Housebuye

Pat Downey is still Pat Downey!

Shocker. He still has the emotional intelligence of a child.  Can’t wait for Taylor to embarrass him again. 

Edit: I feel like I was a bit harsh. If Downey makes the team, I’m 100% team Downey. This isn’t a big deal. I am just tired of the fake stuff surroundings Downey. He is who he is. Sometimes he loses his cool and while I don’t like it (which he definitely doesn’t care about), he is who he is

Edited by Housebuye

3 minutes ago, Hotkarl712 said:

He wasn't the one who refused to shake his opponent's hand

Actually it was Heflin that refused to shake hands.   You'll see on replay.

I didn't see anything particularly dickish in this match.   Just guys doing a lot of clubbing and rough crap. Not good, but nothing nuts.  They were both fighters.

4 minutes ago, Full Nelson said:

Actually it was Heflin that refused to shake hands.   You'll see on replay.

I didn't see anything particularly dickish in this match.   Just guys doing a lot of clubbing and rough crap. Not good, but nothing nuts.  They were both fighters.

Yeah that's what I meant, Downey wasn't the one who refused to shake his opponent's hand

Just now, balanceseeker said:

Downey continued to wrestle for another 5 seconds after the match was over and then was jawing at Heflin.  He's supposed to shake his hand while the guy is still talking crap?

This

If you want to assign blame in that match you'd have to go frame by frame.    This is harder to figure out than two kids fighting in back seat of a car.   There was nothing thugish, it was a fight that got out of hand.    I see Heflin is on twitter apologizing for any part he played in the nonsense.   Good for him.    

Some people are overreacting.

The guy is just a genuinely bad guy. I tried giving him a chance 3x now and used to defend him all the time. I won't anymore. Some people are just scumbags, despite their skill. At least we don't have to worry about him every being David Taylor level. 

It looked like Downey was getting up as if the match was over but there was time on the clock and Heflin kind of stood up into him, and then Downey put him back down pretty roughly. All with time still on the clock. If anyone was in the wrong here, I'd say it was Heflin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, the antics at the end of the match and afterwards may have caused some to roll their eyes at PD3, which is understandable, but I would say PD3, looks like he has really upped his game, I don't ever remember seeing him have this much success in the past few years. I think DT presents a big challenge for PD3, and you never know, but I would say that DT's attacks and scrambles will be what carries the day for him. But love him or hate him, you have to give PD3 credit for what he was able to accomplish here this Spring. 

3 hours ago, jsmalls131313 said:

The guy is just a genuinely bad guy. I tried giving him a chance 3x now and used to defend him all the time. I won't anymore. Some people are just scumbags, despite their skill. At least we don't have to worry about him every being David Taylor level. 

thats what can be scary.

taylor is already hurt

tho in this instance, im not sure what started it. downey seemed to be getting up, looked at ref, then pounced back down on heflin... then chaos

Edited by GockeS

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Heflin kind of stood up into him, and then Downey put him back down pretty roughly. All with time still on the clock. 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You'd better watch it again.  Downey is doing his extra-curricular stuff on top a good 3-4 seconds after time expired.