thomas Gilman
2-Spencer Lee
3-Zane Richards
4-Josh Mueller
5-Vito Arujau
6-Darian Cruz
7-Nathan Tomasello-Fix wins best of three.
8-Frank Perrelli
9-Zach Sanders
10-Josh Rodriguez

61kg: No Nicky Pushups and Saunders will be gunning for Juniors again and has outgrown 61.

1-Nahshon Garrett
2-Nick Suriano
3-Nico Megaludis-Colon wins best of three.
4-Joey Palmer
5-Tyler Graff
6-Cory Clark
7-Anthony Ramos
8-Austin Gomez
9-Sean Fausz
10-Joshua Saunders

11-Earl Hall
12-Shelton Mack

65kg: This possibly puts Heil VS Reth as well as Oliver VS Reth prior to the finals.

1-Zain Retherford-Zain wins best of three over the Greek Freak.
2-Jayson Ness
3-Frank Molinaro
4-Jaydin Eierman
5-Jordan Oliver
6-Dom Demas
7-Kanen Storr
8-Dean Heil
9-Bernard Futrell
10-Mitch KcKee
11-Colton McCrystal

70kg: I am hoping Molinaro shows up at 70kg.  He has a better shot at making the team that way.

1-James Green
2-Jason Nolf-Nolf wins best of three over Deakin.
3-Frank Molinaro
4-Hayden Hidlay
5-Alec Pantaleo
6-Brandon Sorenson
7-Nazar Kulchytskyy
8-Jason Chamberlain
9-Anthony Ashnault
10-Brady Berge
11-Mario Mason

74kg: I favored Mekhi's gold and Richie's world medal from two years ago over US Open placements by those who wrestled it.

1-Tommy Gantt
2-Mekhi Lewis
3-Richie Lewis
4-Anthony Valencia
5-Logan Massa-IMart wins best of three. This is mainly a fanboy pick as of now.
6-Brian Murphy
7-Dan Vallimont
8-Jared Frayer
9-Joey Lavallee
10-Alex Smythe

79kg: This will be Mark Hall's weight to lose.

1-Zahid Valencia
2-Mark Hall-Ringer wins best of three.
3-David McFadden
4-Chance Marstellar
5-Nathan Jackson
6-Aaron Brooks

7-Chandler Rogers
8-Nick Becker
9-Matthew Finesilver
10-Geno Morelli
11-Stacey Davis
12-Ben Harvey

86kg: Zahid is gunning for it.

1-Nick Heflin
2-Bo Nickal
3-Zahid Valencia-Wins best of three over PD3.
4-Sammy Brooks
5-Brett Pfarr
6-Nate Jackson
7-Myles Martin
8-Kenneth Courts
9-Drew Foster
10-Lou Deprez
11-Nino Bonaccorsi

92kg: Bo will be waiting in the best of three.

1-Hayden Zillmer
2-Michael Macchiavello
3-TJ Dudley
4-Kollin Moore-Bo wins best of three.
5-Riley Lefever
6-Jacob Warner
7-Timmy McCall
8-Scottie Boykin
9-Christian Brunner

97kg: Cassar is more of a hope.  I don't actually believe he'll show.  I am leaving him 'un-bolded' though.

1-Ben Honis
2-Danny Chaid
3-Ty Waltz-Gadson wins best of three.
4-Kollin Moore
5-Anthony Cassar
6-Kevin Beazley
7-Michael Boykin
8-Greg Kerkvliet
9-Zach Elam

10-Wynn Michalak
11-Jeremiah Imonode

125kg:

1-Tony Nelson
2-Dom Bradley
3-Gable Steveson-Coon wins best of three.
4-Derek White
5-Youssif Hemida
6-David Tate
7-Garrett Ryan
8-Nick Nevills
9-Mike Kosoy

Edited by nhs67

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

61kg: No Nicky Pushups and Saunders will be gunning for Juniors again and has outgrown 61.

1-Nahshon Garrett
2-Nick Suriano
3-Nico Megaludis-Colon wins best of three.
4-Joey Palmer
5-Tyler Graff
6-Cory Clark
7-Anthony Ramos
8-Austin Gomez
9-Sean Fausz
10-Joshua Saunders

11-Earl Hall
12-Shelton Mack

So when you push the seeds up with Suriano out, you would have 1) Garrett 2) Mega 3) Palmer 4) Graff 5) Clark 6) Ramos

Graff has beaten Clark twice (in Spain last summer and at the Open..... the 2nd period of their meeting in Vegas was crazy.... don't think I've ever seen someone get 4 exposures but still lose by 9, as Clark did).  Palmer beat Ramos in Vegas, but it was close until at big move at the very end... I think Ramos can find a way to win this time.  That would leave Garrett-Graff and Mega-Ramos as the semis.  Graff has beaten Garrett before.  Garrett won 5-3 in their most recent meeting.  Not sure how close to 100% Garrett will be, but I think this is the hinge match for him..... if he's strong enough to beat Graff, he'll win the Challenge tournament and beat Brewer and Colon too IMO.  Ramos beat Mega like 5 years ago 1-0 in the most boring match ever.  Not sure they've met in free since then.  I'd expect a pretty low-scoring close match, but Mega has looked better recently.

