BigTimeFan

Men’s freestyle WTT day 1 thread

we are scoring

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

Green hasn't looked good in a long time.  Trying not to lose faith, but he's gotta step it up and soon...

the brightside is this weight has alot of great alternatives...... and the best one just lost. We are screwed at this weight at worlds

4 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Gable crushed Neville’s. He is just better at freestyle ?

Gable would pound Nevills in folk as well. Nevills was looking at the 7/8 match if he was at NCAA’s. Whether or not injuries were the major factor, Nevills regressed a bit. 

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

The celebrating of these early round results has me reminded that people dont understand freestlye or how shallow these weights are. Hold your horses. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

in final x we will see who is really the best in the country! 

There just arent a lot of "competitive" matches between guys with any chance of making the team.

A few weights, like 65, 79, 125, will have some "important" matches, in the semis and finals, but.....

Nolf teching Murphy.
Steveson beating Nevills
Hall beating Harvey. .

Yes of course, what did you expect?.
0 reason to celebrate or worry. Has nothing to do with the finals or final X.

Either Sasso has no gas tank or he got hurt.  Night and day look right now from start to end of match.
He did the same thing with Teemer I think 0-7 to dominating, I think Lee just has a slow start

Sasso looked all out of sorts in the last 3 minutes.  Did not look right at all.  Yes, credit to Lee but Sasso looked weird.  Could be Lee completely gassed him out but if so Sasso has a major gas tank liability.

11 minutes ago, nom said:

Sasso looked all out of sorts in the last 3 minutes.  Did not look right at all.  Yes, credit to Lee but Sasso looked weird.  Could be Lee completely gassed him out but if so Sasso has a major gas tank liability.

Lee did the exact same thing against Teemer in the semis - down 7-0 and came back to win in the second.  He is the Zach sanders of this generation

OK - answer me this ....

Vito clearly is the winner.  But the lift and 4 he got on Heinselman in the second match ... was that 4?  Malik did not land in danger.  He twisted so was chest down.  Mid flight he was exposed but not on landing.  Review done, 4 confirmed.  What is the nuance I'm not getting?

It appears that Flo's knighting of Sasso as a likely freshman NCAA champ might have been premature.  Lee pretty much handling him in the 2nd match.  Are they going to be in the same weight class in college?  Which weight are folks expecting these two to be?

1 hour ago, nom said:

It appears that Flo's knighting of Sasso as a likely freshman NCAA champ might have been premature.  Lee pretty much handling him in the 2nd match.  Are they going to be in the same weight class in college?  Which weight are folks expecting these two to be?

That’s not what Flo said. Also Sasso’s best position is top. He is much better at folk than free. He is absolutely a title contender in folk

17 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

That’s not what Flo said. Also Sasso’s best position is top. He is much better at folk than free. He is absolutely a title contender in folk

Guys on FRL didn’t say this?  I must have heard it wrong.   

Color me a bit unimpressed.  Will be curious to follow him next year.  The hype is strong with this one.