19 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

Somewhat harsh Jason but if you feel that strongly yes I will leave.

You’re the guy who made fun of Marstellar because he has a degree from Lock Haven (while spelling Lock Haven incorrectly).

When invited to state your own academic credentials and implied career success so we could see what true greatness looked like, you did not respond. 

Predictably.

Edited by Old Corps

Most research has shown that folks ultimately regret getting a tattoo. My hunch is, the more body art, the greater level of regret. I know a plastic surgeon who has made good money removing tattoos. It’s an elective procedure that medical insurance doesn’t cover. My unsolicited advise is to think long and hard before getting a tattoo. 

But, to each his own and I have no negative feelings toward those that have them. Don’t know JO. It’s nice to hear he is a good guy, as are most of us. 

49 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Most research has shown that folks ultimately regret getting a tattoo. My hunch is, the more body art, the greater level of regret. I know a plastic surgeon who has made good money removing tattoos. It’s an elective procedure that medical insurance doesn’t cover. My unsolicited advise is to think long and hard before getting a tattoo. 

But, to each his own and I have no negative feelings toward those that have them. Don’t know JO. It’s nice to hear he is a good guy, as are most of us. 

6d11fc4591b246a7a7b3619774220631-jumbo.j

(equation representing the definition of a definite integral; she's getting her PhD in physics)

2 hours ago, klehner said:

6d11fc4591b246a7a7b3619774220631-jumbo.j

(equation representing the definition of a definite integral; she's getting her PhD in physics)

Awesome. Hopefully she can help find a solution to climate change. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Anyone else?

We'd love to take you "Behind the Green Door". We have some DUMBS (Deep Underground Military Bases) where the tall white's conduct genetic testing on 1 percent of the population. If you're available, let me know.  We have openings at S-4, Groomlake, Dulce, NM, Los Alamos National Labs, Sandia Labs, Tonapah Test Site, or even Alice Springs, Australia (Pine Gap).  Again, let me know if you want an application.  Since you'll be a test subject you won't need any type of compartmentalized security clearance, you're good to go as is.

6 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Exactly what “research” and which “folks”?

earliest known tattoo dates back to 3100 BC... it isn’t just some fad...

one thing we we can all agree on is overall worth of OP... which is to say less than any...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Exactly what “research” and which “folks”?

earliest known tattoo dates back to 3100 BC... it isn’t just some fad...

one thing we we can all agree on is overall worth of OP... which is to say less than any...

Really, not a fad!  You have me laughing so loud my dog hasn’t stopped barking. For more info, ask Alexa. 

7 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

Really, not a fad!  You have me laughing so loud my dog hasn’t stopped barking. For more info, ask Alexa. 

Frat boys and the like getting tattoos is definitely a fad...

tattooing in and of itself is most definitely not...

This is a forum, You can have your own opinions and ideas. Don’t let anybody run you off for voicing them.

This guy is playing an act, and the schtick is so 2003. Hey, look at me, the divisive troll who trashes athletes.

Everyone’s seen that unoriginal theme before. This is just another throw-away forum account intended to annoy people. Some are original, fun and harmless ... not jerks for the sake of being anonymous jerks. Only thing less original would be if “Dr” signed up using an aol email.

14 hours ago, Dr. Novak said:

Can't help but feel sorry for Jordan Oliver.  His tattoos are inexplicably awful.  

I don't think a thread that starts a discussion about tattoos, particularly men and women who largely fill their skin with them, is per se a problem, it's a pretty startling development in recent years and certainly a lot of people have a gut reaction that at a minimum is concerned about people getting buyer's remorse about something so permanent.

But the negative reaction here is due to the extremely gratuitous nature of the post.  How are we to describe his tattoos as "inexplicably awful"?  We can't even see exactly what they are -- they're mostly covered by his singlet.  And it's art -- it reflects his sensibilities.

And why would we feel sorry for Oliver?  He's a guy who looks quite comfortable with who he is.  He's a terrific wrestler who has had a great career and who has always been highly respected for the classy way he handled himself in his most well-known moment when he got what most people thought was a bad call that deprived him from what would have made him a three time NCAA champ after a gutsy last second takedown against an all-time great champ.  And the people who know him best can't say enough about him -- the way Yianni talked about him after the Open was memorable.  I'm comfortable, more than some of the people I've seen with that much ink, that he knows what he's doing and is making a mature choice in how he decorates his body.