spladle08

Monday Morning Headlines

What's your surprising prediction?

"Lee too much for Gilman"

"Molinaro turns back the clock"

"Hidlay is here to stay"

"Cassar eyes first world team"

(Not predicting any of those but thought it could be fun on this boring Thursday)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Penn State gets shut out in senior freestyle, Manville is the only PSU rep in Kazakhstan

This is a very real possibility.

I think all are well under 50% chance to make it.

While Zain is a monster, he is by no means a lock to even make the finals, pending seeds.  Whoever is on opposite sides of the bracket from the other two in Zain, GHulk, and Oliver stand a greater than 50% chance to make the final best of 3.  That being said I don't favor Zain over Oliver in the finals.  I may favor him in the semis if they're the 1 and 4(hopefully not) only because they should be closer to weigh-ins, yeah?  I give him about a 40% chance to make FINAL X. If he makes it I give him even stevens with YD. 50%

Nolf is going to realize that he went 157 and not 165(swappin with Cenzo) because there are weight classes for a reason.  I could see him making the best of 3 finals, or I could see him losing to any of the other top 5 seeds.  Add in IMAR(who is a monster now and has acclimated to 163lbs) and I don't see him having a better than 5-10% chance of making FINAL X.  Same as Massa, Valencia, Gantt and Lewis.  If he makes FINAL X he is at about 10% to beat Burroughs.

NICO may be our best 61kg guy we have if we go full round robin, however nobody is heads and shoulders above the pack.  That greatly favors Brewer more than anyone.  Whoever wins the WTT best of three will have it even with Colon, though. Both will be rested as well(barring injuries).  That being said, NICO is like 30% chance to make FINAL X. If he makes that I got him at like 40% chance against Colon.

Bo has a 99% chance to make FINAL X. Once there I see him as 40% at best against Cox.  Probably closer to 25%, though.

Cassar?  Is he going?  If he is I like him against the field at WTT.  If he makes FINAL X I give him less than 10%.  This is all difficult as we haven't seen him in Free in a long time.

Nevils has about a 10% chance to make best of 3 WTT finals.  Maybe even less. If he makes it to FINAL X I give him about a 10% too.

Edited by nhs67
Hit enter too soon.

I hope we see Cassar vs Steveson in freestyle.
Cassars explosive neutral style seems like itll translate, but his lack of size has me semi concerned, with stepouts and what not

If Ramos loses again to Clark in round 1, is there a chance he will retire?  That would be headline worthy IMO.
Yeah, I think that's a realistic headline.

Hes a little too old and just non competitive at 61kg, but it would surprise me if he didnt give 2020 a chance down at 57kg.
Thats when he finally hangs it up (if I had to guess)

I don't think he is too old (believe he's the same age as Dake and Taylor and only a year or so older than Nico) but I think 57kg under old rules was perfect for him.  Now he's a bit of a tweener.  (well, that, plus Fix and Gilman are both really good)

Edited by rpm002

I don't think he is too old (believe he's the same age as Dake and Taylor and only a year or so older than Nico) but I think 57kg under old rules was perfect for him.  Now he's a bit of a tweener.  (well, that, plus Fix and Gilman are both really good)
Yeah you're probably right. But I also feel like the lighter weights are a young mans game.
The rules though. Both weigh in and just match structure. He had it finally tuned. Hell he still reasonably does, but as you said Fix and Gilman are simply hammers. .

The rules though. Both weigh in and just match structure. He had it finally tuned.

This is so right.  It's been slipping recently, but if you look at 5 years ending at the US Open last year, Ramos's record in close matches is unbelievable.

Well, I was one match off, but still a good prediction. 
If it had to end here, I bet Ramos is happy that at least his last ever win came against Iowa. 
Tip of the cap

Can you change a setting so the forum doesn't have to scan-past an advertisement with every one of your posts?

Maybe let me look. Whoops didnt know that was an issue. Sorry broham.
You mean that "sent using tapatalk" nonsense I assume, I'm on it

59 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Maybe let me look. Whoops didnt know that was an issue. Sorry broham.
You mean that "sent using tapatalk" nonsense I assume, I'm on it

I'm impressed!   I thought for sure that you would suggest that I attempt an anatomically impossible act with myself.