10 hours ago, LJB said:

Frat boys and the like getting tattoos is definitely a fad...

tattooing in and of itself is most definitely not...

It’s a matter of interpretation. In my lifetime drunken sailors were the ones associated with tattoos. Don’t know if Plato or any Grecian wrestlers got them. But for sure, during the last 10 years there clearly has been in uptick in the number of people tattooing their bodies. I call that a fad especially that the latest data shows the rate decreasing. You may however, call that a historical aberration. 

Really why does anyone care other than maybe his parent?  Tattoo's, the length or color of someones hair, the socks they wear......  Really does it make any difference?  Tattoos are art to many people who get them, so who is the judge of what is good art?

20 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

It’s a matter of interpretation. In my lifetime drunken sailors were the ones associated with tattoos. Don’t know if Plato or any Grecian wrestlers got them. But for sure, during the last 10 years there clearly has been in uptick in the number of people tattooing their bodies. I call that a fad especially that the latest data shows the rate decreasing. You may however, call that a historical aberration. 

ancient greeks used tattooing to mark slaves and criminals...

other ancient cultures used it as a form of pain relief...

polynesians as a rite of passage...

you can go on and on...

but yes, frat boys and their "culture" in this country can ruin just about everything...

25 years ago i was considered heavily tattooed by most in this country... i could tell several stories about middle aged white women in the early 90s shielding their children away from me in public... now i don't even illicit a glance... every middle aged white guy has to make sure everyone knows he has ink... to be a half way desirable insta model has to have at least one full sleeve... 

the one thing that hasn't changed is that people who have tattoos could not possibly care less if anyone else have them or not... it is only the flip side that still feels the need to voice their over inflated opinions that count for exactly d!ck to anyone else...

I don't care if people get tattoos. I think they are tacky as hell and usually look like crap. I've only seen a couple that were actually pretty cool (both were chinese dragon tattoos). Tramp stamps are permitted, lol.  The funniest tattoos are the ones on people who either lost or gained a lot of weight after getting them :D

Edited by TobusRex

2 hours ago, wildcatfan1992 said:

I have a family member that has her deceased father's face tattooed on her back.  Needless to say, it has got to be uncomfortable for her husband having his dead father-in-law staring at him in certain situations....

Now that is a 1990's tramp stamp from hell!

Maybe its from being left handed and having to constantly wash #2 pencil off the side of my hand and forearm as a kid, but seeing tattoos just gives me that same urge to want to wash them off.

It is simply a visual thing to me.  I don't judge anyone negatively for having a lot of ink.  I just can't fight the urge to want to give them some soap and a scrub brush!!!

4 hours ago, LJB said:

ancient greeks used tattooing to mark slaves and criminals...

other ancient cultures used it as a form of pain relief...

polynesians as a rite of passage...

you can go on and on...

but yes, frat boys and their "culture" in this country can ruin just about everything...

25 years ago i was considered heavily tattooed by most in this country... i could tell several stories about middle aged white women in the early 90s shielding their children away from me in public... now i don't even illicit a glance... every middle aged white guy has to make sure everyone knows he has ink... to be a half way desirable insta model has to have at least one full sleeve... 

the one thing that hasn't changed is that people who have tattoos could not possibly care less if anyone else have them or not... it is only the flip side that still feels the need to voice their over inflated opinions that count for exactly d!ck to anyone else...

Interesting info. Nice to know you know how to use google. Sorry you regret having tattoos. 

the only tattoos i regretted i covered up long ago with more tattoos...

and i let a 12 year old do his first tattoo on me just a few years ago... 

no ragrets here...

still curious about all that research you mentioned earlier

(that should be read as made up)

3 hours ago, LJB said:

the only tattoos i regretted i covered up long ago with more tattoos...

and i let a 12 year old do his first tattoo on me just a few years ago... 

no ragrets here...

still curious about all that research you mentioned earlier

(that should be read as made up)

image.png.6cc16d42dcefcc91bc495b53d1703db2.png

you sure? 

Jordan Oliver may be a great guy but that many tattoos makes him like an MS 13 gang member.  It certainly doesn't help your image if you are trying to get product endorsement contracts.

I think all those tattoos would make manufactures shy away from him regarding endorsement contracts.  i.e. How many endorsement deals did you ever see Dennis Rodman get?

1 hour ago, teach said:

People, if you think employees and endorsements are staying away from Tattoos, I think you might be old?  Or the employer is?

Its more about simple commons sense.  It depends on what the tattoo is, where it is and what the dress code is.  If your job requires you to go into people's homes, you damn well better expect your visible ink to be a factor on whether or not you get the job or the people want you in their house.  Right or wrong, appearances are the very first thing you are judged on and first impressions often make or break relationships..............

Edited by MSU158

My field of work is civil engineering, which like almost all engineering disciplines is generally populated by conservative types of people (both politically and behaviorally). In general, the further up the chain of command one goes, the amount / acceptance of tattoos goes down almost exponentially. Engineers working in land development, highway or even structural departments and/or those that may have to attend public meetings, interact with officials, etc. just don't have tattoos, or if they do they are absolutely not visible.   

1 hour ago, custom fitch said:

My field of work is civil engineering, which like almost all engineering disciplines is generally populated by conservative types of people (both politically and behaviorally). In general, the further up the chain of command one goes, the amount / acceptance of tattoos goes down almost exponentially. Engineers working in land development, highway or even structural departments and/or those that may have to attend public meetings, interact with officials, etc. just don't have tattoos, or if they do they are absolutely not visible.   

Same with my place of employment.  We are a supplier of heavy components to the military.  Our shop floor guys have tons of tattoos, but those in engineering, management, etc. either do not have them or they keep them covered.  I would bet my next paycheck that you will never see somebody with neck tats in any kind of supervisory/management position in my company.  It just won't happen because people in those positions have to routinely speak to and present in front of senior leadership, military reps, etc.

I cover mine when they need to be covered. None of my employers since 1996 (first tattoo was in January of 2004) have cared about visible tattoos. However, when they're visible is reflective of the situation. I'm not going to be flashing the tattoos on my right leg during a business meeting. In Fargo, in the summer, I'm wearing shorts. No wrestling organization I've worked with has had an issue with it either. Not exactly going to wear shorts at the NCAA Championships. 

Trolling just to troll.