Plasmodium

Kyle Dake's weight for next year

I don't know if Kyle Dake actually mulls over this stuff as much as we might believe. I think he just trains and takes care of himself (and now, spends time being a dad) and has goes out and competes at whatever weight he's at, and does fine. He has plenty of time to decide on his Olympic weight.

2 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Dake beat J'den and lost the match to go to the Olympics 4-3. If that's what an out of shape coach looks like-that's what I want to be.

I do agree with you though in that I think he'll be down at 74.

Of course...I didn't mean in terms of his wrestling.  Dake is a complete animal, we all know that. I just meant, at least IMO, you could tell from his appearance that it's not natural for him to keep that much weight on.  

One idea for a bye would be to either A) if two returning world medalists are in a weight they do a 2/3 semi at the trials, then the final X is 2/3 of the two semi finalist winners.  

For example: if JB and Dake are world medalists at the same weight for the oly trials they bye to the semi's.  Then they compete at final X if they both win. 

B) If not then I guess the guy changing weights could bye to the finals of the trials, then meet the oly weight guy at final X. 

It is a unique situation because we have more returning medalist than ever it seems. We coul have 2 weights where this happens

I do not think there Is any doubt Kyle will be at 74kg for 2020. I for one think he will be our guy.

Not surprisingly, he has masterly managed to compete on the world stage at 79kg and keep open his options for the 2020 74kg spot.

He really opened some eyes in Budapest in October, he was fantastic even by Kyle Dake Standards.