Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

How big is Fix at 57k?

Yes. Look at him in comparison to Pletcher. Pletcher is thicker, taller, and longer than Fix: 

Then check out how fire-plug-esque Pletcher looks against Phillipi: 

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6275730-133-lbs-semis-luke-pletcher-ohio-state-vs-micky-phillippi-pittsburgh

***Edit*** My wife just looked and she disagrees. She says Fix looks bigger than Pletcher in that match. So, I was wrong. Maybe, it's Fix's arms. They just seem short to me.

Edited by jackwebster

fix isn't a big 33 for college... he could easily be a career 25... i say easily with the understanding he could make it and perform, but, it would be work... there was just no reason to this year for the team...

he makes multiple day of weighs scratch weight at 57 and still performs...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

fix isn't a big 33 for college... he could easily be a career 25... i say easily with the understanding he could make it and perform, but, it would be work... there was just no reason to this year for the team...

he makes multiple day of weighs scratch weight at 57 and still performs...

I think he's a bit of a tweener for folkstyle. He definitely could wrestle 125, but making that twice a week for 5 months would be pretty difficult for him. I think he's better up at 133 where he can wrestle a high pace (against everybody not named Suriano apparently) even though he's a little small. He's definitely not weak at 133. As you said, no reason to make 125 with Picc there. I wonder if he'll consider dropping after Picc graduates, especially if he doesn't have a title at that point. Definitely a 57 kg freestyle guy though. Even with day of weigh ins and 2 day tournaments, he only has to make it a few times a year, so it won't be as tough on his body as it would be in the college season.