Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Rumor - Beau Bartlett will flip to Penn State

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I think he is going to be excellent. He will also have RBY as a training partner which will fit his style well. 4 time AA potential assuming he redshirts 

They’re both from AZ and grew up terrorizing the local youth tournaments together. It will be cool to see them both start for PSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nyum said:

They’re both from AZ and grew up terrorizing the local youth tournaments together. It will be cool to see them both start for PSU

Nope. Beau barely wrestled in AZ. Sure he practiced there but his dad took him all over to get competition. These two were quite a bit different in size as youths and wrestled out of clubs 100 miles apart. Beau moved to WS in JR high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zebra said:

Nope. Beau barely wrestled in AZ. Sure he practiced there but his dad took him all over to get competition. These two were quite a bit different in size as youths and wrestled out of clubs 100 miles apart. Beau moved to WS in JR high. 

His dad left AZ when Beau was in 5th grade or so.  He knew that he wouldn't get the daily level of competition he needed to be more successful.  I'm sure had he stayed he would have easily been a 4x AZ state champion and Fargo AA wherever he went, but going to Sem he had a chance to be really elite.  He's at a whole other level than he would have been if he had stayed in AZ.  Now look at him, he has some of the best colleges duking it out for him to attend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zebra said:

Nope. Beau barely wrestled in AZ. Sure he practiced there but his dad took him all over to get competition. These two were quite a bit different in size as youths and wrestled out of clubs 100 miles apart. Beau moved to WS in JR high. 

Up until Beau left Arizona, he was at every youth tournament every Saturday. RBY wasn’t as active on the local (as in AZ-usaw) circuit, but they both tore it up. I’m confused as to what you don’t understand about that. 

Nothing that I posted was incorrect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nyum said:

Up until Beau left Arizona, he was at every youth tournament every Saturday. RBY wasn’t as active on the local (as in AZ-usaw) circuit, but they both tore it up. I’m confused as to what you don’t understand about that. 

Nothing that I posted was incorrect. 

What was inaccurate was the implication they were both excessively active in AZ youth level wrestling. It may just be the way I read it but if you are implying they were at local tournaments nearly every weekend then you were wrong. Part of that is because until a few years ago AZ had almost no youth wrestling except the 10-ish freestyle tournaments after the High School season. If you wanted to have your 8 year old wrestle in more than those events you had to travel. Things are slowly changing but not in a significant way. 

My kid rolled out of the same room as Beau for 2 years and I talked to his dad at ever practice. Sure if they were not traveling they would hit up a local event but they traveled a lot. 

Bravo was actually very active and participated in a lot of the JR high events as several would allow 5th graders to participate. I spent a lot of time talking with his grandpa between rounds. The AZ-USA freestyle stuff not so much. 

The most effective stuff in the off season has been the weekend wars which were run out of Camp Verde but have moved over to Mingus Union. Lots of youth action there.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zebra said:

What was inaccurate was the implication they were both excessively active in AZ youth level wrestling. It may just be the way I read it but if you are implying they were at local tournaments nearly every weekend then you were wrong. Part of that is because until a few years ago AZ had almost no youth wrestling except the 10-ish freestyle tournaments after the High School season. If you wanted to have your 8 year old wrestle in more than those events you had to travel. Things are slowly changing but not in a significant way. 

My kid rolled out of the same room as Beau for 2 years and I talked to his dad at ever practice. Sure if they were not traveling they would hit up a local event but they traveled a lot. 

Bravo was actually very active and participated in a lot of the JR high events as several would allow 5th graders to participate. I spent a lot of time talking with his grandpa between rounds. The AZ-USA freestyle stuff not so much. 

The most effective stuff in the off season has been the weekend wars which were run out of Camp Verde but have moved over to Mingus Union. Lots of youth action there.      

Dude, I’m not getting into this pissing match with you. I’ve known Andre & Beau since before his first freestyle tourney. When Beau was little he always said he wanted to wrestle at Cornell.  His dad taught him a lot of upper body stuff early on, because as he put it “that’s where most kids naturally go, so why not help them be good at it.” And he absolutely tore up the bantam division lol. And I’d see RBY at all of the big AZ-USA events man so don’t act like he wasn’t there. Even though he was a little guy and I didn’t personally know him, he was Bravo’s grandkid so he stuck out.

And I actually wrestled at those AZ-USAW events, the middle school tourneys (as a fifth grader I might add) and the weekend wars, but I found a lot better “action” to be in a select few garages.  

We must just view the phrase “terrorizing local youth tourneys” differently. 

Can we at least agree that it will be cool seeing them both start for PSU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, Idaho said:

Don't see anywhere that Bartlett was a Princeton commit.... source? Or is this just to make PSU look greater by saying they are flipping to their school rather than being flipped off? 

On FRL Tuesday they said he was a "silent commit to Princeton but a lot of people knew about it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 8:10 AM, 1032004 said:

On FRL Tuesday they said he was a "silent commit to Princeton but a lot of people knew about it"

Like a desperate prom date? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×