I think the most likely scenario is Garrett beats everyone.  But could see Mega or Graff winning the challenge tournament too.  And I think both of them would have a great shot against Brewer too (Mega was winning 3-0 in Vegas, Graff has teched Brewer twice.... last year he did it in 34 seconds!)

20 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

So when you push the seeds up with Suriano out, you would have 1) Garrett 2) Mega 3) Palmer 4) Graff 5) Clark 6) Ramos

Graff has beaten Clark twice (in Spain last summer and at the Open..... the 2nd period of their meeting in Vegas was crazy.... don't think I've ever seen someone get 4 exposures but still lose by 9, as Clark did).  Palmer beat Ramos in Vegas, but it was close until at big move at the very end... I think Ramos can find a way to win this time.  That would leave Garrett-Graff and Mega-Ramos as the semis.  Graff has beaten Garrett before.  Garrett won 5-3 in their most recent meeting.  Not sure how close to 100% Garrett will be, but I think this is the hinge match for him..... if he's strong enough to beat Graff, he'll win the Challenge tournament and beat Brewer and Colon too IMO.  Ramos beat Mega like 5 years ago 1-0 in the most boring match ever.  Not sure they've met in free since then.  I'd expect a pretty low-scoring close match, but Mega has looked better recently.

I think the most likely scenario is Garrett beats everyone.  But could see Mega or Graff winning the challenge tournament too.  And I think both of them would have a great shot against Brewer too (Mega was winning 3-0 in Vegas, Graff has teched Brewer twice.... last year he did it in 34 seconds!)

I have Graff beating a 100% healthy but not 100% lungs Garrett and Nico beating Graff 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I have Graff beating a 100% healthy but not 100% lungs Garrett and Nico beating Graff 

Very possible.  Given his history vs both, it would be huge for Nico's chances if Graff could pull that upset. 

Reupping this with Nahshon out.... hard to see how seeds could be anything other than:  1) Mega 2) Palmer 3) Graff 4) Clark 5) Ramos 6) Hall 7) Mack 

On the top side, Clark seems to have Ramos figured out and Mega smashed Clark pretty good, so the path seems pretty clear for Mega. However, Clark nearly pinned Mega in the 2018 US Open, so his best chance might be to hit a big move like Brewer did. Also, if Ramos can solve Clark, I think he might matchup a bit better vs. Mega. 

On the bottom side, Palmer-Mack should be close, but Palmer has pulled out many close matches, so would expect him to do the same here.  Graff teched Hall at the Open pretty quickly.  Palmer beat Graff twice (both by criteria) at the Open, but I still like Graff's chances if they meet up again.  (Reminds me of last year when Graff lost to Morrison at a prior tournament, but teched him at WTT).

So Mega/Graff seems like the most likely final.  Mega beat Graff twice last year, but the matches were very different.  In the first one, Mega got to Graff's legs repeatedly and won 10-0.  In the rematch, Graff did a much better job of keeping distance between them and preventing Nico from getting to his legs, but Mega used his splits to counter a Graff attack to not only get his takedown, but a couple of laces as well in a 7-2 win.  I would expect a similar matchup this time.... few takedowns and whoever can score from par terre will probably win.

Here are my picks for winner of WTT:

Men’s Freestyle

57 kg
2018 Senior Men’s Freestyle World Team member – Thomas Gilman (Titan Mercury/Hawkeye WC)
61 kg
2019 NCAA Division I champion – Nick Suriano (133 pounds) (NJRTC)
65 kg
U.S. Open runner-up – Zain Retherford (Nittany Lion WC)
70 kg
2018 Senior Men’s Freestyle World Team member – James Green (Sunkist Kids)
74 kg
World Team Trials Challenge finalist: Isaiah Martinez, 2019 U.S. Open champion (Titan Mercury WC)

79 kg
World Team Trials Challenge finalist: Alex Dieringer, 2019 U.S. Open champion (Titan Mercury WC/Cowboy RTC)

86 kg
2019 NCAA Division I champion – Drew Foster (184 pounds) (Northern Iowa)
92 kg
World Team Trials Challenge finalist: Bo Nickal, 2019 U.S. Open champion (Nittany Lions WC)
97 kg
World Team Trials Challenge finalist: Kyven Gadson, 2019 U.S. Open champion (Sunkist Kids)

125 kg
World Team Trials Challenge finalist: Adam Coon, 2019 U.S. Open champion (New York AC/Cliff Keen WC)

mspart