Jimmy Cinnabon

Cassar granted 2 more years!

31 minutes ago, BLT said:

What dime? With all the high end people they are "supposedly" spreading their 9.9 over he would still have to be incurring a large chunk of debt each year. 

Do you honestly think the 9.9 is all their athletes actually receive?  I highly doubt that the top hwt. in the country on the #1 ranked team is limited to his share of the 9.9.

6 minutes ago, headshuck said:

How much does Cassar get post-graduation for his gold medal? Is he assured a certain pay grade at the RTC? How about 2 titles?

All that stuff is on a "need to know" basis. Top secret.

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Do you honestly think the 9.9 is all their athletes actually receive?  I highly doubt that the top hwt. in the country on the #1 ranked team is limited to his share of the 9.9.

No I don't. That's why I said supposedly, no way it adds up. 

4 hours ago, headshuck said:

A whole lot of Presidential candidates want to forgive all that college debt, so the NCAA is giving out eligibility like never before.

I can't wait to get my refund!  

4 hours ago, BLT said:

What dime? With all the high end people they are "supposedly" spreading their 9.9 over he would still have to be incurring a large chunk of debt each year. 

That's why I qualified my statement with "at least partly".

7 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Getting ridiculous. College is a safe haven from the real world. Coaches want their athletes to stay for selfish reasons. Some athletes can’t fathom dealing with a real job. If a wrestler hasn’t learned the valuable lessons that the sport teaches by age 22, it’s likely those lessons will never be learned. So a guy sticks around another year and wins a few more matches. Honestly, who really gives a darn. But, to each his own. 

I have a different view on this. 

As long as what the athletes are doing is within the NCAA’s rules, I have no problem with them staying in school and competing as long as they want. 

The world has changed and young people shouldn’t be written off if they don’t follow the same school/career path as previous generations. Why the rush to get out in the “real world?”  Is there a material difference between a 22-year old and a 25-year old entering the business world or other careers that favors the 22-year old? 

Last, but not least, this is America and law-abiding citizens get to choose their path along the pursuit of happiness. 

Cassar staying at Penn State another two years won’t cost any of us a dime. 

9 hours ago, Jim L said:

How does someone go to college for seven years, without working on a PHD?

Clearly the athlete part of student athlete is what matters.

Ask Ohio State Football the same question, it seems to happen there a lot. The ncaa needs their cash cows to stay relevant. 

As long as what the athletes are doing is within the NCAA’s rules, I have no problem with them staying in school and competing as long as they want. 
The world has changed and young people shouldn’t be written off if they don’t follow the same school/career path as previous generations. Why the rush to get out in the “real world?”  Is there a material difference between a 22-year old and a 25-year old entering the business world or other careers that favors the 22-year old? 
Last, but not least, this is America and law-abiding citizens get to choose their path along the pursuit of happiness. 

The original poster opened with “watch out true freshman Steveson!” It might cost the youth something.

3 hours ago, Old Corps said:

Law-Abiding-Citizen-poster-300x169.jpg

3 hours ago, Old Corps said:

You are 100% correct. But unless the athlete goes into coaching he loses time in the highly competitive professional world. So if staying within the confines of the comfortable world of college is what the athlete seeks, so be it. But I am more impressed with the person who is ready to jump into the fray. 

Ask Ohio State Football the same question, it seems to happen there a lot. The ncaa needs their cash cows to stay relevant. 

The Ohio State Football trains their guys up so they're pro ready in three years, not six years like Carl.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don’t like this stuff Cael’s doing with the extra 2 years. It’s one thing for Cassar to get 2 years due to an injury, but my real beef is with the Mormon mission thing. He loads his team full of Mormon’s, or converts them, and they get to go knock on doors here in America while they mature and continue to work out on the mat. It would be one thing if they were going to a third world country or an impoverished area of America and actually working the whole time. I’m a Baptist minister and have done the door knocking thing a few times. Why can’t I go on a “mission trip” and go knock on doors for 2 years and work out on the wrestling mat in my “down time”. Does anyone else find the Cael/ Mormon loophole a little ridiculous?

Ps. I’m a former member(Matburn155) who lost his lost his password. I mostly just lurked back in the day unless it came to the Abbas Jadidi Photoshop contest. Shout out to my boy Medicineman. Give me a good “WWJD” photoshop for old times sake. Anyways. I’m back!

17 hours ago, simple said:

Lol at a 25 year old man wanting to compete against college aged people 

It's happened many times before at many different programs.  I suspect you are only noticing now because it involves a Penn State wrestler which triggered you.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

18 hours ago, Jim L said:

How does someone go to college for seven years, without working on a PHD?

Clearly the athlete part of student athlete is what matters.

He was not enrolled at Penn State one of the years he sat out so if he only wrestles next year, that would be the same amount of time in school as any wrestler that redshirted. 

Does that help or are you still outraged? 

9 hours ago, Old Corps said:

Are you saying that Penn State has an infinite amount of money?  So giving money to Cassar doesn't actually reduce the amount of money available to some other students?  Or indeed, that Cassar's presence at the school doesn't take away the space available for some other student?