Plasmodium

Kyle Dake's weight for next year

I can't figure out why people are convinced he will be 74 next year.  He will be four years removed from 74.  He has never made 74 with morning weigh-ins.  He hasn't been afraid of moving up in the past.  He absolutely owns DT.  Cox being at 86 is sketchy.  Burroughs owns Dake.  What gives?

32 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I can't figure out why people are convinced he will be 74 next year.  He will be four years removed from 74.  He has never made 74 with morning weigh-ins.  He hasn't been afraid of moving up in the past.  He absolutely owns DT.  Cox being at 86 is sketchy.  Burroughs owns Dake.  What gives?

He weighed 76kg the morning of his 79kg world championship match.

He has stated many times he is going 74 next year.

Not according to hammerlock, who is always right, so 86 kg may still be a thing for Dake. 

Plasmodium does bring up a good point though, whatever Dake’s weight really is. I suppose now that he’s a world champ, just making the team isn’t really what he’s optimizing for. Being that undersized in the Olympics doesn’t seem like the best idea. But the point about owning DT is well noted and DT did OK last year. 

I don't see why you need to bring whatever office politics to the table that have your grundies in a bunch.

Simply stated: Dake weighed 76kg the morning of last year stating he ate a big dinner and all that.

He has also stated he is going for 74kg next year.

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't see why you need to bring whatever office politics to the table that have your grundies in a bunch.

Simply stated: Dake weighed 76kg the morning of last year stating he ate a big dinner and all that.

He has also stated he is going for 74kg next year.

Apologies for the office politics. 

Where did Dake say he was going 74 this year?

12 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

That was clever the way you backed off your posts from the other topic and tried to steal my point.....

What was your point, that Dake is lying? Do you ever have a point? What topic you are talking about is behind me.

Recalling answers from interviews is generally how fans get their information. Unless you are Doug Dake or Rob Koll, I’m pretty sure you have zero basis for effectively calling him a liar when you yourself have even less of a clue than the posters you call out since you apparently did not hear the interviews in question. But that is typical of you so I wouldn’t expect anything less. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Well Dake is an uncommon individual, and when it comes to his planning and preparation he's pretty inventive, so if he does decide to go 74 next year, I am sure that he will be ready to go. 

Dake will be ready to go at 74kg and everyone will be sharper because of him.  However, I think Dake can beat anyone at 86kg especially with Sadulaev up at 97kg now.  I don't think training to bulk up for 86kg is something Dake is interested in anymore.  It's about the functional patterns!

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPlayer.jsp?TIM=1540475318700&twSessionId=eqatvucomwntsil&videoId=741651132

Here’s the interview where Dake said he woke up 3 kilos under the morning of world finals. For that reason, along with his new approach to strength and conditioning, I would be surprised to see him go up to 86kg next year. Definitely all speculation though.

1 hour ago, Jon_Kozak said:

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPlayer.jsp?TIM=1540475318700&twSessionId=eqatvucomwntsil&videoId=741651132

Here’s the interview where Dake said he woke up 3 kilos under the morning of world finals. For that reason, along with his new approach to strength and conditioning, I would be surprised to see him go up to 86kg next year. Definitely all speculation though.

Thanks for posting that.

I really don't buy it.  Eating three dinners and still only 4.4 over?  That would be an explicit admission that he knows he cannot beat Burroughs.

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Thanks for posting that.

I really don't buy it.  Eating three dinners and still only 4.4 over?  That would be an explicit admission that he knows he cannot beat Burroughs.

I wouldn’t interpret it like that but more he knew he would make the team at 79kg and wants to compete for a world title. Remember with the living the dream fund that’s a matter of an extra $50,000.

14 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Not according to hammerlock, who is always right, so 86 kg may still be a thing for Dake. 

Plasmodium does bring up a good point though, whatever Dake’s weight really is. I suppose now that he’s a world champ, just making the team isn’t really what he’s optimizing for. Being that undersized in the Olympics doesn’t seem like the best idea. But the point about owning DT is well noted and DT did OK last year. 

The owning DT is the one thing that gave me pause... because he simply does. 
But he would be undersized on the "World Stage" ... or would he
And realistically the weight will be tougher domestically than will 74kg (Ringer, Zahid, DT, Hall I assume, basically 79kg + DT) 
I have no inside info, but I do think he would be better suited at 74kg, lol as I type that and really do think about it, 
He owns DT, and wrestled Cox tough, with less time to "Bulk"... hell he might be fine up at 86kg.... weird weird weird interesting . 
Weird Weird Weird.... I dont know the right answer. Damnit FLO ask him! 

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

86kg Dake looked physically like an out of shape coach that decided to strap 'em on one last time at the Open just for the hell of it.   

Dake beat J'den and lost the match to go to the Olympics 4-3. If that's what an out of shape coach looks like-that's what I want to be.

I do agree with you though in that I think he'll be down at 74.