Sign in to follow this  
TobusRex

Spencer Lee movie

I don't remember hearing anything about this in the forum and was shocked to see it recommended for my viewing by Amazon Prime.  Any of you guys seen this? How crazy is that, Lee had a MOVIE about his wrestling accomplishments before even graduating from High School!

Edited by TobusRex

I’m glad guys like Lee are panning out, at least on the college level so far. We’ve had a crazy run of super recruits who we thought would challenge for titles but weren’t unsure how quickly. 

Almost every guy a movie would’ve been made of has had success. 

Hall - 1-2-2 only loses to another super elite world talent 

Lee - 1-1 takes weird losses but always puts it together at NCAAs. Also wins stacked weights both years. 

Zahid - 3-1-1 only challenge is Hall (amine maybe).

Gable —3 true freshman hvwt rarely start, let alone AA. Gable was dominant over lost guys, even when scores were close. His bonus rate was solid. He showed he can compete with the best guy, but is just not quite there yet. Still, he accomplished some very impressive goals in his first season.  

Yianni - 1-1 the next Snyder? He just beat all of the 3 other Americans who are world level and the 2018 world silver. It is fairly likely he medals at America’s worst weight historically  

At some point they will make a movie about a guy who is a multiple time junior world champ and he just doesn’t pan out in college. Glad it wasn’t Lee

20 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Hall - 1-2-2 only loses to another super elite world talent 

Lee - 1-1 takes weird losses but always puts it together at NCAAs. Also wins stacked weights both years. 

since you acknowledge Lee taking 'weird losses' you should probably acknowledge that Hall has losses on record to folks not named Valencia.

Edited by KTG119

27 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Where can I find the full film?

On 5/12/2019 at 9:05 AM, TobusRex said:

I don't remember hearing anything about this in the forum and was shocked to see it recommended for my viewing by Amazon Prime.  

Along the same note I came across the Wrestling With Life wrestling documentary recently.  You can’t catch this one YouTube, as well as, it being free through Prime.

Edited by MadMardigain

On 5/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, Dr. Novak said:

Really seems like he should have attended an Ivy or Lehigh.  Clean bright kid that somehow seems devalued rolling around with deplorable types.

Deplorable types? In Iowa? No, not at all. Iowa guys are clean, bright and tough as nails.

The "deplorables" are the white-supremacists - you know, the KKK guys. They are as deplorable as it gets, right there with the Nazi's (thus the name.)

On 5/13/2019 at 6:57 PM, MadMardigain said:

Along the same note I came across the Wrestling With Life wrestling documentary recently.  You can’t catch this one YouTube, as well as, it being free through Prime.

So what ever happened to Hammer Ramos?  We know what Schultz is up to, but what about his rival?

On 5/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, Dr. Novak said:

Really seems like he should have attended an Ivy or Lehigh.  Clean bright kid that somehow seems devalued rolling around with deplorable types.

i was told politics weren't allowed on this board.