Eagle26

Yianni final scoring sequence

52 minutes ago, LJB said:

Come on...

that’s not live or even the position or situation being discussed...

Sorry that's all you get.  Unfortunately it isn't easy to search matches by the moves used in them.  Any luck finding a video of someone completely letting go of the leg on a high-c to defend the crotch lift in competition?

33 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

UMMMM.......what?

Watch your video.  Not a crotch lift.  Not the move Kolat is showing. It is a modified leg lace, Simmons' ankles are crossed.  Cejudo exposes him a couple times too.

7 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Watch your video.  Not a crotch lift.  Not the move Kolat is showing. It is a modified leg lace, Simmons' ankles are crossed.  Cejudo exposes him a couple times too.

Lol it's a modified crotch lift into a leg lace! I see what you are saying, but he loads his hip, pulls the foot up, blocks with right hand and lifts.  Not a twisting motion on the first turn.

You get those ankles crossed and it is a lace, I don't care what direction you take it.  And certainly not the move that Kolat is demonstrating or Yianni was exposed with.  

Speaking of scoring sequences.
I rewatched Yianni/JO... and that match was close as hell for a tech fall.

Obvi JO gave up towards the end, but I think Yianni is hoping he isnt the one to make it to final X.

He seemed more "in control" of both Zain and Molinaro.... JO match just ended solidly for him.

Note* I'd prefer Yianni be our rep, just saying, that match was a lot closer than the score suggested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Speaking of scoring sequences.
I rewatched Yianni/JO... and that match was close as hell for a tech fall.

Obvi JO gave up towards the end, but I think Yianni is hoping he isnt the one to make it to final X.

He seemed more "in control" of both Zain and Molinaro.... JO match just ended solidly for him.

Note* I'd prefer Yianni be our rep, just saying, that match was a lot closer than the score suggested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I agree with your assessment of the matches but I think that means Yianni wants JO. There is no way JO, with his weight cut, cardio issues and mistakes late in matches, wins 2/3 vs the most clutch wrestler in the us besides Burroughs. 

Zain is strong and tough positionally. He also has a fast pace and doesn’t get that tired. Yianni can beat him and is the favorite, but I don’t think it’s by much given the format. It wouldn’t be surprising at all if Zain messes up Yianni’s nose in the first match, and then for matches 2 and 3 Yianni is constantly bleeding and can’t breathe through his nose.  Zain is  the toughest matchup for yianni the US has I think. 

Molinaro is not looking great, but I can never count him out. Yianni seems to be a terrible stylistic matchup and both Zain and JO are favorites over him. Yianni would ideally want Molinaro but I don’t think that’s happening. 

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I agree with your assessment of the matches but I think that means Yianni wants JO. There is no way JO, with his weight cut, cardio issues and mistakes late in matches, wins 2/3 vs the most clutch wrestler in the us besides Burroughs. 

I think Oliver makes Final X.  He is 3-0 against Retherford and if he made a back and forth match look like a blowout against Yanni he turned a blowout into a close match with Zain at AWL in the fall.  Final was  13-11, but he was up 13-4 with 1:20 left before fading.  Similar to his Yanni loss, against Bajrang this year he was up 3-0 (pushout and TD) it was 3-3 at the break and then lost 11-3.  I'm not sure how much the weight cut is the cause, of his tendency to fade late in matches, but in contrast in Olvier's BTS matches last year and the year before he finished strong.