Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

Cassar granted 2 more years!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

The Ohio State Football trains their guys up so they're pro ready in three years, not six years like Carl.

 

 

 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Yep but they still can’t read or write while Cael’s boys are not only champs but academic all Americans.

Edited by LLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flying-Tiger said:

It's happened many times before at many different programs.  I suspect you are only noticing now because it involves a Penn State wrestler which triggered you.  

 

I never said anything about PSU. I generally like Penn State, lol. It’s funny and sad for almost everyone that’s done it.

Go on a mission? Military? Then want to prove yourself? Do it at the senior level. If you miss a year as a junior or senior that stopped you from accomplishing a goal, okay, take one more year. Miss two JV years? LOL. Maybe go back to high school while you’re at it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gowrestle said:

 So if staying within the confines of the comfortable world of college is what the athlete seeks, so be it. But I am more impressed with the person who is ready to jump into the fray. 

Yeah, you jump on your soapbox every time this subject comes up.  Luckily, college athletes aren't overly concerned with impressing people like you, so let them do what they want and live their life how they want.

Edited by KCMO2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pamela said:

Cornell? 

They've had several 25+ guys...Mike and Mark Grey being the most notable.  Stash guys in community college then attend the Ag for a few and then do a study abroad.  Koll is a master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

They've had several 25+ guys...Mike and Mark Grey being the most notable.  Stash guys in community college then attend the Ag for a few and then do a study abroad.  Koll is a master.

Ohh, I see - I had no idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep but they still can’t read or write while Cael’s boys are not only champs but academic all Americans.

They have the second highest APR in the B1G behind Northwestern.  

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2019/05/104124/ohio-state-football-posts-multiyear-apr-score-of-987-second-highest-in-the-big-ten

 

One of the best academic football programs in the country.

 

Nice try though.

 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gowrestle said:

You are 100% correct. But unless the athlete goes into coaching he loses time in the highly competitive professional world. So if staying within the confines of the comfortable world of college is what the athlete seeks, so be it. But I am more impressed with the person who is ready to jump into the fray. 

I’m very connected with the professional world, specifically the entry level to senior executive track. 

I’ve seen many older individuals enter this world “late”and do quite well. 

Does anyone believe that many companies wouldn’t jump at the chance to get “old men” like Burroughs, Dake, Varner, Taylor, etc., into their management training programs even though they’re several years older than the rest of the typical class?

Likewise, at this moment there are record numbers of former special operations warriors enrolled in many of the big-name MBA programs. None of them have business experience and all of them will be in their late 20s or early 30s when they graduate and are available for hire.  I suspect most will have secured a quality job before they even graduate, because that’s what’s been happening for those who’ve already graduated  

Now, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion and I’m not trying to change your mind, just throwing out an opposing view based on actual and current experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, klehner said:

Are you saying that Penn State has an infinite amount of money?  So giving money to Cassar doesn't actually reduce the amount of money available to some other students?  Or indeed, that Cassar's presence at the school doesn't take away the space available for some other student?

I’m saying that however Cassar pays for these extra years, none of us will be footing the bill. 

Penn State will follow the rules regarding money.

Sounds like you’re assuming that Cassar will be getting part of the 9.9 scholarships allotted. That’s not necessarily true.

Plenty of high-level DI wrestlers “give up” all of part of their scholly money as juniors and seniors  to free it up for incoming recruits. They work at summer camps held at their schools and often earn much more than what they were receiving from scholly money. Do they all do this? No, but plenty of programs utilize this model and it is perfectly legal as long as they stay within NCAA guidelines.

Do I think Cassar’s presence will cause some heavyweight recruits to go to another school, or some kids to transfer out?

Yes, this is very likely. 

Like America, NCAA wrestling is not run on a socialist system.

Nobody has the “right” to a spot on Penn State’s roster. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

They have the second highest APR in the B1G behind Northwestern.  

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2019/05/104124/ohio-state-football-posts-multiyear-apr-score-of-987-second-highest-in-the-big-ten

 

One of the best academic football programs in the country.

 

Nice try though.

 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

That’s ok, the best you will ever do at this sport is #2. Enjoy that!!!

 

Plus that’s a pro Blackeye site, I could post articles from BWI all day.

Edited by LLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That’s ok, the best you will ever do at this sport is #2. Enjoy that!!!
 
Plus that’s a pro Blackeye site, I could post articles from BWI all day.


Living on a prayer!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

 


Living on a prayer!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 

 

it would be great if you were actually relevant at the sport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Old Corps said:

I’m very connected with the professional world, specifically the entry level to senior executive track. 

I’ve seen many older individuals enter this world “late”and do quite well. 

Does anyone believe that many companies wouldn’t jump at the chance to get “old men” like Burroughs, Dake, Varner, Taylor, etc., into their management training programs even though they’re several years older than the rest of the typical class?

Likewise, at this moment there are record numbers of former special operations warriors enrolled in many of the big-name MBA programs. None of them have business experience and all of them will be in their late 20s or early 30s when they graduate and are available for hire.  I suspect most will have secured a quality job before they even graduate, because that’s what’s been happening for those who’ve already graduated  

Now, you’re certainly entitled to your opinion and I’m not trying to change your mind, just throwing out an opposing view based on actual and current experience.

Interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Yeah, you jump on your soapbox every time this subject comes up.  Luckily, college athletes aren't overly concerned with impressing people like you, so let them do what they want and live their life how they want.

They can do whatever they want. Including watching cartoons.  

Suck it up guy, suck it up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LLB said:

That’s ok, the best you will ever do at this sport is #2. Enjoy that!!!

 

Plus that’s a pro Blackeye site, I could post articles from BWI all day.

Be careful on BWI... rumor has it that the feds monitor that place for NAMBLA activities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gowrestle said:

They can do whatever they want. Including watching cartoons.  

Suck it up guy, suck it up....

 Of course they can.  So quit whining about guys spending extra time in college.

Edited by KCMO2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

 Of course they can.  So quit whining about guys spending extra time in college.

One of the best quotes of all time:

”Seven years of college the drain.”

Time for you to suck it up and be a man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...