BigTimeFan

Men’s freestyle WTT day 1 thread

Just now, pamela said:

I though they didn't wrestle much before college and back then it was thought that Anthony had the higher ceiling...

Anthony and Hall were the two everyone talked about but Zahid was a 132 pounder in his sophomore or junior year and then ... blossomed.

surprised most of the flo guys picked hall to win , I mean Valencia has clearly been a step better in all their matches in college.  Zahid has always had more offense than hall. And Hall hasn't even been doing freestyle while Valencia beat ringer last year. Valencia is getting no love, nobody picking him vs ringer either who he beat soundly 

Just now, pamela said:

I though they didn't wrestle much before college and back then it was thought that Anthony had the higher ceiling...

They never wrestled each other in high school, but they faced  each other a lot of times in national tournaments when they were kids.  Zahid won all of those.

2 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

surprised most of the flo guys picked hall to win , I mean Valencia has clearly been a step better in all their matches in college.  Zahid has always had more offense than hall. And Hall hasn't even been doing freestyle while Valencia beat ringer last year. Valencia is getting no love, nobody picking him vs ringer either who he beat soundly 

Didn’t Nomad pick Zahid to lose to Dake in the middle weight preview? I like Zahid over Ringer, Dake over Zahid. 

I just cannot believe there isn't an espn or a cbs that wants to televise this stuff.  Makes no sense.  I feel our product is good enough to be getting paid for the rights to show them.  If we could just find a painless way to teach our fans how points are scored, this thing is ready to run I tell ya.

I just cannot believe there isn't an espn or a cbs that wants to televise this stuff.  Makes no sense.  I feel our product is good enough to be getting paid for the rights to show them.  If we could just find a painless way to teach our fans how points are scored, this thing is ready to run I tell ya.

They televise cornhole tournaments for God's sake.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Peso said:

I like the enthusiasm of the Flo guys.   But when they shout into the microphones my wife comes into room and tells me to turn it down.   

Well, guess I can't blame Flo for all of my domestic problems.   But they have technical details to work on.

Edited by Full Nelson

35 minutes ago, NJDan said:

One reason that ESPN might not be interested is that it takes three events -- the US Open, the WTT and Final X (or two Final Xs) to pick the team. If there was one tournament, it would make for better TV.

This.

The guy spent like 5 minutes talking about a hairball and shoes. I’m happy if flo is saving money on commentators by letting random fans do it for free though if they are spending it on bandwidth. 

They aren’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Zain has EVER beaten JO, it's hard for me to see Zain sweeping him.

JO is operating at 60% at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Full Nelson said:

I felt that way about much of his college career, but I've been impressed with his freestyle of late.

Absolutely. It's a wonder why he didn't wrestle like that his senior year. Just handled McKenna which surprised me to no end.

Well, I am looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully we see lot's of exciting matches. I know this is the MFS thread, but I do have to say that the downing of Robbie Smith by the young Cohlton Shultz deserves a mention.