mspart

PSU boys and the Olympic Trials

Interesting post on the Nolf thread I believe, where someone said that Cael's guys will not challenge each other by being in the same weight class.  That's why Molinaro moved a few years back, so he and Zain wouldn't butt heads.

That is an interesting thought and brings to mind Ramos and Dennis from Hawkeye, which also was brought up.

So next year, if all the PSU guys that are out there participate in the OTT, who will be going head to head against each other from Cael's stable?

mspart

12 minutes ago, mspart said:

Interesting post on the Nolf thread I believe, where someone said that Cael's guys will not challenge each other by being in the same weight class.  That's why Molinaro moved a few years back, so he and Zain wouldn't butt heads.

That is an interesting thought and brings to mind Ramos and Dennis from Hawkeye, which also was brought up.

So next year, if all the PSU guys that are out there participate in the OTT, who will be going head to head against each other from Cael's stable?

mspart

I also said in that thread that next year it’s unavoidable at both 86kg and 74kg. Hall has said he can’t make 74 anymore so at least he and Taylor will be at 86kg. 74 will have Nolf and Cenzo and maybe Brooks. They’ll probably have a lot of middle weight guys going for 65kg but Zain’s the only real contender in my eyes.

Hall vs Taylor.  I just can't decide!

I suppose they will just have to lay it on the line. 

The issue with Ramos was he felt slighted by the Brands, at least that is what he said.  Whatever happened to him anyways?  Dennis came in, ruined his life, and then quietly went away.  It be like that sometimes.  In GR in 2008 I think, Oscar Wood finally broke through with a stellar year.  And then he went back down.  We had Slay take out Williams and then go away.  It happens.  That's one thing nice about wrestling.  You have no one to blame but yourself.  Period.  Ramos wanted to blame the Brands'.  But it was him.  He just didn't win.

I personally don't see anything wrong with 2 guys from the same club going at it in the same weight.  Steel sharpens steel so they say.

mspart

We will see what Hall's intentions are next season.

If he intends to give 86kg a go, he'll be 174/184 next year.  If Rasheed shows any sign of injury I could see him going up and them using Manville at 174.

If he ends up getting owned by Zahid this weekend we could see him think long and hard and adjust down to 165 for next season in prep for 74kg(163lbs).

I am not sold that Hall is done at 74kg until I see him at 86kg.

Yeah realistically there is 0 truth to the guys worrying about who is at what weight. Yes Molinaro (1 guy) left... they just haven't had a lot of competitive men's freestylers in awhile, so the chances of multiple guys at the same weight has been slim.

Yes Dennis/Ramos caught fire over "who the club seemed to like more"...

2 completely different scenarios. 0 proof of anything. Over the next few years, assuming Brooks, Hall, Cenzo, Nolf, Taylor, etc... all continue to chase their freestyle dreams, I doubt any of them jump clubs (as Molinaro did) to avoid any same team conflict, but realistically a couple of those names will fizzle out and itll work itself out.

Note* Molinaro and Retherford were both still at PSU and memebers of NLWC for the 2016 trials.

Other than that. #KeepTheFoilHatsOn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk