Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

USA freestyle a fans dream

Looking at the roster to the Russian womens national soccer team a is the most common last letter in the last name in the transliterations on wikipedia, but there is also one each with an o, i, k, and y.  Not sure if they are not eastern slavic or the rule is more complex than simply adding an a in all instances.  Also the captain of the Russian mens national soccer team has a last name that ends in a in the transliteration on wikipedia.  

On 5/8/2019 at 2:17 PM, Katie said:

I think a few things have helped us improve:

• Internet resources like Flowrestling have helped youth coaches and young wrestlers with technique. 
  • The regional training center system has been a success. It just fits our overall development system much better. 
  • There’s now more money available to wrestlers, including from endorsements, Living the Dream, camps, etc. It helps our top guys extend their careers.

Add to that Brandon Slay and the things he implemented (he was big part of RTC system) and his work with the age groups during his time at the OTC. We are seeing the fruit of that labor now. 

I didn't see any ending in i other than one that looked like it did but was too long and truncated at i Margarita Chernomyrdina. I suspect that some of the others aren't all pure Russian (although that's somewhat like saying pure American)

20 hours ago, ionel said:

What does when Synder was born have to do with "the first brick?"

Only the foundation can be laid before someone was born, the first brick has to be placed after birth. ;)

3 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Looking at the roster to the Russian womens national soccer team a is the most common last letter in the last name in the transliterations on wikipedia, but there is also one each with an o, i, k, and y.  Not sure if they are not eastern slavic or the rule is more complex than simply adding an a in all instances.  Also the captain of the Russian mens national soccer team has a last name that ends in a in the transliteration on wikipedia.  

Yeah I don't think it's legally required but it's certainly the custom. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Slavic_naming_customs

8 hours ago, Jim L said:

Only the foundation can be laid before someone was born, the first brick has to be placed after birth. ;)

The stone that the builder refuse
Will always be the head cornerstone

Well getting back to the original theme of this topic, as a fan I have really enjoyed these past few years. (2011 to the present), now I know that in the past we have had other great athletes/teams, and I really enjoyed those periods as well. But I guess besides all the talented stars we have, it's also the advent of things like video, the events and the various web sites have all helped to make this period very enjoyable. 

I feel like we opened up a whole new playbook with our defensive brilliance displayed at the folkstyle level for the last 20 years.  I'm not sure if that's improved our freestyle success, or not.  Although Mr Yianni D is brilliant in both, I don't know if having one great example means there is a trend.  I like listening to Bader call wrestling matches.  Something about his presentation is contagious, and a huge thing that goes unappreciated is that he explains the scoring to many, many fans who don't really understand the scoring.  Let's face it, the rules of boxing haven't changed since the 1800's, yet if you've been away from wrestling for 5, 10 years or even longer, it can be frustrating to feel like you're not able to appreciate what's going on, because you don't even know how they scored the points.  Flo adds a lot too.  If they get any better at all, I'm going to dish out the monthly fee.