Housebuye

World Team Trials - Day 1

There have been a few. Saunders losing early. Several high seeds losing early actually in Juniors.

Chandler Roger's losing early.

Also I see Colton Schultz has entered seniors for Greco. Pulling a Gable from last year and working double duty.

5 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

The high seeds losing early aren’t major upsets besides Saunders in juniors 

Foca beat the #2 seed Caffey at 86kg; Caffey reached the blood round of the Sr US Open and was picked 2nd by Flo.

Berreyesa (#7 seed) beat the #1 seed at 82kg in Senior GR.

52 minutes ago, klehner said:

Foca beat the #2 seed Caffey at 86kg; Caffey reached the blood round of the Sr US Open and was picked 2nd by Flo.

Berreyesa (#7 seed) beat the #1 seed at 82kg in Senior GR.

I picked Foca in that match. I don’t really see it as an upset. Caffey has a ton of potential but loses these kinds of matches. 

I was talking about freestyle (I referenced juniors only) I don’t know enough about Greco to know what is an upset. 

Anyone know if brackets (or at least seeds) for senior freestyle will come out today/tonight?

Juniors came out about 5 seconds before the start of the action today. 

Looks like Vito  Arujau won the junior tournament with ease at 57KG. Does that mean he still has a 2 of 3 or is he now on the team?

Also, is Vito also trying to make the senior team (as he wrestled at the senior level at the Open)?

Edited by NJDan

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Looks like Vito  Arujau won the junior tournament with ease at 57KG. Does that mean he still has a 2 of 3 or is he now on the team?

Also, is Vito also trying to make the senior team (as he wrestled at the senior level at the Open)?

Heinselman(sp) sitting in finals isn't he?

Not final x but they do have the pre-final x format where someone sits in the 2 of 3 finals and there is a challenge tournament to determine the other finals participant. Arujau won the challenge tournament. Now he’s in the best of 3 finals vs Heinselman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Red95 said:

Not final x but they do have the pre-final x format where someone sits in the 2 of 3 finals and there is a challenge tournament to determine the other finals participant. Arujau won the challenge tournament. Now he’s in the best of 3 finals vs Heinselman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that 2 of 3 this weekend or at some later date?

alirez getting dropped...

hafisov treating lamont like he was a child...

schultz treating grown ass men like they were children...

those things stepped out to me...