rpm002

US National Team 2019 Scenarios

Assuming I understand the USA Wrestling policies correctly, besides the Final X wrestlers, 8 others who 100% clinched at least a spot on the US National team (top 3 at their weight) today.  They are:

• 57: Cruz (beat both JRod and Mueller, who are the finalists on the backside, so even if he loses to Gilman tomorrow, he will not need to wrestle for True Third)
  • 61: Graff (beat Megaludis)
  • 75: Nolf (beat Massa)
  • 79: Zahid (beat Hall)
  • 86: Heflin (beat Brooks)
  • 92: Macchiavello (beat Zilmer)
  • 97: Walz (beat Beazley)
  • 125: Steveson (beat Nelson)

All the guys mentioned in parentheses still have a chance as well, but they all need the guy who beat them today to also win tomorrow and then to win a True Third match. (For example, Megaludis can make it if Graff beats Brewer.  If that happens, that would trigger a true 3rd match between Megaludis and Brewer).   

57, 65, and 70 are more confusing since they did not have a final today.

57: Although it is very likely he will make it, Gilman is not yet 100% assured a spot on the National Team.  If he loses to Cruz, he'd need to win a True Third match against the JRod/Mueller winner.

65: The loser of Zain/Oliver will meet the winner of Molinaro/Eirmann for true third.  The only exception is if Zain loses and Molinaro wins, because Zain already won that match-up, so then he would get the spot.

70: The loser of Green/Ashnault will meet the winner of Sorensen/Chamberlain for true third.  But here there are 2 exceptions.... if that match-up is Green/Sorenson or (more likely) Chamberlain/Ashnault, then it won't be held as Green/Ashnault already won those match-ups.

Edited by rpm002

9 hours ago, rpm002 said:

Assuming I understand the USA Wrestling policies correctly, besides the Final X wrestlers, 8 others who 100% clinched at least a spot on the US National team (top 3 at their weight) today.  They are:

• 57: Cruz (beat both JRod and Mueller, who are the finalists on the backside, so even if he loses to Gilman tomorrow, he will not need to wrestle for True Third)
  • 61: Graff (beat Megaludis)
  • 75: Nolf (beat Massa)
  • 79: Zahid (beat Hall)
  • 86: Heflin (beat Brooks)
  • 92: Macchiavello (beat Zilmer)
  • 97: Walz (beat Beazley)
  • 125: Steveson (beat Nelson)

Nolf will be the guy at 75kg, everyone else is running away from that weight.  ;)

79kg this year is incredible. We have Dake, Ringer, and Zahid. 

74kg next year will be incredible too. Burroughs, Dake, iMart, Lewis, and Nolf. 

Wow.

Edited by Katie
added iMart & Lewis

79kg this year is incredible. We have Dake, Ringer, and Zahid. 
74kg next year will be incredible too. Burroughs, Dake, and Nolf. 
Wow.
74 you just needed to list the top 2 :) but yeah we will be tough at 74 and 86 next year. I really look forward to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, WF89 said:

Tony Nelson earned a spot on the national team by beating Coon 4-1.

Reminds me of when we had Bruce and Erickson and somebody else that was just a stud at heavyweight.  This is a hell of a 3 deep at heavyweight.I love Gwiz, but if this kid is at that level at 19 all I can say is wow!!!