scramble

Mizzou Assistant: Any Word?

7 hours ago, gallison said:

What's the scoop on Tyrel Todd?    Good hire?     Will he add more  in the wrestling room or the recruiting trail?

Very Good room guy and was a solid recruiter, considering he was at Purdue. I am interested to see if his UofM connections helps Mizz land some Michigan talent as Purdue grabbed a few.  If MSU can’t land them, I don’t want UofM to continue hogging them!

Although I would be shocked if Mich doesn’t land Facundo, Todd stealing him to Mizz would be huge to continue their high end success with possible multiple championship wrestlers. 

Edited by MSU158

8 hours ago, SikeD said:

It is a big deal that he hired as the associate head coach?  Has he proven himself enough to put in such a high position?  Especially considering Mizz had a few coaches waiting in the wings.

Who besides Joe Johnston did they have waiting in the wings?

16 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Who besides Joe Johnston did they have waiting in the wings?

Maybe "maybe waiting in the wings" in inaccurate since I don't know if any of them wanted the Associate HC gig.  But they also have Alan Waters and Matt Manley on staff. 

4 hours ago, SikeD said:

Maybe "maybe waiting in the wings" in inaccurate since I don't know if any of them wanted the Associate HC gig.  But they also have Alan Waters and Matt Manley on staff. 

I don't think either of those guys are even close to ready to become associate head coaches at a good D1 program.  Maybe in the future, but not now.

29 minutes ago, SikeD said:

So your answer to my questions:

It is a big deal that he hired as the associate head coach?  NO

Has he proven himself enough to put in such a high position?  YES

Time will tell, but I have a lot of confidence in Brian Smith and his decisions.